Trim problems in F-16

I'm having trim problems when I fly DCS F-16 & F/A-18. I have a Thrustmaster Warthog setup and have the trim settings mapped. But no matter what I do while in flight the jet wants to descend. Does anyone know how to rectify this?

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

38 minutes ago, Frederf said:

Make a new ME mission with an F-16, air start. Start mission and active pause. Look at the needle dials on the aft left console when you actuate the trim directions. See that the needles move in response.

Will do. Thanks 

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

I had the same issue with both jets as well. Turns out I had inadvertantly assigned nose down trim to a second button that was already in use. Unmapped and all down trim issues went away.

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Assuming you don't have any control mapping issues, this is how trim should work in the Viper (and it does):

With less than 15 units of AOA on the jet, the flight control logic is looking for G inputs. In level unloaded flight at less than 15 units of AOA, one click of trim = 0.1 Gs.  So the jet will try to hold 1.0 Gs in level flight with no trim input. If you give it one click of nose up trim, it will try to hold 1.1G. 2 clicks is 1.2G, etc. Same for nose down. So, if you have the jet behaving oddly, unload the pull with the flight path marker on the horizon and look at the G meter in the Hud.  If it reads something like -0.5, then you need 5 clicks of nose up trim.

Cheers,

Dances

• Like 2

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

• 2 months later...