MiG-29A Multi-Role Hop

Zeagle

Here is a video of one of my recent MiG-29A hops.  I was intending to fly a short air-to-mud mission, then RTB. Things got a little more interesting.

If anyone is looking for a place to fly Russian birds, check out the server. Maybe one day I can find a enough MiG-29 flyers to start up a squadron. 

We fly all the Russian birds pretty much. But I seem to gravitate towards the Fulcrum more often than not.

MiG-29A Multi-Role Hop

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zeagle said:

I am such a newb...lol. I totally overlooked the HUD repeater. 

lol I was going to say you have the hud right there! 🙂

I flew on your server the other day (on SU-25Ts) (I was Neurus) 🙂

One more thing that adds to confusion, as far as I know in the real aircraft there is no single button to change between nav, return and land everything is physical switch same goes for radar modes etc...

We will have to wait for that full fidelity MiG-29 goodness 😄 but then again we will lose some other stuff with it that are currently oversimplified, for example RWR (SPO-15) shuts off when you get someone in STT lock, so you always have to keep in mind that missiles may already be launched at you

• Like 1

Hey Neurus, the server has a password now. Jump on the Discord to get the password. Also, we use Discord for voice at this time.

XPACT..come fly with us.

The scenario on the server has bad weather. It makes AG missions really difficult. But the weather will improve on subsequent scenarios.

Fun ride. So now you know why there’s a HUD repeater in the aircraft. 🙂 

Me...I would have killed the Master Caution light, too. I always find flashing red lights too adrenaline inducing at times when it’s best to stay calm.

Nice landing, too.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

11 hours ago, XPACT said:

One more thing that adds to confusion, as far as I know in the real aircraft there is no single button to change between nav, return and land everything is physical switch same goes for radar modes etc...

We will have to wait for that full fidelity MiG-29 goodness 😄 but then again we will lose some other stuff with it that are currently oversimplified, for example RWR (SPO-15) shuts off when you get someone in STT lock, so you always have to keep in mind that missiles may already be launched at you

That's odd. Why would it do that? Not like your radar is flooding your own RWR. 

5 hours ago, Zweistein000 said:

That's odd. Why would it do that? Not like your radar is flooding your own RWR. 

Not sure honestly. I've heard it long time ago from MiG29 pilot in a documentary and didn't think much of it but few days ago saw a post here on the forums from ex MiG29 pilot and he also mentioned that you lose RWR in STT and now I can't find that post... Another thing tho in the documentary pilot says it in a way that can be interpreted like you only lose missile launch warning but other parts of RWR might stay operational