2.7 VR Issue: Objects not rendering in both eyes - RESOLVED

Twwhitey

** Update - the fix for this (as noted by Maksim below) is ensuring that in WMR settings under "Headset display" you have "Experience options" set to "Best Visual quality". If you have it set to "Optimized for performance" you’ll experience the issue I was seeing below.

Can't seem to rid myself of this issue on the Reverb G2 but since updating to 2.7... objects at a certain distance (not close but not too far away) don't render in both eyes resulting a weird headache and cross-eye inducing effect.  Finally able to create a screenshot depicting the issue (notice the missing buildings in the right eye) ... anyone find a fix for this?  Its present on every map and irrespective of airframe as far as I can tell (this is Syria, Beirut).

I've tried all iterations of options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser option (true, false and removed altogether) from the autoexec.cfg - no help....  Didn't have this issue on 2.5.6..

Any thoughts?

Object_render_Syria.jpg

Settings_27.jpg

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

do you still have the issue if you increase the visibility range to high ? 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

do you still have the issue if you increase the visibility range to high ? 

Good question - I've toggled through all the Visib range" options (as well as the scenery details slider from 0.1 to 1.0) and it doesn't seem to matter.  I broke down and decided to do a full on fresh OB re-install at the moment.  Once completed I'll carefully start testing prior to and after adding the Kegetys Shader Mod to make sure it's not related to that...    Its certainly not something the cross-eye recovery tool thing can seemingly fix either, the objects don't appear offset they're just flat out not rendering in the eye on the opposite side of the object..

note in the screenshots I'm adding I'm just highlighting super obvious examples... in game looking left and right by brain is going nuts because the scene is absolutely littered with missing objects in one eye depending on where I look, it's quite maddening...

Screen_210418_105843.png

Screen_210418_110155.png

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Updated: I think I found what causing it at least for me. Try for yourself. In WMR settings go into "Headset display" and change "Experience options" to have it "Best Visual quality". You might have it right now set to "Optimized for performance" as I had. For whatever reason this option causing this weird effect. I also had a problem but much worse in IL-2 again with this option set to "Optimized for performance"

I have it also with some distances. For example, looking the crew at supercarrier just before take off, in catapult. If you look from your cockpit, the one guy that are closer didn´t renders the same details in each eye (clothes are specially noticeable). This bug came from 2.5.5, in many threads since 1.5 years ago, I hope ED fix as soon as possible.

My HDM --> Valve Index

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Updated: I think I found what causing it at least for me. Try for yourself. In WMR settings go into "Headset display" and change "Experience options" to have it "Best Visual quality". You might have it right now set to "Optimized for performance" as I had. For whatever reason this option causing this weird effect. I also had a problem but much worse in IL-2 again with this option set to "Optimized for performance"

Interesting - I did recently make the change to “Optimized for Performance”  in the WMR (based on a YouTube recommendation I saw this weekend), that sounds like a very feasible cause.  I will DEFINITELY try that once my 2nd attempt at a 240GB download and re-install completes.  😕 

• Twwhitey changed the title to 2.7 VR Issue: Objects not rendering in both eyes - RESOLVED
3 hours ago, Maksim Savelev said:

You nailed it @Maksim Savelev... thank you for the info, that was definitely the issue!  Switched it back to Best Visual Quality and the issue is resolved... hope this thread helps others in the future... and thanks again!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gryzor said:

I have it also with some distances. For example, looking the crew at supercarrier just before take off, in catapult. If you look from your cockpit, the one guy that are closer didn´t renders the same details in each eye (clothes are specially noticeable). This bug came from 2.5.5, in many threads since 1.5 years ago, I hope ED fix as soon as possible.

My HDM --> Valve Index

i have this exact issue too, Oculus Quest 2 via Link. I can notice it occasionally with objects, especially shadows, but the Deck crew mention is what really nailed it for me. It’s just some little details that are different between my two eyes.

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, Highwayman-Ed said:

i have this exact issue too, Oculus Quest 2 via Link. I can notice it occasionally with objects, especially shadows, but the Deck crew mention is what really nailed it for me. It’s just some little details that are different between my two eyes.

Same here. I was doing a post about this. Not only with Deck Crew but with the Water too. I tried in LSO platform look to the water near the boat abeam the carrier and if i close the left eye the water is perfect, but if i close the right eye the water on left eye is with a shimmering effect. Something is going on with Water/Shaders and some objects are not rendered in same way in both eyes.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.