Is it worth to buy it now ?

9 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

It is simply not modelled. You have no wing flutter, no hung ordnance by overspeeding your AG ordnance, no failed stations or ripped fuel tanks du to over G.

Why would you fly beyond Vne?  Why would you need that?  It's hardly essential to model as it is something you should be going out of your way to avoid.  If you want realism, then fly to the prescribed limits and you won't have those issues.  They are hardly a priority as most users will never put their aircraft in that state to begin with.  This is a discipline issue, not a modelling issue.

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070M 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Lace:

Why would you fly beyond Vne?  Why would you need that?  It's hardly essential to model as it is something you should be going out of your way to avoid.  If you want realism, then fly to the prescribed limits and you won't have those issues.  They are hardly a priority as most users will never put their aircraft in that state to begin with.  This is a discipline issue, not a modelling issue.

Totally agree with that, yet people do it and complain about it (see above)...
Over-G should be modelled tho.

53 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

It is simply not modelled. You have no wing flutter, no hung ordnance by overspeeding your AG ordnance, no failed stations or ripped fuel tanks du to over G.

Yup, the problem is that since its still very much a WIP, the actual limitations of the jet are simply either not modeled, or poorly modeled. But that seems to be a common problem for DCS, model capabilities, and well limitations, no one likes those..

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I wonder how new feature implementations are going.

Since the hornet has got what it should get in terms of features, engineers, coders should be employed on viper as ED said.

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

Youtube

Z390 / i5 9400F / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 4 and 5

On 5/3/2021 at 7:27 PM, Lace said:

Personally I would consider flying beyond Vne if I otherwise die. It would be not on the top of my list. It would be a conscious decision.

Very much like overriding the G-limiter in the Hornet or vmax in the F-15 (irl).

In the F-16 you are not being pampered, you are the brains of the operation, you need to keep it in shape. You have no G-limiter, but you yourself have to know the loadout remaining and it's G-tolerances and fly accordingly. Same with speed. 

If you want to fly realistically, start doing all the stuff that's not required, but realistically good for you now. Check cabin pressure when climbing, keep an eye on speed, keep an eye on Gs, etc. Do that fighter pilot stuff. It's incredibly rewarding!

Edited by deadpool

Deadpool, pilot of "a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007" :megalol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

― John Steinbeck

2 hours ago, deadpool said:

If you want to fly realistically, start doing all the stuff that's not required, but realistically good for you now. Check cabin pressure when climbing, keep an eye on speed, keep an eye on Gs, etc. Do that fighter pilot stuff. It's incredibly rewarding!

I do thanks, and it is.

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070M 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, ebabil said:

Since the hornet has got what it should get in terms of features, engineers, coders should be employed on viper as ED said.

3528778.jpg

Heard that one far too many times....

Edited by Greg B
On 5/4/2021 at 6:02 AM, deadpool said:

Personally I would consider flying beyond Vne if I otherwise die. It would be not on the top of my list. It would be a conscious decision.

Very much like overriding the G-limiter in the Hornet or vmax in the F-15 (irl).

In the F-16 you are not being pampered, you are the brains of the operation, you need to keep it in shape. You have no G-limiter, but you yourself have to know the loadout remaining and it's G-tolerances and fly accordingly. Same with speed. 

Amusingly the jeff has alot of those "lil details" modeled. Defoging your pit even... Your pilot will get cold etc. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 5/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, ebabil said:

This is essentially a list of changes (excluding minor fixes for things) of end of 2019 till now:

Added EOM (Equation of Motion submode) and PB (Pre-Briefed mode) for POS Mode HARM

Added POS (Position) mode, RUK (Range Unknown) submode for the AGM-88C HARM

AGM-65G/D/H/K adding missing options (let's just say that the mavs never really reliably worked, though)
    Boresight (BSGT) option
    Uncage (allow Maverick gyro to complete 30 seconds earlier)
    It is possible to lock on with two missiles prior to launching the first missile

23.09.2020 Mavericks and Harms!
Added AGM-65D/G/H/K

26.09.2020 TGP Litening

Crash when adding new waypoints fixed!

Added ability to create new waypoints.

FCR Hostiles returning Friendly - Fixed

Fixed Dogfight Mode (I highly doubt that, you will find lots of forum thread entries regarding how radar tracks lag and aren't useful)

Added EEGS Level 5 gunsight

3D cockpit model. Eliminated some gaps and stitches in the forward part of the cockpit.
3D model. Corrected wing flex animation with lights and pylons.

As you can see the big ones are (as were promised) New waypoints on the go + Litening Tpod + Mavericks and Harms in 2020. Those were "our" three big updates.

Now it's been 8 months since anything big hitting the F-16 (minus the clouds, which are awesome, but more of a general thing). 

We haven't had such a "calm" period since ever .. 

• Like 1

Deadpool, pilot of "a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007" :megalol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

― John Steinbeck

2 hours ago, deadpool said:

This is essentially a list of changes (excluding minor fixes for things) of end of 2019 till now:

As you can see the big ones are (as were promised) New waypoints on the go + Litening Tpod + Mavericks and Harms in 2020. Those were "our" three big updates.

Now it's been 8 months since anything big hitting the F-16 (minus the clouds, which are awesome, but more of a general thing). 

We haven't had such a "calm" period since ever .. 

That's a really good summary. Thanks! I feel like EOM and PB modes were significant for me personally. HAS and RUK weren't sufficient for going up against big SAM sites. But maybe that would be considered a small change and HTS would be big. The top things I'm anticipating are flight model tweaks, a proper SPI system and ground target designation with JHMCS.