take of & landing panel .lua edit

markturner1960

Hi, I cant find the OP, apologies, but someone here kindly posted some edited .lua files that enabled you to program the ECM dial, launch bar and hook bypass switches correctly. I have re posted them again below. This was great apart from you  re install after each update. If I re install now after 2.7, it causes various things in the cockpit to be "unclickable" and be generally fubar'd....

Can someone who knows this stuff look at why this might be and possibly alter the files so they work again with 2.7?

heres hoping! Thanks!

Mods (1).zip

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

You don't need to do this anymore since they enabled the ECM in the F-18.

Run a repair on your DCS install and try the default bindings.

They fixed a typo in the F-18 bindings lua code (COCKPIT_LIGTHS is now COCKPIT_LIGHTS) and that's probably why it's broken but it's completely unnecessary at this point.

hi, thanks, but its not there yet - hook bypass and launch bar still only listed as extend/retract & field / carrier,  instead of a command to match the actual position (Which these files added).....but at least we have the ECM.

Can anyone help with the others?

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

19 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

hi, thanks, but its not there yet - hook bypass and launch bar still only listed as extend/retract & field / carrier,  instead of a command to match the actual position (Which these files added).....but at least we have the ECM.

Can anyone help with the others?

Yes hook bypass and launch bar are not in properly. Neither is the fuel dump (on/off) I think.

Here's my current default.lua for \Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\ it should get you what you're looking for.

default.lua

Thanks buddy, did you make the original files as well? 

Top man, thank you, as I said, could not find the OP, so I could namecheck you. Good work.