Any new Hind news?

WarHawk72

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Anyone else slightly worried that Petrovich AI won't be able to employ the ATGM AT missiles, at least initially on EA release? Hopefully I'm wrong about this. 

image.png

Multi-crew. Second crew member can be another player or "Petrovich" AI (basic AI level during early access phase)

AND

Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator

Means that Early Access Petrovich will operate thosehowever knowing ED and their rather weird "thought - 2 - wording" process, combined with the above red and Petrovich reporting this truck in recent start up video (without Wags even commenting this) makes me believe EA Petrovich WILL NOT be capable of operating anything apart from heading / speed / altitude.    

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Anyone else slightly worried that Petrovich AI won't be able to employ the ATGM AT missiles, at least initially on EA release?

I'm not, what information is this concern based on? 

Untitled-2.png

1 hour ago, Jun said:

I'm not, what information is this concern based on? 

Yeah, the weird wording of EDs "press" releases, basically what Gierasimov said. Also the strange absence of any "new" AI information, other than the brief blurbs regarding it's hover and movement abilities, despite the imminent release of the Hind makes me believe that this is as far as they've come with the AI. Still, it's nothing concrete.

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

8 minutes ago, Porkie said:

steam had it releasing at 1200EST today, now it shows release in 6 hrs... 

in less than an hour for me (in France) but I do not know if this corresponds to a reality 😉

Capture d’écran 2021-05-31 à 18.28.17.png

32 minutes ago, Kovacs said:

in less than an hour for me (in France) but I do not know if this corresponds to a reality 😉

Capture d’écran 2021-05-31 à 18.28.17.png

The message has just changed, product not available, will be released soon

Capture d’écran 2021-05-31 à 19.02.31.png

Good. More time for bringing more things to life. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator

Means that Early Access Petrovich will operate thosehowever knowing ED and their rather weird "thought - 2 - wording" process, combined with the above red and Petrovich reporting this truck in recent start up video (without Wags even commenting this) makes me believe EA Petrovich WILL NOT be capable of operating anything apart from heading / speed / altitude.    

Yeah I agree,  I don't read in there that the AI will be able to search, locate and engage targets on it's own while the player fly's from the rear seat. To me that just says you can operate the ATGM 9M114 from the front seat yourself. I could be wrong and I hope I am as that capabilty would be fantastic in early release and a real game changer.

• Like 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

ED changed the date to June 16 on Steam. And that date falls on Wednesday. So, can it be real?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World_Steam_Edition/

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, the weird wording of EDs "press" releases, basically what Gierasimov said. Also the strange absence of any "new" AI information, other than the brief blurbs regarding it's hover and movement abilities, despite the imminent release of the Hind makes me believe that this is as far as they've come with the AI. Still, it's nothing concrete.

Yeah man this is why in my post after the simplified start up I said I was sorta worried.  When the F14 came out we had already heard jester do stuff and say a ton of stuff.  They couldn't really hide him at all. I didn't even notice the ai in this till someone said he said one line.  Still hoping I was wrong when I urged then to adapt jester and lease him from HB

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sublime said:

Yeah man this is why in my post after the simplified start up I said I was sorta worried.  When the F14 came out we had already heard jester do stuff and say a ton of stuff.  They couldn't really hide him at all. I didn't even notice the ai in this till someone said he said one line.  Still hoping I was wrong when I urged then to adapt jester and lease him from HB

I guess we'll see soon enough. I am really going to hate switching seats, in the Hind. Not only is it immersion breaking, it's a whole lot of extra workload for a single operator, which would make using it in single-player a real pain until they implement proper AI. Hopefully the multicrew part will work out of the box, so I can train with a friend at least. *sigh*

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I guess we'll see soon enough. I am really going to hate switching seats, in the Hind. Not only is it immersion breaking, it's a whole lot of extra workload for a single operator, which would make using it in single-player a real pain until they implement proper AI. Hopefully the multicrew part will work out of the box, so I can train with a friend at least. *sigh*

I mean I'm still gonna get it I'm too pumped.  But it'll be module breaking for me if they don't get the ai to guide weapons etc.  I won't lie - I agree with what others thought reading between the lines (the explanation IS how ED thinks) and I'm pretty disappointed at the thought that they seemingly are going to have an AI that just auto hovers and flies in a straight line.  In the F14 Iceman can do all that and he's definitely considered the dumbass AI.  The autohover.. I mean they had autopilot auto hovers in other modules - this in practice would be really close.  To me it's like the f14 if jester couldn't use the radar.  It'd be a "wtf' moment. The hinds guided weapons.. are the reason that guy is there.

I'm still really pumped. But I got a gnawing bad feeling

I'm in the polar opposite camp: I believe AI shouldn't be able to guide a missile, or find targets, but can very basically fly the helo so I can do those tasks. Letting AI find targets and guide missiles feels fairly cheaty to me in aircraft like Gazelle and Hind. That's me anyway. Sighting systems in these aircraft are completely manual, arguably apart from Viviane's thermal mode, but even then, they both feature no target lock ability, and no automatic tracking either. Just stabilization. And in case of Hind's Raduga, no rangefinding either. An AI that can spot targets and engage them with a guided missile by itself, takes away characteristic features of these systems, and the challenge/fun in using them IMO.

As far as I know, there is an actual hover autopilot mode on the real helo, and as far as we know so far, Petrovich will be able to do these as well. So, I think I'll probably be happy myself :). And AI hovers or flies a straight line is exactly what I wanted all along, even better if I can tell them to slightly ascend/descend, or turn x degrees left/right.

I can understand Jester to some degree because of Tomcat's and AWG-9's uber-complexity. But an essentially bot merrily finding and plinking away random targets while I'm flying in a Hind just sounds wrong to me.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

15 minutes ago, WinterH said:

I'm in the polar opposite camp: I believe AI shouldn't be able to guide a missile, or find targets, but can very basically fly the helo so I can do those tasks. Letting AI find targets and guide missiles feels fairly cheaty to me in aircraft like Gazelle and Hind. That's me anyway. Sighting systems in these aircraft are completely manual, arguably apart from Viviane's thermal mode, but even then, they both feature no target lock ability, and no automatic tracking either. Just stabilization. And in case of Hind's Raduga, no rangefinding either. An AI that can spot targets and engage them with a guided missile by itself, takes away characteristic features of these systems, and the challenge/fun in using them IMO.

As far as I know, there is an actual hover autopilot mode on the real helo, and as far as we know so far, Petrovich will be able to do these as well. So, I think I'll probably be happy myself :). And AI hovers or flies a straight line is exactly what I wanted all along, even better if I can tell them to slightly ascend/descend, or turn x degrees left/right.

I can understand Jester to some degree because of Tomcat's and AWG-9's uber-complexity. But an essentially bot merrily finding and plinking away random targets while I'm flying in a Hind just sounds wrong to me.

Pertrovich will not be perfect. He will have hard time spotting outside of perfect visual conditions and will react with a lag as per real life cabin communications challenges and human processing. That was so far chinted in various posts and discussions. 

Otherwise the work on this AI would have been already done, but ED wants to make it really good AI, coz they absolutely need it for Apache as well as the other helo in works. 

27 minutes ago, WinterH said:

There are a whole lot of people (according the Eagle Dynamics a majority of people) who never play multiplayer. I think it would be extremely unfair of Eagle Dynamics (or anyone else for that matter) to scam these people into buying a two-person module, that can't effectively be operated by one person. 

I have no idea why you feel this way, maybe you think that the AI will be able to do this task better than a real person, maybe you are an online-only guy who doesn't want any kind of AI messing up his and his team-mates' experience in the game. In any case, you will be able to disable the AI (or limit it to very basic tasks) on your multiplayer servers, this has already been confirmed by Eagle Dynamics so you don't have to worry. You don't have to play with us "cheaters" if you don't want to. 🙈🙉🙊

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1