Rearm dropdown menu problem since 2.7

Penpalud56

Hi,

i can’t change livery and weapons loadout no more in game since 2.7. I can’t select anything when I click on the two relevant boxes. No particular issue when I’m in the mission editor, the problem just appears in game.
is this a known bug of 2.7 pending a patch ?

thanks

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue. I get the old 2D screen, and can refuel, but can't select armaments on any station. (didn't try changing livery, was on a multiplayer server)

Edit to add:  A check offline is giving me the same issue.

Got it working, at least offline, unable to test multiplayer for now. Verify files was showing nothing wrong, but you never know. So I renamed DCS.exe to DCS.old, (C/Program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta/bin) ran the repair function and let it redownload the .exe. No dice.

But there have been issues in the past with major updates that old missions need a resave, so I went into the mission editor and saved a mission, even after making no changes, and rearm started working in all my offline missions, even the ones I hadn't resaved.  Don't know if it was the redownload, or the act of saving a mission, so try just saving any mission first. Fix is persisting after several closes to desktop and restart, too.  If I run into any more issues with this, or have test results in multiplayer, will post here. 

• Like 1

OK, finally got a chance to go into multiplayer, issue is definitely fixed for me.  Give saving a mission (no changes necessary) in the ME a shot. My best guess is this is a variation on the old "major update breaks missions from the ME" issue and it just needs the nudge.  

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, Penpalud56 said:

Hi,

i can’t change livery and weapons loadout no more in game since 2.7. I can’t select anything when I click on the two relevant boxes. No particular issue when I’m in the mission editor, the problem just appears in game.
is this a known bug of 2.7 pending a patch ?

thanks

Do you use any mods? i´m asking this because i did have this issue and was caused by CFT Mod for the Viper (although the mod is updated now).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I fixed the re-arm problem by using the cleanup command and afterward using the full slow repair option. When I now use the re-arm option, it takes a few seconds until the loadout screen loads - but it finally works.

Before that, there was no delay when using the re-arm option and the loadout-screen loaded instantly. Maybe something didn't hook up right with the menu interface?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

On our multiplayer server we have had a problem where some users where not able to re-arm using the station drop down menus, this was experienced on the F16, F18, A10C aircraft.

The problem seemed to be quite random in who got the problem and who did not, in one case could get F16 and A10C station drop down menus, but not the menus on F18. Another had no problems with F18 and F16, but no menus on the A10C.

The saved preload menu, and liveries worked fine for all users, and the fuel load and counter measures seemed to work correctly. If the loadout that was loaded from the ME was reused used aircraft loaded correctly. The problem only seemed to be with trying to do a new loadout selecting the station drop down menus.