Cant get Reverb to work with 2.7

mia389

When I launch DCS I get stuck in between the game and I think its steam vr. My head tracking works but it I can see the steam  vr menu in back ground which fades in and out depending on lighting. Its very strange. Also DCS menu now moves with my headset making it impossible to click on the item on the right side of menu cause when I try to look at them the whole menu comes with me. 

I tried to delete saved games folder and reinstall steam vr. So far nothing has worked. 

Anyone have any other ideas?

Do you have a vr controller? I get that from time to time, and I need to turn on my G2 controller, interact with the SteamVR button (DO NOT interact with the WMR button, it forces closes DCS) to bring up the steamvr overlay in the headset, and then I select return to game. 

WMR button is the same button to turn on or off the controller, if using the right controller, the steamvr button is the right button. 

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Ive been working on this all day. I tried installing release version then came back to beta. Was also happening on release version. Elite Dangerous and MSFS2020 are working fine in VR. My controllers are off and have not tried them. I sure hope its that easy. I'm for trying anything at this point.

That did not work either...... This is soo frustrating. 

Well, Today I booted up pc and its doing it again. I give up! 6 hours messing around yesterday. I will stick to MSFS. So frustrating. Something with Steam VR because when I move my head I can see steam vr home in back ground. My other vr games do not depend on steam vr and I am guessing that is why I am not having problems with them. 

maybe it's an issue with the order of launching WMR and SteamVR?

On my rig if WMR is already running (right after the boot) and I launch "WMR for SteamVR" in Steam then tracking is all messed up, the picture moves with my head, etc etc. In order for it to work I  have to kill everything (WMR,) then launch "WMR for SteamVR" app in Steam, which in its turn launches WMR and then SteamVR.

For other people it was the other way around for some reason.

My point is try the different launch orders, it may be as simple as that. Maybe. 🙂

My order of launching that works for me every time with zero issues.

Power on G2 headset.

WMR opens automatically, close it back out.

Launch WMR for Steam VR.

(Steam and Steam VR launch as well as WMR for Steam VR).

Place headset on top of head.

Launch DCS from desktop shortcut.

DCS launches, lower headset over eyes and hit re-center button,.

Fly.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My order is as follow:

1.  Turn on Reverb G2

2.  WMR starts and states "Ready" on my desktop

3.  Put on Reverb G2

4.  Move your mouse around and you will see a "sleep symbol"...left click the mouse and you will see your desktop

5.  Start DCS