ATFLIR AUTO Question

raelias

I got some conflicting info onthe manual in regards to the auto (point track) mode, it references the INR AUTO mode which would in theory allow for slewing the ATFLIR and attemp the point track when done, very useful for quickly capturing another moving target

image.png

But, just below that, it informos that you cannot slew the pod in AUTO mode, which is true, so My question is, how do I enter INR AUTO for slewing, since pressing on the TDC will enter the offset mode, or is this a manual error? Thanks

unknown.png

• Like 1

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

15 minutes ago, Swiftwin9s said:

think INR AUTO is the mode the pod would be in when the AUTO track initialisation box is shown. Where it is not actually tracking anything, but it is attempting to acquire an AUTO track so will need to be INR stabilised.

Yes but the manual reads "The ATFLIR enters this mode when the pod is slewed while in AUTO mode.

Then just below it says the TDC cannot be moved in AUTO mode.

So which one is it?

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

4 hours ago, raelias said:

I got some conflicting info onthe manual in regards to the auto (point track) mode, it references the INR AUTO mode which would in theory allow for slewing the ATFLIR and attemp the point track when done, very useful for quickly capturing another moving target

image.png

But, just below that, it informos that you cannot slew the pod in AUTO mode, which is true, so My question is, how do I enter INR AUTO for slewing, since pressing on the TDC will enter the offset mode, or is this a manual error? Thanks

unknown.png

Perhaps referencing ‘auto’ mode for the pod vs ‘auto’ mode for bomb delivery where the pod would be caged to the bombing pipper?

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Perhaps referencing ‘auto’ mode for the pod vs ‘auto’ mode for bomb delivery where the pod would be caged to the bombing pipper?

I don't think so, this section of the manual is on ATFLIR tracking modes

8 minutes ago, raelias said:

I don't think so, this section of the manual is on ATFLIR tracking modes

I gotcha. Can you slew in ‘auto’?  Perhaps it means to say that you can’t when it’s actively tracking but you can once it enters INR (IE it loses an active track) so you can try to retrack the object?  I don’t know of a way to make it manually enter INR, it just does that to try to keep the pod in the right area when it becomes masked, loses a track, etc. 

I can't slew the pod in AUTO mode tracking or not tracking, unless there is a special combinations of hotas commands I'm not aware of, that's what I'm trying to determine on this thread

• Like 1

You cannot slew in AUTO, this is just an error in the wording of the manual.

Observe in game how AUTO INR is briefly entered on commanding AUTO, this is until the AUTO has time to acquire a track wherein it will switch to AUTO proper.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

11 minutes ago, NineLine said:

From our information both POINT and AUTO modes are non-actionable modes that do not allow slew, thanks.

Might wanna rewrite the manual then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coyle said:

Currently, (and only with the ATFLIR) you can SCS long to directly enter AUTO mode from INR. I wonder if this is what would activate the expanding box mechanic that isn't implemented yet?

I did see it already. Boxing vehicles and buildings. The box expanded. As far as whatever functionality goes with... I'm not that familiar with ATFLIR.

8 minutes ago, Gripes323 said:

I did see it already. Boxing vehicles and buildings. The box expanded. As far as whatever functionality goes with... I'm not that familiar with ATFLIR.

Are you able to expand on this? Under what conditions or steps were you able to bring out the capture box? Assuming we're talking about the same thing...

2 minutes ago, Coyle said:

Are you able to expand on this? Under what conditions or steps were you able to bring out the capture box? Assuming we're talking about the same thing...

Probably not, hehe.  I was simply talking about a long SCS toward FLIR to engage AUTO.  Once engaged, the bracket would grow as I was getting closer to the object.

I think I know what you're talking about now since you mentioned 'capture box'. I don't think we have that yet.

Said target box is shown here.

17 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Probably not, hehe.  I was simply talking about a long SCS toward FLIR to engage AUTO.  Once engaged, the bracket would grow as I was getting closer to the object.

I think I know what you're talking about now since you mentioned 'capture box'. I don't think we have that yet.

1 hour ago, Gripes323 said:

We have part of it. The AUTO bracket that expands with the target as you get closer. 

That's just the brackets adjusting to the relative size of the target. The expanding scan zone (the square) is missing (both symbology and logic)

• Like 1