WMD-7 bugs

Hornet_Driver

On 4/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, Hornet_Driver said:

1. It is very hard to slew TPOD while turning (not sure if this is a bug)

i know exactly what you mean and i dont know if its a bug either. jf-17 is the only module in DCS where TGP slewing behaves this way.

the problem appears to be that when you slew TGP, it rotates merely according to TDC input, instead of according to [ground stabilization + TDC input].

sometimes it happens that TGP is nicely locked onto target area and i need to slew it a tiny bit - yet, i can only move TGP in one direction, as for example TDC left moves it left quickly, TDC right moves it left slowly, due to this "bug" (before someone replies, no, it isnt a binding issue). reason being that ground stabilization requires rotation faster than TDC input can induce, but TDC movement replaces that stabilization, therefore you cant slew TGP in certain directions in such situations. extremely frustrating when attacking with laser-guided bombs.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I've been experiencing this since day one, the pod has to overcome the aircraft movement, so if you're too close to the target (too much transversal velocity) or too zoomed in (controls dampened too much) then you can't slew in the direction of travel. Same thing with rotation of the aircraft. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

Did you guys try tuning the WMD-7 sensitivity in the Specials menu?

Mine slews perfectly fine with it at 2x in the Special menu and at 50 with a 20 curve in the controls menu.

The sensitivity is not the problem, when the pod becomes ground stabilized, it should slew relative to the ground, not relative to the aircraft. 

Overpowering the adverse movement does not fix the issue. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Foogle said:

The sensitivity is not the problem, when the pod becomes ground stabilized, it should slew relative to the ground, not relative to the aircraft. 

Overpowering the adverse movement does not fix the issue. 

That's odd, aircraft movement doesn't affect slewing on my end.

I could be going 500kts, 90° to the right offset my target and my pod will slew left and right at the same rate as the other side.

I'm at work right now, but I'll make a video later showing my WMD slew and settings.

Edited by J20Stronk

11 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

That's odd, aircraft movement doesn't affect slewing on my end.

I could be going 500kts, 90° to the right offset my target and my pod will slew left and right at the same rate as the other side.

I'm at work right now, but I'll make a video later showing my WMD slew and settings.

Please do, I'll see if I can record the bug when I get home tonight. 

I have the same issues (maybe it's realistic?) that the TGP starts getting difficult to control sometimes and can even be with reversed controls too depending. I also have the bug of the actual camera of the pod looking the opposite direction to where it actually is. 

For example, flying West to East, with a target in the North. The 3D TGP model looks South!