Friendly Fire Bug

Is there anything I can do about the FF bug that I am doing wrong or something. I heard this bug happens whenever you change sides then when you take off the AI SAM launches at you. The problem is sometimes I get this bug as soon as I log in to a server and I make sure I not change sides at all and I still get shot at. I heard if you let the SAM kill u, u will be safe but next time I take off again and it still shooting at me and killing me multiple times. Is it goes maybe I chose RED several days ago and then log onto same server as BLUE and then the friendly SAM shooting at me? What can I do to avoid this bug or to have it stop? thanks

Thats a Multiplayer bug. Some SAMS shoot down friendlys as soon as you spawn. If you let them shoot you down sometimes they stop shooting you. However on the 44th theres one spawn point on one of the missions where if you're in an F-15 it will shoot you every time. The only solution for the pilot is to pick a different aircraft slot on a different airfield.

cheers

Subs

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

There was a working solution for me, when I saw friendly SAM trying to shoot me after respawn - I did ask to Tower a permittion to taxi, and then permission to take-off. After this SAMs stops their attempts to shoot me.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

There was a working solution for me, when I saw friendly SAM trying to shoot me after respawn - I did ask to Tower a permittion to taxi, and then permission to take-off. After this SAMs stops their attempts to shoot me.

heh. I can see some guy in the tower saying.. "Did I say he could take off? NO, DAMMIT I didn't! TAKE him out!!!!! :lol:

LMAO

tight discipline is everything :D

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

i havent been shot down by the SAM when taking off for the first time for quite a while now.

i fly the mig and usually fly very low (under 50m if i can manage rarely above 100m) unless i am engaging someone. :twisted:

so on takeoff i dont pull up to high alt. but stay low

the upshot of this is that i seem to be exiting the sam killzone without drawing a missile.

i cant reason why else i havent been shot by the FF bug for so long.

others can test this and see if it works for them.

i would be interested in finding out if this true or if i am just lucky.

and why do mig pilots take off on full burner???!!!!

i have tried to fly wing for migs online but i cant understand why they just kick in burners and leave it there :?

Rofl

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Rofl

Well, it weren't a joke actually. it's working solution, which I used. :)

Yes, I always ask to Tower a permission to take-off. And when I once forgot to do it, I was killed by friendly SAM.

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

i usually the method described above in online servers

(in the S77th ..... and 169th when my ping is good enuff :wink: )

i do believe this is an online bug only.

so this works

i can go as high as i want once ive cleared the immediate area around the home airfield.

i think the reason MiG pilots r running out of fuel is because they leave their ABs on all the time.

no need to stay low all the time

thats just me

I had heard of this solution before but it made no difference for me. The Recover and take the loss is the one that seems to do the trick. If you are really worried about your score then after doing this and quitting, Stop/Start your score goes back to zero and they dont shoot.

btw it seems to mainly happen when you change coalitions even if you havent flown yet. Although it can also happen without changing coalitions.