LTE in the Mi8

Has LTE been modelled or reported in the Mi8? 
The reason I ask is today in the SAR Server, I was returning with 11 pax, 3/4 fuel load. It was winter, -35 and I’m climbing through 3000m, at 120 knob, trying to keep the ground in view as a climbed up a mountain. At some point I lost sight of the ground and a tree loomed ahead, with more mountain behind it. I pulled in the remaining power and initiated a cyclic climb into IMC. Before I knew it, I had zeroed out on speed and I was still climbing at 3m per second. The heading indicator was rotating left, so I applied more right pedal, to the point, I’d reach the stops and I was still rotating to the left. All the de-icing was on, even reducing power to zero out the climb and enter a hover in IMC, I was still slowly rotating left. 

AFAIK "LTE" is not modelled in DCS's Mi-8. It will however weathercock when the tail is struck by a crosswind, etc.

This doesn't mean you can't runout of pedal authority in DCS, just that pedal authority is likely greater than the real.

AFAIK Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness due to

• vortices coming off the main rotor and striking the tail rotor

• tail rotor VRS

• tail rotor AoA reduction

... is not modelled in any current DCS helicopter.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 4/16/2021 at 11:08 PM, Rabies said:

Has LTE been modelled or reported in the Mi8? 
The reason I ask is today in the SAR Server, I was returning with 11 pax, 3/4 fuel load. It was winter, -35 and I’m climbing through 3000m, at 120 knob, trying to keep the ground in view as a climbed up a mountain. At some point I lost sight of the ground and a tree loomed ahead, with more mountain behind it. I pulled in the remaining power and initiated a cyclic climb into IMC. Before I knew it, I had zeroed out on speed and I was still climbing at 3m per second. The heading indicator was rotating left, so I applied more right pedal, to the point, I’d reach the stops and I was still rotating to the left. All the de-icing was on, even reducing power to zero out the climb and enter a hover in IMC, I was still slowly rotating left. 

Could you share a little more info on this SAR server? Sounds pretty interesting and was one of my favorite activities back in the days of Mirknir’s Open Conflict server, and would love to find another server to perform the SAR role. Thanks!

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind