Single AIM 120 Hardpoints

Wobbly

5 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Now, that the Amraams work, I have no plans to have any available pylons w/o them. Give me triple racks :devil:.

Arrgh... the RW books and rules and paragraphs (j/k)

🙂

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

On 4/17/2021 at 3:28 PM, FoxTwo said:

How about we finish the hornet we have before we start talking about variants from other countries that may or may not have adequate documentation to replicate accurately.

Why is this even a big deal?

I agree. I am on stable so haven't gotten 2.7 yet but, I would rather Ed spend their time fixing things that don't work correctly, than on options from airplane versions other than the one we have.

It would be an interesting technical challenge, if it was decided to emulate the non-USN configuration, that the suspension gear would depend on not just the store but also the country. DCS does not give us detailed control over the configuration of the airplane. We say "One MK82 on station 3, go!". We don't get to pick the pylon or suspension gear or the adapter or the fuel tank fill or the fuze or arming wire config or laser code or anything.

Giving users complete control over everything could certainly be overwhelming although to certain people very welcome. But perhaps exposing configuration to development would be beneficial without being confusing. If a developer wanted the suspension gear to be different for the same store but instead based on country, faction, year, external option (like countermeasures or MWS sensors), or camouflage pattern it would be good if that was available logic.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, falcon_120 said:

I love that low drag single 120 pylons swiss hornets have, it has to be awesome, IIRC those hornet are special ones with no foldable wings and allowed to 9g. Those things must be monsters in close air combat.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

No, it looks like their wings fold:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If I may,

Swiss hornet are not the standard Navy and Marines hornet, they are FA-18 EPE, I don't know if Marines and Navy finaly received this version, but Switzerland had option to do some homemade modification on the plane. So, yes, there's some difference between similar looking and aircraft. But yes, they have folding wing and the same landing gear for carrier operation, even if Switzerland don't need them (more info about Swiss hornet from official source here : https://www.vtg.admin.ch/en/einsatzmittel/luft/boeing-fa18-hornet.html

About the rack, because it's the main focus here, Switzerland develop a new rack for AMRAAM and Sparow to have better aerodynamic drag, this things has been design in switzerland and are only use by Switzerland. You can find information about it in the report about the Hornet selection in switzerland by Fernand Carrel

The Federal Aircraft Works (F+W) in Emmen (Switzerland) has therefore developed a low drag missile launcher with 45 percent lower aerodynamic drag than the LAU-115, which can also be used to carry a belly tank. The additional evaluation of Patuxent River is being used to assess the improvement in flight performance, in parallel with the improvement in performance resulting from the increased thrust engines (EPE version of the hornet)

You can find some picture of the prototype of this rack on the 2nd page of this link https://www.mc-one.ch/Documents/right stuff/dokuments/FA-18CD/F-18 Instructions32B.pdf

And if you want more information about Hornet In switzerland, you can find some info here too https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/switzerlands-hornet-upgrade-25-program-04471/

Edited by Funkybear

On 12/2/2022 at 7:53 AM, marcoacv said:
I hope the ED people analyze the video footage.

image.png

Not a Lot 20 Legacy Hornet.
There, Analyzed.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:53 AM, falcon_120 said:

I love that low drag single 120 pylons swiss hornets have, it has to be awesome, IIRC those hornet are special ones with no foldable wings and allowed to 9g. Those things must be monsters in close air combat.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Swiss F/A-18s have additional support structure in the wings, stronger retention mechanisms for fuel cells and gear, and stronger wing hinge, at the cost of 850ish lbs.

Another reason they developed the low drag pylon (as it's also lighter).

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 months later...

I see the excuse "not implemented on this version" used all the time on the forums. Really doesn't make sense when you have the Eurofighter by Heatblur being developed which is pulling features from various versions of the plane.

26 minutes ago, JWizzle said:

I see the excuse "not implemented on this version" used all the time on the forums. Really doesn't make sense when you have the Eurofighter by Heatblur being developed which is pulling features from various versions of the plane.

Apples and oranges. The U.S. Hornet manuals clearly don't have the single rail as an option. This isn't a case of using a feature from another version of the same aircraft to fill a gap, it literally cannot use it.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• ED Team

This thread has gone off topic and best closed

We are not planning single AIM-120 hardpoints 

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2