Roadmap this weekend?

zone 5

Yeah would be nice. The first post that came in the 2.7 post(which was later edited out) said a 'few' days. And then last Saturday they said again it would be another few days. And now Cobra said they are not comitting to an ETA but that they are targetting the end of next week. 

While I appreciate the communication, the repeated in a 'few days' statements make it a little frustrating.

Edited by Rinz1er
grammar
  • Like 2

Yeah would be nice. The first post that came in the 2.7 post(which was later edited out) said a 'few' days. And then last Saturday they said again it would be another few days. And now Cobra said they are not comitting to an ETA but that they are targetting the end of next week. 

While I appreciate the communication, the repeated in a 'few days' statements make it a little frustrating.
Would you rather they work on fixes that make your experience better now, or on a trailer that adds nothing to the gameplay, and delay aforementioned fixes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Would you rather they work on fixes that make your experience better now, or on a trailer that adds nothing to the gameplay, and delay aforementioned fixes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trailer 😂

• Like 1

If you have known Heatblur from the beginning, you know that they have never made a deadline...usually missing by months or even years, and that is okay.  It's the nature of the business and in all fairness, to be expected.  We all should let Heatblur do their thing in peace without added pressure or stress.  Their talent and quality is unmatched.  They have given us what is arguably the best flight simulation aircraft (Tomcat) ever...and from the sound of it, things are only going to get better.  

• Like 3

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

18 minutes ago, N0430BM said:

They have given us what is arguably the best flight simulation aircraft (Tomcat) ever...and from the sound of it, things are only going to get better.  

It can't get any better than Tomcat. Only the D model although 🤔

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, N0430BM said:

If you have known Heatblur from the beginning, you know that they have never made a deadline...usually missing by months or even years, and that is okay.  It's the nature of the business and in all fairness, to be expected.  We all should let Heatblur do their thing in peace without added pressure or stress.  Their talent and quality is unmatched.  They have given us what is arguably the best flight simulation aircraft (Tomcat) ever...and from the sound of it, things are only going to get better.  

True but you'd think they learn from their mistakes after the 10th time and stop giving these firm promises like "roadmap next week" or "out of EA by March" or even assuring the Forrestal by the end of 2019, while it's nowhere to be seen in 2021. It does get tiring after a while as a paying customer and long term supporter. 

• Like 6

Well I'm sure an easy solution is not making announcements till they are absolutely certain its the next day and explaining just how much extra work they've been doing so when there is a delay we understand that we are actually benefitting from it; for example yes Forrestal is hella delayed but just showing us a few pics of how much better the rework is would do alot in terms of goodwill and buy alot of extra time from all of us; who wouldn't want to wait for a much better free Forrestal?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zone 5 said:

Well I'm sure an easy solution is not making announcements till they are absolutely certain its the next day and explaining just how much extra work they've been doing so when there is a delay we understand that we are actually benefitting from it; for example yes Forrestal is hella delayed but just showing us a few pics of how much better the rework is would do alot in terms of goodwill and buy alot of extra time from all of us; who wouldn't want to wait for a much better free Forrestal?

I actually hope they have paused work on the Forrestal and A-6 AI for the time being...those will just be bonus nice to have extras in the end.  HB planned to have the Tomcat out of EA by the two year anniversary this past March, but there is a lot of work still to do on just the Tomcat alone without the extra stuff.  I am more interested in finally having a completed and correct B cockpit, updated/improved FM, an F-14 that works better with the Supercarrier, Jester LANTIRN capability, boring Jester setting, updated and fully complete manual (to include information on how to actually fly and operate the F-14 with proper procedures, etc), updated pilot body with HGU-55/68 helmet option, more liveries and last but not least...numerous bug fixes.

• Like 9

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

1 hour ago, N0430BM said:

I actually hope they have paused work on the Forrestal and A-6 AI for the time being...those will just be bonus nice to have extras in the end.  HB planned to have the Tomcat out of EA by the two year anniversary this past March, but there is a lot of work still to do on just the Tomcat alone without the extra stuff.  I am more interested in finally having a completed and correct B cockpit, updated/improved FM, an F-14 that works better with the Supercarrier, Jester LANTIRN capability, boring Jester setting, updated and fully complete manual (to include information on how to actually fly and operate the F-14 with proper procedures, etc), updated pilot body with HGU-55/68 helmet option, more liveries and last but not least...numerous bug fixes.

Completely agreed. There is still so much missing and to be fixed on the base 14, let alone the ALR45 equipped early -A model, which was supposed to arrive "not long after" and "later this winter". 

• Like 4

Yeah I feel like HB have learnt not to give deadlines for major projects (e.g. Jester Lantirn, the initial -A release), but not for more minor things (like the roadmap or the ALR-45). Eventually they'll get there, hopefully. On the bright side, things like showing the A-6 model in the 2.7 trailers mean that whatever it is they announce, is very likely to come at some point (minus the Draken 😞 who knows what happened to that). Things could definitely get better, but that's not the worst start all things considered.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Completely agreed. There is still so much missing and to be fixed on the base 14, let alone the ALR45 equipped early -A model, which was supposed to arrive "not long after" and "later this winter". 

Not really "early", more like earliER and only by a little. The Block 135s were built in the late 80s and feature wise is not far off where we are now. And the visual model has a lot of things that have to be redone for the A and B, not only to correct errors but add visual features currently missing. It's possible there are slowdowns there in order to just go back and do it once and do it right.

• Like 3

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Sorry - the intent was not to make the publishing of our roadmap to be a big event nor pin it to a specific timeline. Hence the moving of the goalpasts, my apologies. It was our mistake to brush off some of your very valid questions by pointing to the imminent publishing of our roadmap- it was not our intent to deflect some very poignant concerns about progress. 🙂

On a general note, publishing a dynamic roadmap is a step for us to (hopefully) offer much more transparency into planned features, changes and improvements. As we increase the size of our product portfolio - we need to improve our communication and visibility; that's part of our contract to you. My hope is also that it will make waiting for said improvements slightly more palatable between major patches. 🙂 

Our focus has been on the 2.7 patch in the last weeks - thus the delay. It's been an oddly stressful patchcycle with everything else that has been happening behind the scenes, and I look forward to sharing much more on where we are headed. It's only great things, but it means that we are as busy as ever and have to work very aggressively to hit our already delayed goals. 

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, jared9191 said:

Increase in product portfolio? Great words to hear from my favorite DCS Dev.  I will literally buy anything you guys make. 

AT-802 it is then for you I guess 😄 Or mybe a Colomban Cri-Cri^^

Alias in Discord: Mailman

5 hours ago, jared9191 said:

Increase in product portfolio? Great words to hear from my favorite DCS Dev.  I will literally buy anything you guys make. 

As soon as the current stuff is finished to a satisfactory and reasonable degree, sure. 😉

• Like 3