options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser

Hoirtel

Can anyone from ED (or anyone that knows) confirm if it recommended to delete this from the autoexec now we have 2.7. I had it as false before with oculus and true when I was using G2. As I understood it was a temp workaround for some VR issues which may well have been resolved now. Just looking to tidy up my DCS now 2.7 is here. Thanks

I don't have an answer for you, but I have tested 2.7 with and without...

Enabled = Stobing smoke in left eye, some lights only rendered in one eye.

Disabled = Some mountains, forests and buildings render differently in each eye.

Using Reverb G1, 60%/100% resolution, 60Hz/90Hz

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your update. My testing with a quest 2 is that enabled improves performance but heat blur renders in one eye. Also some river reflections render in one eye. Quest 2 doesn't seem to suffer with the varying eye terrain rendering issues that the G2 has (I had one and saw this first hand!), but enabled clearly improves performance for me. I had heard that this option was a WIP and was wondering if it had been written into 2.7 properly, but not heard anything about this yet.

It was never recommended by ED to be used since it was not fully functional.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

5 minutes ago, pimp said:

It was never recommended by ED to be used since it was not fully functional.

Yes I know, it was passed around when the G2 launched as it fixed the issue of terrain loading in differently in different eyes. I switched it to false when I went back to oculus, but just tried again in 2.7 and had a noticeable framerate improvement. Hopefully they can get any issues sorted and include it properly as it seems mostly beneficial at the moment. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Bumping this thread to see if anyone knows any updates about this. Can it still be used? It used to increase performance at little, at the expense of some glitches along with cockpit floodlights and heat blur being rendered in one eye. 

Since 2.7.11 it would seem all one-eye problems are gone but I'm not sure if it's fixed or just incorporated in properly.