Best+cheap Rudder pedal for use with TM Warthog?

Hey, Im just buying a TM Warthog but only now noticed that I wont have any rudder inputs on them as I used to have with my old X45.

As the hotas is expensive enough already, I dont want to spend too much money on a decent rudder input.

Do you guys have recommendations for a good price but also not bad quality? 🙂

I also just bought the MFS2020, if that helps.

Thanks!

Edited by Zoddom

well, i used the Thrustmaster T.Flight Pedal for nearly a year. for the Price they are not bad.

but now that i use my loved MFG Crosswind, i couln´d go back 🙂 they are just to awsome 🙂

if you can save some Money for good pedals i would considre you to check the Crosswinds out, Virpils are also very good.

Used the T.Flight pedals for about a year, just recently upgraded to virpils. The T.Flight ones are great for the price, and until you decide you want to splash out they'll work fine

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

Am 16.4.2021 um 16:37 schrieb crash test pilot:

Do you want to try helicopters? Then dont be cheap. Crosswinds are fantastic and sturdy. I got rid of my t.flights after some months and regretted wasting that money.

Ive never flown helicopters, but I am interested in the Mi-24P, but how "bad" can cheap pedals be compared to my previous experience of only having the finger rocker switch on the X45 throttle? 🙂

The TFRPs are very narrow, they gave me cramped legs even before i switched to a center-mounted stick. After that folding my legs around was nearly impossible, so i had to get rid of them. Recently i had the opprotunity to disassemble a set of logitech pedals, and found they were build so cheap, they had to break after a year. If you want something that lasts and dont want to buy new junk every year or so, get either ch pedals (not beatuful but build like a tank) or Crosswinds (fully customizeable in so many ways and also very sturdy) which are not cheap but worth everry penny.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Zoddom said:

Hey, Im just buying a TM Warthog but only now noticed that I wont have any rudder inputs on them as I used to have with my old X45.

As the hotas is expensive enough already, I dont want to spend too much money on a decent rudder input.

Thanks!

if you are based in the USA, you have VKB rudders for $215 on stock.
https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv
you won´t find anything better for less money.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

On 4/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Zoddom said:

Thanks!

It really depends on the budget you are willing to toss in. Crosswind, Virpil etc. are high quality rudder pedals, but they also quite expensive. Although a lot of

gents claim that Saitek Rudder Pedals are bad and cheap - my experience is quite different. I've got those Saitek pedals now for over 5 years and they do better

than its reputation. They are precise, yes they are, I have no spikes, no wobbling and they offer differential braking axis (left and right toe brakes). I use them

since more than 5 years on a daily basis and I'm happy with them. And most of all, they are not as narrow as CH pedals and therefore comfy...

Of course, if my budget would allow, I'd go for Virpil, Crosswind or a set of a bloody expensive Thrustmaster TRP Pendular Rudder pedal. But that's another story.

Cheers

Relative to your original question "best cheap rudder pedal" you have this options, bellow $200 - when find in normal stores (e.g. Mypilotstore) and not in scalpers hand.

Thrustmaster TFRP - Cessna 177 like, too narrow. No reason for buy unless find for low price <$100.

CH PRO Pedal - a bit more width, but still narrow. Vintage design, obsolete 1999 electronics (8 bits USB controller - 256 axis positions USB controllers).*

Logitech (ex-Saitek) G PRO Flight Rudder Pedals. Saitek "quality" inherited, no spare/replacement parts, so disposable out of warranty period.

Of the three CH is the most recommended, better sliding mechanics than the others, durable, easy serviceable - e.g. replace potmter (available in Digikey for ~$5).

* And if want is easy and cheap upgrade their USB controller for 10 bits (1024 axis positions) with ~$5 Arduino. Or buy ready to use upgrade from Rel4y (topic there).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Sokol1_br

Do you have the location for the upgrade from Rel4y?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .