Still no VR raindrops

Dave317

• ED Team

its already reported but is lower priority at the moment. 

We have more important issues to resolve first

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This must be the lowest of lows in priorities because this has been an issue for almost 3 years now. I hope the team can take a look at this in parallel with fixing the VR Clouds. @BIGNEWY or @NineLine, can you at least suggest it to the team on our behalf?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 1 month later...

I posted it in the objects bugs section, but maybe I should have better posted it here.

I accidentally discovered something today about the canopy droplets. Please check this out:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Visual bugs should usually be high in priority, because they are constantly reminding the customer that things are not correct but broken.

If a HUD would look detached in some planes, it would be first thing to be fixed.

If a stick wouldn't move when joystick is moved, or it would move in mirror manner, it would too be fixed in first patch.

Okay, one can simply disable the rain droplets and just ignore them, but so can one always hide the stick and throttle, or one can always fly in external view instead inside cockpit....

Some visual bugs are lower than others, like a switch clips with a landing gear lever when looked from a side, or button highlight texture rotates with the knob...

But those neither should be let to exist for years....

If a aircraft external texture has a problem, they usually get fixed ASAP. That is silly. As majority of time one doesn't look externally the plane.

If a aircraft startup process has too low voltage 5 seconds longer than should but startup works, it is a smaller problem than a visual bug on your face reminding you everytime when that effect should be there to be admired.

And small bugs are almost more important than major big ones, because when you get 1000 small cuts, it is worse than having 5 little bigger cuts, but it is the ratio that when they start to lower impression of the product quality.

And it is not nice to be a developer either and see in a to-do list the years old bugs (not wishes... But bugs) that never get touched as it keeps the to-do list long and "annoyingly frustrating as it never gets shorter".

ED should have own team that is meant to deal "paper cuts" only. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

@BIGNEWY is this fixed in the latest patch with the cloud fix?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Hello,

With this patch, Cloud give me a great VR flying experience, nearly perfect in my point if view.

Before this patch, i was able to get full Rain Droplets in VR ( Rift CV1 ) with Overcast 2 Rain setting

Flying in the rain was very well rendered.

Now, i have only droplets on the cockpit glass, but no more droplet falling down from the sky.

I tried the 3 cloud Overcast Rain preset but no chance...

I hope rain will came back ...

Edited by fab.13

• 3 weeks later...