Explosive weight vs explosive power in TNT math error in warheads.lua (2.5.6) carried over into 2.7?

PetRock

I'll tell you the exact proper approach...

Set up a mission that allows one aircraft to fly across the nose of another with specific angular velocity.  It will take more than one mission setup with different angular velocities.  Math will be required.  Vector math specifically...  It's pretty simple...  look it up.  When you exceed the angular velocity the missile seeker can track...  listen for tone change.  If the tone changes with less angular velocity than expected based on your PDF info...  Create a trk and submit.  If the tone changes at more velocity than expected based on your PDF info...  Create a trk file and submit.  If the tone changes at pretty close to the expected angular velocity...  Move on to your next issue.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

27 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Ive seen it working in SP. You could in the past test this by making the value in the lua for the kill_distance really big and it indeed worked. What you may have noticed is the fact that if the missile doesnt have a seeker lock the proxy fuze is disabled. So if you notch a missile at the last second, even if it flies within the kill distance it wont go off.

It wasn't notched  it was guiding but just didn't hit me.

3 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

Set up a mission that allows one aircraft to fly across the nose of another with specific angular velocity.  It will take more than one mission setup with different angular velocities.  Math will be required.  Vector math specifically...  It's pretty simple...  look it up.  When you exceed the angular velocity the missile seeker can track...  listen for tone change.  If the tone changes with less angular velocity than expected based on your PDF info...  Create a trk and submit.  If the tone changes at more velocity than expected based on your PDF info...  Create a trk file and submit.  If the tone changes at pretty close to the expected angular velocity...  Move on to your next issue.

the way proportional navigation functions makes this test not work

also it only would work for missiles that have SEAM, not all Sidewinders do though.

and the cage rates of SEAM vs in flight operations are different, so you need to test the missile while it is flying

Edited by Iron_physik
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

The problem is that these seeker limits dont matter on the rail. They only take effect when the missile is in flight already, which makes it significantly harder to measure

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• ED Team

Ok, this has went way off topic now.

I believe I answered everything from the original poster @PetRockif not, feel free to PM on the weapon stuff as far as what the code means.

As far as the encryption stuff, its been answered, you may not like that answer, but its all I have for you. 

If you see something odd happening in the game, then open a report.

If it works fine, and you are happy with it, but you still need to see the code, then I am not sure what to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png