P-51 bugs

Ru55ell

I fly in VR and have the flaps handle bound to a rotary dial on my HOTAS. Prior to the update it was all working perfectly, but since the update the flaps handle in the aircraft doesn't move but looking at the wing the flaps do move.

Also I have the open and close canopy bound but this binding is not working now. LShift+C and LCtrl+C work, and looking at the keybinds there are two entries for opening and closing the canopy (The keyboard entry which works, and the option to bind to a button which doesn't)

This is the same for both variants of the P-51

Similar issue with flap lever: it moves only full up or full down but flaps surfaces move all the intermediate steps.

The 2 carburetor air control levers as well: they move only full open or full closed.

For the canopy I had to re-assign a key.

I found in my P-51 that I had to map over again. Once that was done I found the power of the P-51 seems very low. I never got it above 150 except in a dive. I wonder if this has something to do with the propeller tech they put in the game.  

6 hours ago, Astralnut said:

I found in my P-51 that I had to map over again. Once that was done I found the power of the P-51 seems very low. I never got it above 150 except in a dive. I wonder if this has something to do with the propeller tech they put in the game.  

No, prop effects are only visual. Also, the plane performs as it did, so you might have set something wrong during your test flight (Game flight mode instead of simulation? Mixture to "emergency rich" instead of "run"?).

The only glaring issues right now are messed up animations of flap and carb levers in the cockpit, but these have been discussed in the P-51 section of the forum.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I tried both Stable and Open Beta since both got updated. At 55 inches of pressure and 2700 propeller setting I am only getting 150 to 170 airspeed and only 1000 feet / minute climb rate. This is really different than it used to be. I double checked all my mappings and the throttle position and all works like it is supposed to. The P47 I tested performs like I would expect. The P51 seems way to heavy or just under powered.

Just checked and your symptoms correspond to game flight mode being turned on. I don't know how Mustang performed in it in 2.5.6, but in 2.7 you've got to switch to simulation mode to get the full performance out of the airplane.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I uninstalled the mad and installed again to see if it was corrupted. I made a little video of the instruments so you can see the settings. One other thing that I am not sure if it is a change is the Starter switch has to be left on to have the engine run. It was not like that before it was a toggle. I wonder if the whole installation is perhaps corrupted. 

I posted this elsewhere......

2.7 Open Beta P51d and TF51d Realistic controller mappings are jacked up.

Right off I have warm and cold air intake axis mapped to my CH throttle quadrant. They show up in mapping and appear to work in mapping however since 2.7 they don't actually work or control the air intakes, same problem with mapping the canopy button neither the Keyboard combo and the joystick button that I have mapped to Canopy ... they simply do not work even though they show up as working in the control settings.

I think 2.7 broke a lot of stuff and It's obviously that 2.7 is not ready for prime time yet.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Astralnut said:

I feel stupid but found the problem, I forgot to turn the mags on. Dopey me. All is fine now. Thank you for the reply's.

WOW, how did you even start it with no mags?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU