Did Mav Space Stabilize make it in?

7 minutes ago, Foka said:

Well, you can check the patch notes to verify that.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

Sometimes they're not accurate, a few of the HB items actually got pulled despite making the patch notes.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

35 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Sometimes they're not accurate, a few of the HB items actually got pulled despite making the patch notes.

Indeed. 

Just wondering about others experiences with Maverick since the patch.

7 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

I can't get it to work with DMS forward long.....

you have to keep DMS forward pressed during slewing.

From the moment you release DMS, the seeker attempts lock.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 10 | i7 7700K @4800 | 32GB DDR3 | GTX 1070 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Yeah OK, further testing shows it is in. Although it’s not as ‘stabilised’ as I was expecting. The sensor image still drives forward at own ship ground speed I think, so it’s still a bit of a pain to TDC slew.

On the plus side, I’ve discovered that the MAV seeker can be slaved to the HMCS LOS. This works well and can be useful without relying on TGP. 

Hi 

it is space stabilized, not ground stabilized. It should move forward at the same rate as the aircraft.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

32 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

it is space stabilized, not ground stabilized. It should move forward at the same rate as the aircraft.

thanks

Yeah, makes sense now. 

Thanks. 

Hey All,

A question for the more experience pilots. 

I am trying to figure out when best to use this feature.  The view in the MAV window is not really clear enough really to accurately distinguish targets at any sort of range.  If the targets are not in the open I just as often I hit a tree or a building or a whatever.  With that in mind, moving in close enough to be of greater accuracy it kind of the removes a huge advantage of using the maverick in the first place, which is stand off.  I might as well do a guns attack.  Or in other words, sniping from a safe range or stabbing with a dagger.

How would you pick the circumstance to effectively use this feature? 

Why not just use the TGP, slave the maverick, and be incredibly accurate at maximum range or at just about any range?

Thanks in advance,

Caldera

DCS World:   P-51D A-10C ii  F/A-18C  Combined Arms F-5  F-16  AH-64

Caucasus   Persian Gulf   Normandy   Nevada

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

HOTAS:         VPC WarBRD Constellation CM3

You would use it for when you don't have a TGP, but also quick acquisition of targets out in the open, or multiples in proximity of each other for faster kill times. It has a speed advantage over using the TGP for designating targets.
No need to set a SPI or markpoint for each target in a scattered group, just throw down a markpoint in the middle for SPI using TGP, HUD, or JHMCS, even TAD if you've got the knack 🙂. Then china hat the mavs to SPI, stabilize to get easier locks, pick a target, and fire. Lather, rinse, repeat. In an urban area, heavy woods, or nearby obstruction the mav keeps sticking to, etc. do it the old fashioned way, or go to a laser mav if you have worse locking issues.  The advantage of space stabilize instead of ground stabilize is it's going to give you real time feedback on your closure rate. 
The A10C is like a Swiss Army knife, it has a lot of tools, but no one tool does everything for every situation.

• Like 1

When the target is a group of vehicles, and any individual vehicle is a valid target, there's no need to use the TGP.

Bring the wagon wheel over the target area, pick one out, lock and rifle.

When doing a shooters attack, the fighter to fighter brief will cover the target sorting.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 10 | i7 7700K @4800 | 32GB DDR3 | GTX 1070 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Typically, I seem to find myself sniping with the mavericks mostly at AAA or SAM's and using other weapons for groups etc... 

That is the wrong use for space stabilization for sure and that is more than likely my issue.  I just need more practice.

Caldera

• Like 1

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

I've always had hard time locking Mavericks with old method.  With space stabilization, I can lock targets reliably from max range.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 1

Does the stabilisation also work with the IR variant 65D ?

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Taz,

I just about always fire at max range using the TGP if I am targeting SAM's or AAA.  I should say close to max range.  I wait a few seconds to ensure that the missile in fact has adequate range if it has to maneuver.

Caldera