Can updates be stopped and re-started from same point?

Go to solution Solved by minimi66,

I've got pretty crap broadband where i live and was wondering if i had to stop the updater and then re-start it later (say night hours 12:00-06:00) when it tends to be faster, will it pick up from where i stopped it or re-start from the beginning?

I've never tested this to find out, am trying to d/l 2.7 currently. 47 GB....

I am erring on the side of thinking this probably isn't possible.....

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Updater used to pick up where it left in older versions, so I think that should still work. Check if you've got a  "_downloads" folder in your root DCS directory. Does it contain some files from your first updating attempt?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, minimi66 said:

I've got pretty crap broadband where i live and was wondering if i had to stop the updater and then re-start it later (say night hours 12:00-06:00) when it tends to be faster, will it pick up from where i stopped it or re-start from the beginning?

I've never tested this to find out, am trying to d/l 2.7 currently. 47 GB....

I am erring on the side of thinking this probably isn't possible.....

Thanks.

Yes, for me it worked fine. I had to pause downloads for system preparations, and was 3 times out of three able to resume downloading the update.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• Solution
8 minutes ago, TOViper said:

Yes, for me it worked fine. I had to pause downloads for system preparations, and was 3 times out of three able to resume downloading the update.

Ah, that's cool!  Thanks very much for the info!  Have a good one!

24 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Updater used to pick up where it left in older versions, so I think that should still work. Check if you've got a  "_downloads" folder in your root DCS directory. Does it contain some files from your first updating attempt?

Hi,

Yes it does, so i am pretty happy that all is good!!  The _downloads folder is there and growing steadily as the morning goes on!  So i think i'm golden!

Thanks for the response.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

4 hours ago, minimi66 said:

Ah, that's cool!  Thanks very much for the info!  Have a good one!

Hi,

Yes it does, so i am pretty happy that all is good!!  The _downloads folder is there and growing steadily as the morning goes on!  So i think i'm golden!

Thanks for the response.

Good luck with 2.7! 🤪

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1