[REPORTED] 2.7 bugs so far

gunterlund21

1.  When you pull down the helmet visor you no longer get a shaded view. Looks the same up or down.

2. In MP the other wingman does not see the Tpod attached to the aircraft. The Tpod looks suspended in space under the aircraft.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

En 15/4/2021 a las 8:28, gunterlund21 dijo:

2. In MP the other wingman does not see the Tpod attached to the aircraft. The Tpod looks suspended in space under the aircraft.

And with the ECM pod too. It occurs when you don't install de gun.

Other old bug is when an other player has the cannopy open, we see it closed. 

3. Can no longer change the APKWS laser code on the ground with L-SHIFT,L-ALT +1/2/3/4

4. LST doesn't seem to lock onto 3rd party lasers. I think this is an old bug? I can't lock onto lasers set by drones or other aircraft.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Savvy said:

3. Can no longer change the APKWS laser code on the ground with L-SHIFT,L-ALT +1/2/3/4

4. LST doesn't seem to lock onto 3rd party lasers. I think this is an old bug? I can't lock onto lasers set by drones or other aircraft.

I was able to use my LSS for another Harrier's laser, so it doesn't seem to be broken.

• Thanks 1

the thing with the LST is that you need to change the laser code prior to switching it on or right after you done it.

Example 1: you take off and switch to your personal laser code 1678 and activate LST, LST will track for 1678

Example 2: you take off, switch to LST, type in your personal laser code 1678, LST will track 1678

Example 3: during mission your buddy wants to lase for you, and asks you to switch to new Lasercode

you switch your lasercode to 1688, but your LST will still track for 1678.

What you need to do is:

- use the DMT switch in your Center Panel behind the Joystick, turn DMT/LST OFF

- Change Lasercode to 1688

- set DMT switch back to ON

- now LST should track the new Lasercode 1688

On 4/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, Wisky said:

the thing with the LST is that you need to change the laser code prior to switching it on or right after you done it.

Example 1: you take off and switch to your personal laser code 1678 and activate LST, LST will track for 1678

Example 2: you take off, switch to LST, type in your personal laser code 1678, LST will track 1678

Example 3: during mission your buddy wants to lase for you, and asks you to switch to new Lasercode

you switch your lasercode to 1688, but your LST will still track for 1678.

What you need to do is:

- use the DMT switch in your Center Panel behind the Joystick, turn DMT/LST OFF

- Change Lasercode to 1688

- set DMT switch back to ON

- now LST should track the new Lasercode 1688

Seems very dumb.   Is that how it works on the real aircraft??

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

5 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

Seems very dumb.   Is that how it works on the real aircraft??

No. It is a bug. The laser code should zero out on landing because weight on wheels switch, and after take-off you would need to enter a valid laser code or there is none.

If you do not enter the proper lase code, the LST mode is not available with SSS Aft but you will go straight to TV mode (only to that). 

And you can do the laser code entering by various methods, but it will be accepted and you do not need to be switching the DMT system Off and On.

The laser code 1111 is a valid laser code and it is most powerful one (and 1788 is the weakest) 

Edited by Fri13
  • Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, gunterlund21 said:

1.  When you pull down the helmet visor you no longer get a shaded view. Looks the same up or down.

Yes we also having the visor not working issue, it will be helpful if it is going to work again, as this is really useful for our displays especially when we watch the sun during a turn/formation switch.

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Maverick_NL:

Yes we also having the visor not working issue, it will be helpful if it is going to work again, as this is really useful for our displays especially when we watch the sun during a turn/formation switch.

visor has been removed on purpose

Am 8.5.2021 um 19:32 schrieb Maverick_NL:

i see it on Discord: RAZBAM is saying its not comming back indeed:

afbeelding.png

Thank God!!!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

So instead adding a color shaded filter with small up/down animation and blurry shaped edge when going up/down, they decided to remove it permanently? 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 5 months later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] 2.7 bugs so far
On 5/8/2021 at 5:46 PM, Wisky said:

visor has been removed on purpose

On 10/29/2021 at 2:20 AM, AlphaJuliet said:

First issue is not a bug ...

Alpha

In this case, can we please change the control assignments? They should reflect the current state of the module (DCS can already be confusing enough as it is.)

Screen_211030_155016.jpg

Cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

If zero effort is what we are aiming for here, then changing the control name to:

Helmet Visor (cosmetic only)/NVG  Toggle

would remove confusion and ambiguity for people who spend their time trying to learn the module instead of haunting the AV-8B N/A >Problems and Bugs forum, and only takes 15 keystrokes, which is as near zero effort as makes no difference. The single mention of the visor in what has thus far been released of the manual is:

visor.jpg

If we were aiming at zero effort there would be no Harrier, no new features, no bug fixing, and I wouldn't have been through the 800 posts of bug reports on the forums the last month to assess how accurate our internal bug tracker is.

So you will, i'm sure, understand that i'm not a big fan of that catchphrase.

The renaming of the control is a good idea, if you see more of them that would benefit from such an update, let me know.

Good night (CET),

Alpha Juliet.

10 hours ago, AlphaJuliet said:

If we were aiming at zero effort there would be no Harrier, no new features, no bug fixing, and I wouldn't have been through the 800 posts of bug reports on the forums the last month to assess how accurate our internal bug tracker is.

So you will, i'm sure, understand that i'm not a big fan of that catchphrase.

The renaming of the control is a good idea, if you see more of them that would benefit from such an update, let me know.

Good night (CET),

Alpha Juliet.

Sorry for the confusion - I wouldn't use the words 'zero effort' to characterize your efforts on the forums either, and I didn't. We are talking about a very specific issue here, and the way the developer has dealt with the issue thus far. You shouldn't take my words out of context.

I spent some time trying to figure out how to make the Harrier's visor work and see if there was something I was doing wrong. Afterwards I came to the forum to find out the feature couldn't be made to work properly so it had simply been removed, without any changes made to the control setup, or even an announcement by the developer on this forum that I could find (I don't frequent the Razbam discord, whatever and wherever that is). Razbam's representative simply labelled the non-working visor as Resolved and As Intended . It was only BigNewy who eventually stepped in to clarify that feature was being removed.

But since there is no way to learn that without searching the forum, I made a suggestion that to help clarify the situation to new users so they wouldn't have the same frustration and wasted time that I had. To be frank, the original response I got felt a lot like  "nah, it's fine as it is".

Honestly, the visor is a non-issue, which I almost certainly wouldn't use anyway. But I would definitely characterize the way the developer has dealt with it (at least from a customer's perspective) as zero effort.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, you and @myHelljumper have done a fantastic job on these forums and are easily, easily the best things to happen to the Razbam DCS forums since I joined here. Please keep up the great work. 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words.

I get what you mean, but know that I try to report even the smallest issues and bugs to iron out the Harrier the best we can.
Just know the we currrently have a lot (and i mean a LOT) of small bugs to fix, some easy some not so much, and they are affecting the gameplay more than the visor issue.
So, this bind will be renamed at some point when we will work on the missing or broken binds, but that's not a priority at the moment.

But don't worry we'll get there

Edited by AlphaJuliet
  • Like 1