F-16 Over G damage as of 2.7

Exorcet

On 4/16/2021 at 9:02 AM, SparxOne said:

I wonder how milsim pilots do it in this simulator (Do they use the Cat switch ?), like i said, it's so easy to go above those limits in a flinch without noticing

Entertainment joystick takes maybe 3 lbs of force to deflect fully. Real SSC takes something like 45lbs of force for full input. It's a lot harder to accidentally pull too hard.

On 4/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, Mover said:

If memory serves:

Bombs are 5.5Gs

Full tanks 6.5Gs

TGP 7.33Gs

Empty tanks 8.5Gs

Your memory serves you completely right. Values are absolutely correct. Would have been a surprise if not, right...?🤣

• ED Team

cleaned the thread, removed 1.15 violations. 

Please keep the discussion on DCS only.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/21/2021 at 5:33 PM, 104th_Blaze said:

I'm very surprised that I've shot well over 100 missiles since the patch and I've never experienced this issue.. and definitely a significant portion of those shots were under heavy Gs.

I had it happen on me once, straight ahead launch at angels 26 or so, full afterburner. Immediately on missile release the airframe shook and seconds later I started the death roll

11 hours ago, John McClane said:

I have also been experiencing this fairly often. Lose a wing while launching aim 120s. 

Apparently it's a bug introduced by 2.7. Aim-120 destroys wings when launching. And I don't think wing breaking off has anything to do with pulling high Gs. 

30 minutes ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

is desync i think. 
You can see the missile leave the wing but then it reverses ramming the wing a second later. 

Yeah could be. Desync also explains why missile still kills the bandit despite destroying your own wing.