Jagged edges (and possible solution)

I have the same issue with jagged edges. I’m running 3 monitors with bezel correction with nvidia surround. The weird part is I see it from the cockpit when looking over one wing but not over the other wing. 

• Minsky changed the title to Jagged edges (and possible solution)

Super frustrated with this, basically made game unplayable for me.. my monitor only has options for 1680x1050 then down to 1280x720 nothing in between I set aspect ratio to 16:9 as 16:10 is my native does nothing and reverts back to some weird number 1.77777778, I'm forced to use SSAA x2 and it kills my fps... and I've posted about this multiple times now on the ED discord with no response.. I really hope ED is taking this issue seriously as for me it's a game breaker (yes I know I can go back to stable 2.5) but you can't play with people with 2.7 open beta so that's not an option as well. 

2 hours ago, Veseroth said:

Super frustrated with this, basically made game unplayable for me.. my monitor only has options for 1680x1050 then down to 1280x720 nothing in between I set aspect ratio to 16:9 as 16:10 is my native does nothing and reverts back to some weird number 1.77777778

Try this:

\Saved Games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)\Config\options.lua

Open this file with any text editor (back it up first).

Find "width" and change it to 1600

Find "height" and change it to 900

Find "fullScreen" and change it to false

Find "aspect" and change it to 1.7777777777778

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

For what its worth to anyone i managed to fix this my end.

My situation, i use a Panasonic LCD TV native 1920x1080 but have to run 1824x1026 to get a full screen. (yeah i know)

Easy done through nvidia control panel.

I set DCS resolution to 1824x1016 and solves all the jagged edges issue.

"My situation, i use a Panasonic LCD TV native 1920x1080 but have to run 1824x1026 to get a full screen. (yeah i know)"

Sounds to me like you have a zoom or expand setting enabled on the TV.  Many of them have this...  Take a look.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

35 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

"My situation, i use a Panasonic LCD TV native 1920x1080 but have to run 1824x1026 to get a full screen. (yeah i know)"

Sounds to me like you have a zoom or expand setting enabled on the TV.  Many of them have this...  Take a look.

OMG!!    Thank you!!!   I found a setting called picture overscan, turned this off and now have native 1080 without issues. 

Legend!!   👍

• Like 1