Jagged edges (and possible solution)

EDIT: Until properly fixed by ED, you can solve this in two ways:

1. By setting SSAA to 2x (NOT 1.5). Expect a massive performance hit.

2. By changing your screen resolution and/or aspect ratio, as mentioned by CVS_Ondras in this post. Basically, you must avoid custom resolutions and "weird" aspect ratios with decimal numbers. 1920x1080/16:9, 2560x1440/16:9 and 3440x1440/21:9 are confirmed working. Most likely, this will be your monitor's native resolution, so you'll have to play in full screen.

Original post:

2.jpg

The picture speaks for itself.

It happens only when the new clouds are behind the object. My plane or AI - it doesn't matter.

Same (although less pronounced) issue inside the cockpit:

1.jpg

I have the 2060S with the latest drivers (466.11). Tried to change the in-game and NCP settings - no difference at all. No ReShade. No mods. Clean fxo.

Screenshot - Thu 15 Apr , 08_08_12.png

Edited by Minsky
Screens added
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

Try playing around with MSAA settings. I do not have this issue using MSAA X2. Make sure you've cleared any old metashaders from saved games, and you don't have any weird mods installed. It must be some setting causing this, or a mod. Here's a screenshot I took, no jagged lines. 

DCS_2021_04_14_21_44_50_543.jpg

- Hardware: i7 13700K || RTX 4090 || 64Gb DDR5 6000MT/s || 2Tb NVMe || 3440X1440 || Virpil Constellation Alpha Prime || Virpil Wrbrd Base || Virpil T-50CM3 || Winwing PTO 2 || Winwing MIP w/o UFC || Track IR

- Fixed Wing Modules: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-14, M-2000C, JF-17, AV-8B, F-5E, A-10CII, Flaming Cliffs.

- Rotary Wing Modules: UH-1H, AH-64D, SA342

- Terrains: Marianas, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

do you use nvidia control panel options to override some AA settings? I used to do that and it used to ruin my game. Don't remember which AA settings sorry

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I also had a non standard resolution, changed to a standard resolution but it didn't help. Turned on SSAA x2 and that fixed the problem...but it destroyed my frame rates..so that isn't possible. I can't believe all the people who aren't having this problem are all using SSAAx2...there must be some other reason that only some of us are having this issue

I don't have this, simply using MSAA

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

All right, I have figuered it out. It indeed is about resolution, but rather about the ratio, then the resolution itself. In another words if you have monitor with native resolution 16 / 10 you are screwed. If you have 16 / 9, you are good.

I have old small monitor with native resolution 1680 / 1050. I have switched to 1600 / 900 in game and miracle happened, see picture bellow. Well for me, it seems, the sulotion is to buy a new monitor ... 🙂... ehm finally after 18 years.

O.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.04.15 - 22.08.05.23.png

Edited by CVS_Ondras
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, CVS_Ondras said:

All right, I have figered it out. It indeed is about resolution, but rather about the ratio, then the resolution itself. In another words if you have monitor with native resolution 16 / 10 you are screwed. If you have 16 / 9, you are good.

That's good to know! I'm on 3840x1080 on 2 screens. Primary screen is messed up -even worse then yours, the secondary is OK. I'll try play around with the ratios.

42 minutes ago, CVS_Ondras said:

All right, I have figuered it out. It indeed is about resolution, but rather about the ratio, then the resolution itself. In another words if you have monitor with native resolution 16 / 10 you are screwed. If you have 16 / 9, you are good.

Yep, switching to my native resolution (2K 16/9) fixed it.

Hope they'll fix it for non-native resolutions as well. Playing in full screen sucks 😕 

Thanks for your solution man!

DCS 2021-04-15 23-56-42.jpg

Dima | My DCS uploads

Yeh It helps It seems like if the resolution Is "Broken" like 1366x768 the problem happens just moving to 1360x768 solved but add a black space at the end (Because If I put Fullscreen Everything became blurry)