MASSIVE fps drop after update to 2.7

17 minutes ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Gentlemen, I don’t know if you had a chance to notice, but the lightning in the game has been significantly improved. Terrain, cockpit everything now has more complex and realistic litning. It looks more like new MSFS2020. That’s why we’re paying such an expensive performance fee for this. I’ve lost my smooth experience flying low over the Syria map with my 3090 and HP Reverb. Hope new VR shaders when available for 2,7 will save us). BTW the Syria map itself has much more details in this version as well. But the performance drop is also visible even on Caucasus map. May be developers should leave an option to switch this new beautiful lightning off? 

Unfortunately, and despite calling it a beta, ED never roll back on any new "feature" regardless how catastrophic it is. 

I bet it will take weeks for this performance issues to be even acknowledge. They already moved it away from the front page to hide it in the bug section...

Edited by Charly314159
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Thanks for posting. If possible could you (and anyone else NOT having performance issues) give us a full comprehensive listing of all your settings please both in DCS plus in NVidia Control Panel?

What I would like to see come out of this thread is narrowing down either which settings, or which scenario's are causing the FPS hit. Not only could that help the rest to change the settings that have the most impact, but may also help ED narrow down if there's some code that can be optimized in a particular area too.

Will do tomorrow after work. I’ll take screenings and post here. If anything, with higher settings today, I actually gained. Saw consistent 42 FPS per eye over Syria. 

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

In testing none of our testers had performance issues, for me the same VR is super smooth and FPS is great.

Open beta is a public test branch so we can test on more machines in the public.

We will look into performance claims, but please 

Add a screenshot of your dcs settings

add your system spec

add your dcs log

add a short track replay showing fps loss, we can review it. 

thanks

threads merged

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

10 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

- Fixed -

What? How? 🤪

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• ED Team

Ive just been speaking to a user who has a GTX 960m who is getting better frames in 2.7 than 2.5. so I am getting feedback from both ends of the spectrum 🙂

If you are having problems please ensure you have removed all unofficial mods, including shader mods, run a full cleanup and slow repair or verify if steam 

make sure windows 10 is up to date and you have the latest display drivers

check and re apply your nvidia settings, ( I had an issue once after a windows update with settings not applying correctly )

Rename your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a back ) 

run dcs login and redo settings

• Thanks 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Cmptohocah said:

Well I guess that's it for me and DCS. No more Win7 and FPS drops - we had a good time over the years. 😕

Windows 7 is a unsupported operating system, we had to move on, it was holding the sim back. But I hope you continue to use 2.5.6 or can join us in 2.7 eventually. 

thanks

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

In testing none of our testers had performance issues, for me the same VR is super smooth and FPS is great.

Open beta is a public test branch so we can test on more machines in the public.

add your system spec

add your dcs log

thanks

threads merged

To be fair BN I have seen and tried your VR settings and you are accepting significant reduction in visual quality to achieve your "Super smooth" 90 FPS. 

As you can see from my signature I have a fairly powerful system and using the settings I settled upon in 2.5 has caused a significant drop in performance in 2.7.  No disrespect intended but with your settings I think the game looks and feels awful.

However, just in case I have an issue lurking that I have added my DCS log for you to have a look at.

dcs.log

Edited by Specter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

2 hours ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Gentlemen, I don’t know if you had a chance to notice, but the lightning in the game has been significantly improved. Terrain, cockpit everything now has more complex and realistic litning. It looks more like new MSFS2020. That’s why we’re paying such an expensive performance fee for this. I’ve lost my smooth experience flying low over the Syria map with my 3090 and HP Reverb. Hope new VR shaders when available for 2,7 will save us). BTW the Syria map itself has much more details in this version as well. But the performance drop is also visible even on Caucasus map. May be developers should leave an option to switch this new beautiful lightning off? 

The problem personally for me, Максим Сергеевич, is the FPS dips and terrible stutters. I have all the same settings for 2.7 as before but rotating my head in the cockpit now causes freezes now and then. Will try to play with settings and see which one is affecting me. 

• Like 1

17 минут назад, Rmnsvn сказал:

The problem personally for me, Максим Сергеевич, is the FPS dips and terrible stutters. I have all the same settings for 2.7 as before but rotating my head in the cockpit now causes freezes now and then. Will try to play with settings and see which one is affecting me. 

Рома, you can try everything but there is nothing specific in your settings causing this. Its just total performance loss. So you just need to lower your previous settings, which were perfectly working for you in 2.6. My settings, which I've been somewhat happily settled with, in 2.6, became not suitable for the low level flying over cities in 2,7. But the lightning is great, but the price is so high)) I can't afford it even with my GTX3090 and AMD5900X )))

P.S. Glad seeing you here my friend)!

Edited by Maksim Savelev
  • Like 1

1 минуту назад, Dovivan сказал:

This is it.. im Back on 160-170 FPS.   Thx man.

Цитата

Rename your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a back ) 

run dcs login and redo settings

Alternative way of redoing metsahaders 🙂

Edited by Zhivuchiy

2 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

What? How? 🤪

Haha, I had to repair the install, and indeed it improved my framerate on Caucasus as well. The other maps were great from the start, but it was Caucasus that could cause small jitters, that is mostly gone now. I guess the little that remains, has to do with the optimisation of the map 😎

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im so scared to upgrade now.....only have rx570 and i dont have 30fps to lose..... on fairly low settings i get a solid 40-60 fps @1080p which is still playable to me.....   i take it we can roll back to 2.5.6 if i find issues ? 

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

2 minutes ago, Droning_On said:

Im so scared to upgrade now.....only have rx570 and i dont have 30fps to lose..... on fairly low settings i get a solid 40-60 fps @1080p which is still playable to me.....   i take it we can roll back to 2.5.6 if i find issues ? 

You can if you only play single player.  Most MP servers will upgrade and you won't be able to join them unless running the same version.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

6 minutes ago, Droning_On said:

You can always roll back to a previous specific version. Don´t worry, update it 😉

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

5600x 6900xt Red Devil 64 gigs ram. Clouds on ultra in VR G2. works beautifully. Looks amazing. No stutter, nothing.

Only thing I'm missing are my green and blue pointers from my hand controllers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I noticed that the green and blue pointers have gone.... Nice nomex glove though 😉

Sinclair ZX81 - 1K RAM - 16K Wobbly Ram Pack - Tape Drive - Kempston Joystick :helpsmilie:

1 hour ago, Rmnsvn said:

Deleting the Saved Games folder worked for me. All the stutters are gone. Note, that it was not sufficient for me to delet FXO and Metashaders folders, apparently some old setting was causing conflict.

Please do exactly this if you encounter performance problems.

You do not have to delete the folder but you can rename it for testing purposes.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

5600x 6900xt Red Devil 64 gigs ram. Clouds on ultra in VR G2. works beautifully. Looks amazing. No stutter, nothing.

Only thing I'm missing are my green and blue pointers from my hand controllers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty much the same setup except a 5800x. With 2.7 lost the smoothness I had before. Curious as to what settings you have at the moment in Steam VR (%) and PD in DCS, as well as the other settings.

16 hours ago, Kenan said:

Good thing I checked this thread before updating..will stick to the previous version until the performance drop has been...addressed.

It's not affecting the majority from what I can gather and I don't have a monster machine. Why not try for yourself.

5 hours ago, Specter said:

To be fair BN I have seen and tried your VR settings and you are accepting significant reduction in visual quality to achieve your "Super smooth" 90 FPS. 

As you can see from my signature I have a fairly powerful system and using the settings I settled upon in 2.5 has caused a significant drop in performance in 2.7.  No disrespect intended but with your settings I think the game looks and feels awful.

However, just in case I have an issue lurking that I have added my DCS log for you to have a look at.

dcs.log 40.4 kB · 0 downloads

Totally agree, I could never accept BN settings for a daily use, and I am running a G2+3090 as well + 9900k@5.2 ghz etc etc etc,

With 2.5.6. and latest nvidia drivers I noticed a huge improve in fps , basically running almost all on ultra , msaa 4x, and it was buttey smooth.

Tried 2.7 yesterday and what I really notice is not fps reduction but rather timeframe increase (been momitoring with fpsVR) to about 20-22 ms which results in a jittery and stuttering while observing the terrain whilst flying.

• Like 2

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

add your system spec

add your dcs log

thanks

threads merged

Track replay will prove you nothing, I'm comparing old version with new version. It's not like I have fps drops during a flight. It's overall fps decrease.

System spec:

i5-3570k @4.5GHz, GTX970, 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz, 1440p 16:9 display, SSD SATA 6Gb/s.

~30% fps decrease consistent between all modules.

Log is attached, you have graphic settings there.

No mods.

Btw, I installed newest Nvidia drivers (gaming, not studio version). Got 1-2fps less and longer loadings than with old ones. Hilarious.

Win 10 64bit up to date as I know (cannot turn off updates)

dcs.log

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.