Operation Pontus 2.7.0 Update & Upcoming Campaign Upgrade

Operation Pontus 2.7.0 DCS Update & Upcoming Campaign Upgrade

Hey guys, 

With the arrival of the great 2.7.0 DCS update, we took the opportunity to update the campaign and plan an Upgrade that should be available soon.

The latest additions were:

• Updated weather conditions (clouds)
  • Added new weather conditions mission variant
  • Added extra field in Campaign Progress Code to connect with new computations
  • Current strike target info and mark in F10 map, is now available after entering campaign Progress Code too
  • Tweaked friendly AI groups behavior
  • Corrected typos

The fields of the Campaign Progress Code are now 6 to add more variety in the dynamic aspect of the campaign.

For those of you that already have a 5x digit code and would like to continue your progress, please insert "ALPHA" in the 6th field. 

Your optional strike target that you receive information every time you end a mission, is now also available while flying (F10 Map). 

After entering your Campaign Progress Code, you will be able to see it in the F10 map with a mark and a unit (Infantry). 

As far for the campaign's upgrade, we are working on improving the UX of the campaign and the friendly & enemy AI interaction.

The upcoming upgrade will include: 

- Displaying Campaign Score message

- Friendly AI package new ground attack triggers logic to avoid low flying

- Tweak of Enemy Air to Air threats (types, spawning times)

- Special strike targets  (SAM sites, Factories, Warehouses, Naval targets etc)  

and some more still WIP

There is an updated video guideline mentioning the latest changes:

2.png

1.png

3.png

4.png

Thanks 

Greg

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

One great addition would be to see the battlefront, one of the nice features of the Liberation campaign is that you can see your progress as the battlefront moves back and also helps to plan your own missions. Currently it is hard to see what progress you are making and what areas you should be targeting. Just a thought

• Like 1

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

2 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

One great addition would be to see the battlefront, one of the nice features of the Liberation campaign is that you can see your progress as the battlefront moves back and also helps to plan your own missions. Currently it is hard to see what progress you are making and what areas you should be targeting. Just a thought

Hey, thanks for your feedback. You actually can.

The mission's briefing page is updated once you insert your code and you can see the new picture of the battlefront 😉

The area that you are targetting is mentioned too and is shown in the briefing's picture and the F10 map by a mark. 

We shall use the new "picture to all" trigger though now to show it better.

Greg

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

Thx for your reply, I think you mentioned elsewhere that scores will now be shown for strikes in a future update, I ensure that the main strike target is hit on every mission, but it is a bit disheartening to be told on your return that the mission was not a success and you need to do better; most of the time I also hit several other units as well, mostly Shilka or tanks. Hence the observation that you don't feel part of the battle /war. What is shown on the F10 map is rather sparse (mostly SAM sites) and the units are spread over a large area, so without having dots on they are very hard to spot. I really like the concept of this campaign and bought it day 1, I know that you will continue to make it better, I understand the limitations of DCS editor so know that it is not easy to implement what we believe should be easy. Keep up the good work. 

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

HI All,

Has anyone had a problem with the debrief after the mission following 2.7 upgrade. I skipped the first mission after 1st engine start up. XO starts talking but message is clipped and I can only see the heading. I also get a crash message?

Thank for what looks like a great campaign 

10 hours ago, Grubenstein said:

HI All,

Has anyone had a problem with the debrief after the mission following 2.7 upgrade. I skipped the first mission after 1st engine start up. XO starts talking but message is clipped and I can only see the heading. I also get a crash message?

Thank for what looks like a great campaign 

Hey thanks for your purchase, it seems that something bugged the skip mission feature. We are already working on a fix that will be out in the next update. 

You can use the coordinates and the code shown in the pictures below.😉 Thank you for the heads up. 

Kind regards 373VFs_Petritis

Screen_210324_201800.png

Screen_210324_201911.png

On 4/19/2021 at 10:15 AM, hreich said:

Question about LL coordinates shown in briefing window - can i enter them directly to UFC or do i need to convert them first? 

IIRC these coordinates don't need to be converted, however I would suggest to just use GRID [MGRS] instead - no need to worry about conversion, and even if you have never used it before it's pretty self explanatory and a breeze compared to lat/long:
1. Hit GRID on UFCP - watch GRID DDI page pop up on right DDI
2. make sure you're on correct GZD [38T in example - '38' is displayed above/below the actual grid symbology on DDI] you can move the displayed GZD towards N/E/S/W with corresponding pushbuttons if necessary, it will start out with whatever you overfly upon first pressing GRID in center.
3. enter all following number values [01337 92812] in UFCP at once, hit enter once done - numbers correspond to lat/long positioning within that 100km GRID and each digit increases precision.
4. enter altitude as usual.

Either way coordinates given are *precise* so you wanna make sure you set up your jet accordingly - and obviously make sure your general DCS coordinates display is set up accordingly as well. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...