Over the top russian accent

So... I gotta ask, is the "jester" ai for the hind going to have a Russian accent or no? If you ask me, he probably shouldn't, but if he does, make sure it's over the top. 

(Not a serious suggestion)

Edited by WelshZeCorgi
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like (based on the last newsletter) that the voice actor will be a Russian, and he'll do it in both languages - so he will most likely have a Russian accent.

...we are planning to use two different Russian voices for each seat in the helicopter. Both gentlemen are former operational military pilots and will deliver English and Russian versions.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Unless I am very much mistaken, Russian DCS pilots don't have a russian language option for Jester so I feel lucky that I have the option of listening to Petrovich in English.  If he has an "accent" who cares?  If I drive an hour in my native english speaking country the locals have an accent too.  |Everyone has an accent.   

The HIND module is based on a russian designed, built and fielded helicopter.  The software was most likely written by Russians.  I imagine a large number russian DCS players will be purchasing the HIND module.  Of course Petrovich should be speaking Russian.  If the devs go to the trouble of adding a second language option for english speakers I am only going to be grateful.  The "accent" should be "over the top" (?!)  I can't begin to understand why that makes sense.

What exactly is the point of this thread? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it should just be whatever accent is natural to them thats it.

we dont need this to be another homage to someone's childhood idea of what russians ought to sound like

• Like 1

welcome to dcs forums 2021. this thread contains someone who should go back to *rma 3.