Over the top russian accent

WelshZeCorgi

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like (based on the last newsletter) that the voice actor will be a Russian, and he'll do it in both languages - so he will most likely have a Russian accent.

...we are planning to use two different Russian voices for each seat in the helicopter. Both gentlemen are former operational military pilots and will deliver English and Russian versions.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

34 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

It looks like (based on the last newsletter) that the voice actor will be a Russian, and he'll do it in both languages - so he most likely will have a Russian accent.

Even better, 2 actors, with 2 different Russian accents!

I wonder if the commander will have a name too, since he's getting his own VA.

• Like 2

Unless I am very much mistaken, Russian DCS pilots don't have a russian language option for Jester so I feel lucky that I have the option of listening to Petrovich in English.  If he has an "accent" who cares?  If I drive an hour in my native english speaking country the locals have an accent too.  |Everyone has an accent.   

The HIND module is based on a russian designed, built and fielded helicopter.  The software was most likely written by Russians.  I imagine a large number russian DCS players will be purchasing the HIND module.  Of course Petrovich should be speaking Russian.  If the devs go to the trouble of adding a second language option for english speakers I am only going to be grateful.  The "accent" should be "over the top" (?!)  I can't begin to understand why that makes sense.

What exactly is the point of this thread? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would be epic for the immersion if he talked English with a Russian accent, and started swearing in Russian when things go wrong (or when guiding a missile or something else that requires too much attention from him to speak a non-native language). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 5:47 PM, probad said:

it should just be whatever accent is natural to them thats it.

we dont need this to be another homage to someone's childhood idea of what russians ought to sound like

If we must pay homage to anyone I have a great candidate. Igor Sikorsky. 

• Like 2