DCS 2.7 appreciation thread.

Mizzy

I am sure many of us appreciate the vast improvement 2.7 has brought to DCS. Fly around and notice amazing differences, bring your screenshots of things you have noticed and keep your negativity to other threads !! If anyone noticed, the shimmer on the lake water had gone and replaced with a nice soft shadow. There's loads of stuff in 2.7 to watch out for. I have waited many years for this and I am not disappointed !!

Mizzy

Screen_210414_201556.jpg

Screen_210414_201642.jpg

Screen_210414_202505.jpg

Screen_210414_201515.jpg

Edited by Mizzy
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Mizzy said:

There's loads of stuff in 2.7 to watch out for. I have waited many years for this and I am not disappointed !!

All the years (7 years here) for the improved clouds has reserved its purpose and meaning.

Just got fresh installations done aside of the previous 2.5.6 version (in case if required) and after couple hours I am ready to delete the previous version.

Flying got depth, the feeling how you now can speed upward when you have clouds below and above you in multiple layers is amazing.

The tactics got better multifold. The requirement to fly to get the opening from altitude between the clouds is as expected - a amazing experience.

The lighting changes for the terrain by clouds shadows is just marvelous.

And this is just a begin for a completely new DCS World! We just received something that is not just an eye candy as many said clouds to be, but actually about navigation and tactical engagements multiplier. 

I have just got to try just three profiles for clouds, and can't wait to get to test them all! And then even get the editor for them!

Flying at 12'clock at mid day has never been so visually beautiful and interesting. 

• Like 5

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I was so excited to get up into the clouds I ended up having to hit the spin recovery switch for the first time.  

And I've been super looking forward to ATFLIR.  Well done ED.

Edit: Forgot to mention it saved my butt too, I had zero flight control authority, and I tried believe me.  Really appreciate the effort you guys put into this masterpiece!  👍🤘

Edited by DiscoVolante
  • Like 2

Yeah...  Great work...  VR user here and I'm stoked ladies and gents :).

• Like 3

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Also VR user here... great performance improvements... You buckle up and just can't stop saying "was this like this before, omg... beautiful..." for anything you point your eyes at...
Simply amazing...

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Aries:

Also VR user here... great performance improvements... You buckle up and just can't stop saying "was this like this before, omg... beautiful..." for anything you point your eyes at...
Simply amazing...

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

Also a VR user and during my quick tests yesterday I also noticed that the performance seems to have increased significantly. Guess we have to reevaluate now which settings can be set to higher values for an increased "wow" effect 😉

• Like 2

Yeah, performance in VR is now through the roof. Well at least in my case, I am using a very powerful graphics card though so maybe more in-engine calculations are now offloaded to the graphics card. (RTX 3090) 

One little nitpick is the clouds "judder" issue when using VR, but my brain is already used to it, and they will fix it soon, and also the quality of the clouds setting seems to do very little on the quality of the clouds in the game itself. Maybe it's a 2d vs VR thing, they still look 1000% better than the old ones. 

Thank you Eagle Dynamics, all I want to do is fly now, and explore the maps, will probably spend hours just flying around the different airfields in Syria using the different presets. 

• Like 4

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

As someone who is often critical of DCS and ED's way of doing things, I still wish to give credit where credit is due.

This is an impressive update across the entire board.Lots of improvements in many areas. Well done ED! Thank you

very much for the big work you put into this!

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 2

Wanted to share @Growling Sidewinders Video 👍

The New Era of Combat Flight Sim - DCS 2.7 Update New Clouds.

BEAUTIFUL!

COMPARISON APPROX TEN YEARS AGO.......

Edited by WRAITH
  • Like 2

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

The clouds are definitely game changers, and not just from a purely "cosmetic" perspective. They are now synched in multiplayer and so they affect line of sight. This affects combat tactics DIRECTLY, and I cannot stress this enough. Once they start to affect other sensors such as radar and heat signature, lasers etc. this impact will be even more meaningful. 

So once again KUDOS to Eagle Dynamics for finally realizing and implementing this very important part of combat and combat simulation. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 5

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Syria map has more fps with clouds than before 2.7 without them. I don't know how such amount of voxels isn't killing our gpus. Still smooth in 4k with 2080 card.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The clouds are definitely game changers, and not just from a purely "cosmetic" perspective. They are now synched in multiplayer and so they affect line of sight. This affects combat tactics DIRECTLY, and I cannot stress this enough. Once they start to affect other sensors such as radar and heat signature, lasers etc. this impact will be even more meaningful. 

So once again KUDOS to Eagle Dynamics for finally realizing and implementing this very important part of combat and combat simulation. 

As for now, they are not affecting AI line of sight yet. Players only.

• Like 2

...10 years with dcs...

42 minutes ago, normanleto said:

Syria map has more fps with clouds than before 2.7 without them. I don't know how such amount of voxels isn't killing our gpus. Still smooth in 4k with 2080 card.

As for now, they are not affecting AI line of sight yet. Players only.

Yes I am aware of that. They will be affecting AI though in the future, in addition to player sensors as well. (to an extent depending on the sensor I guess)

• Like 2

My first screen shot of 2.7 .... beautiful

image.png

Unfortunately for me, I haven't had a real chance to put on VR and experience this for any length of time.  Looking forward to the opportunity.  Thanks ED!!

• Like 4

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

46 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

My first screen shot of 2.7 .... beautiful

image.png

Unfortunately for me, I haven't had a real chance to put on VR and experience this for any length of time.  Looking forward to the opportunity.  Thanks ED!!

Awh love that one, not sure what they did to the lighting but it's amazing the colours. You can even play at mid day LOL

Any WWII players? Since WWII planes had no radar, I bet using clouds for cover is a real challenge.

13 hours ago, DD_fruitbat said:

F16 tooling around,

d53DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

42DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

ec8DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

5b3DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

caDigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

970DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

302DigitalCombatSimulat.jpg

The new clouds are simply fantastic.

WOW that first one is beautiful !!

• Like 1

• ED Team
14 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I am sure many of us appreciate the vast improvement 2.7 has brought to DCS. Fly around and notice amazing differences, bring your screenshots of things you have noticed and keep your negativity to other threads !! If anyone noticed, the shimmer on the lake water had gone and replaced with a nice soft shadow. There's loads of stuff in 2.7 to watch out for. I have waited many years for this and I am not disappointed !!

Mizzy

Hi Mizzy,

thank you for the kind words we are pleased you are enjoying DCS2.7, we hope you enjoy it with us for many more years to come, we have big plans for the future and it will keep getting better. 

and to everyone else who have given us feedback and appreciations thank you for your passion and support. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 hours ago, foxonefoxtwo said:

How does one get a F104 in DCS? Awesome screenshots btw.

If you look in the 'Mods and Apps' sub forum and search VSN, it will lead you to where you can get the F104. VSN are going to improve the model which is already very good. Also for Liveries, look at Jocko's bare metal skins, one of them is the famous one from the TV series 'Star Trek' episode called 'Tomorrow is yesterday'. Beautiful skin job from Jocko.

13 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

Maybe Mizzy is a time traveler.

Mizzy, do you have any stock tips?

Not sure what you mean by stock tips ? Sorry

• Like 2