Authorization fail after update to 2.7

Faelwolf

After updating to 2.7 I get failed authorization on the Supercarrier, FA-18C, and A10C-II.  Everything worked perfectly fine before the update. I have resynced my clock (twice), run  the file verification, and verified that I am still showing the modules as active on the ED website.  My older modules verified just fine, it's only these three that are failing. Interestingly enough, the three that no longer use a serial number.  Module manager is showing I need to purchase those modules, which I did years ago. There is no error code, just the 23:59:59 countdown timer and the list of failed activations.

I am also having the same issue, just with different modules.

Post the update to 2.7 I see the following in my log:

2021-04-14 21:37:41.850 INFO    NET: Login success.
2021-04-14 21:37:42.703 INFO    NET: Got auth data.
2021-04-14 21:37:43.037 INFO    DCS: Successfully got authorization data.
2021-04-14 21:37:43.045 INFO    Dispatcher: Loading installed modules...

2021-04-14 21:37:52.305 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'F-15C': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'

2021-04-14 21:37:53.742 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'MiG-29 Fulcrum by Eagle Dynamics': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'
2021-04-14 21:37:53.781 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Su-27 Flanker by Eagle Dynamics': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'
2021-04-14 21:37:53.782 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Su-33 Flanker by Eagle Dynamics': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'
2021-04-14 21:37:53.802 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Nevada': not authorized
2021-04-14 21:37:53.802 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'PersianGulf': disabled by user
2021-04-14 21:37:53.803 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Syria': not authorized
2021-04-14 21:37:54.065 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'A-10A by Eagle Dynamics': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'
2021-04-14 21:37:54.081 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Su-25A by Eagle Dynamics': disabled by 'Flaming Cliffs by Eagle Dynamics'

(I disabled Persian Gulf and relaunched, then enabled it and relaunched to see if that would kickstart DCS. No bueno) 😞

I did want to add that I do have plenty of successful authorizations - so its not a problem with clock, etc... All of my other modules work great. Just these modules (listed above) do not.

TJ

Edited by Tj1376

Same here, before update all was well, after update no authorization. I did a test, can't launch those three, so the 3 day timer is likely for the others, indicating a total authorization failure.

Edited by Faelwolf
Add additional info

I used  DCS' cleanup and repair commands on windows powershell and now redownloading the modules with the authorization error. 

Finished redownloading the modules with the  authorization error before and now it's working fine. yay!

Edited by cm2

I'm doing something similar. Re-ran the validater, checked the box for any extra files. It found some, but when i deleted them, apparently it also deleted all my modules and maps.  But no more authentication error, and the module manager is now recognizing all my valid modules and is re-installing everything. Looks like that will fix it, at least it's a lot of progress.

My advice would be to anyone updating to 2.7, validate all files and let it remove any extras (usually old mods or leftover files from and old update) before updating to 2.7.  My guess is that 2.7 is a major overhaul, and a corrupted file or old mod can wreak havoc on the update.  Don't know why it deleted everything, perhaps some files got corrupted by having those old mods in when I updated. And back up your input and config folders in saved games first, you never know......

Any of you copy your modules over from somewhere else?

About three weeks ago I ran into an issue where win10 wouldnt boot and I couldnt repair. Had to do a fresh install of win10. 

Get win10 setup and download DCS  beta... After downloading my favorite airplanes from the module manager, I got irritated at the time it was taking to download everything. Found a really cool solution to go to the windows.old directory (from my previous win10 installation) and pulled the terrains out of OLD win10 installation and copied them to the fresh beta install. 

Everything worked (I was amazed at all the time I saved from downloading the maps!) But then after update, I ran into this issue 😞 

Im wondering if maybe some of you did something similar?

TJ

Got the authorization error on A-10 II and Syria map. Redownloading Syria is going to be a pain. I just downloaded the update, which wasn't that bad, but Syria is 50GiB, more or less... A pain I'll have to endure though, if validating won't fix it.

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

10 hours ago, Tj1376 said:

Any of you copy your modules over from somewhere else?

About three weeks ago I ran into an issue where win10 wouldnt boot and I couldnt repair. Had to do a fresh install of win10. 

Get win10 setup and download DCS  beta... After downloading my favorite airplanes from the module manager, I got irritated at the time it was taking to download everything. Found a really cool solution to go to the windows.old directory (from my previous win10 installation) and pulled the terrains out of OLD win10 installation and copied them to the fresh beta install. 

Everything worked (I was amazed at all the time I saved from downloading the maps!) But then after update, I ran into this issue 😞 

Im wondering if maybe some of you did something similar?

TJ

That's exactly what I did, copied files over from my old computer when I got this one.  I suspect Windows flagged the files as unalterable (read only or some other system flag) and would not allow the updater to actually change any existing files yet allowed the updater to make changes to let the sim think it was updated, creating a mis-match that tripped an authenticator failure. A big clue to me was the repair function flagging every module and map as "extra files" that did not belong and deleting them.  Odd though that I could do some of the other smaller updates without an issue, as well as change my input and snap view configs, etc. But it's Windows, it's always doing something annoying 😛  Got everything downloaded and installed, authenticates just fine now.
So the lesson from all this for me is to just bite the bullet on a new computer, do the download and install DCS fresh.  Probably not a bad idea anyway, lots of junk and baggage accumulates over time that's good to get rid of as it is.  But yeah, that download can be painful, especially if you own a lot of maps and modules!

• Like 1