new clouds corruption

• 2 weeks later...

i have discovered that this bug is triggered by the view being placed at 5047-5048 feet above sea level in caucasus. slightly more or slightly less, and it wont happen. you can reach an altitude precisely in ctrl-f11 view with mousewheel for speed.

there are other altitudes that trigger this, for example 5983 feet above sea level in caucasus. at this altitude, the problem is far more aggressive. another example is at 13610 feet.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Thanks 4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue, using AMD RX5700 with latest drivers. 

I actually have another unrelated problem though it happens since we got the new clouds :  I almost cannot see anything in the TGP/TPod , like no ground targets at all using modules that have it ( A10cII, Harrier, F18 ) , unless there are no clouds above the terrain. 

This second issue is far more serious because the black sprites are rare and only last maybe 2 or max 3 seconds for me whereas the second issue prevents me to use these modules online for ground attack unless i know the targets coordinates. 

Thank you for considering this, i did not know where to post the second issue despite searching for it but i rarely post unless i have a problem and this is quite a problem. All the best.

Edited by Fynek

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll have to do more flying when I have the chance but so far I haven't seen the black boxes (mind you I have recently executed a whole DCS wipe and reinstalled it clean) Will report back later when I got a few more hours of flying done and report later.

Edited by HunterICX
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NBee said:

Sorry to rapport this issue is still a problem see attached mov and pic

Started one week ago

youre in a wrong thread, this bug has nothing to do with clouds.

post your findings in this, correct, thread please:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580