VR Glove in game

Sirbum

The new Glove that is in VR now is way to big because i have my PD in game set a little higher then normal. Also, the lazer that use to show from the tip of the finger to what ever control i am trying to work, no longer shows. 

Most of the time the + now points outside of the plane even though the tool tip for what ever button im on shows. This is making working the knobs way

harder then it use to be.

Is there a way to switch back to the old version of the glove in game? 

this is all on the Oculus Rift S by the way. 

dcs.log

2 hours ago, Sirbum said:

the lazer that use to show from the tip of the finger to what ever control i am trying to work, no longer shows. 

Most of the time the + now points outside of the plane even though the tool tip for what ever button im on shows. This is making working the knobs way

harder then it use to be.

Is there a way to switch back to the old version of the glove in game? 

this is all on the Oculus Rift S by the way. 

dcs.log 109.44 kB · 3 downloads

Just upgraded to 2.7. I have exactly the same issue here with Rift S hand controllers. Lasers gone, tool tip shows, cross outside the cockpit

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

yeh reaching things with the glove for me is a no go because i play at a desk lol, so soon as i try to go for buttons down and to the right or left, bam i run right into 

my desk. 

Not sure why they decided to make this change, and it would be fine as long as we had the option to revert if we liked.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sirbum said:

i just turned off the hand all togeather for now, until they bring it back lol. back to using the mouse which sucks but at least i can get to crap.

Dont do it, make sure you tell support.
Its bugged.

I just had an amazing shoot em up game in a channel server,  i had to fly one handed, as i had to keep one hand on the space bar to shoot.
Same for lasing in the hornet.
And flying Helos is bugged too.

1 hour ago, Sirbum said:

yeh reaching things with the glove for me is a no go because i play at a desk lol, so soon as i try to go for buttons down and to the right or left, bam i run right into 

my desk.

That is similar problem as in many VR games that people don't have space to even flex their hands when they stand, even less to take a side step. 

So why should those who have space to be limited for standing position and not to be able even move their arms further from their bodies?

Sure, return the laser and crosshair as option in VR settings. But allow them to be turned Off separately so that VR hand is required to be used to activate things. 

I have, like many others too, empty space around the flight chair. There is nothing else than a throttle on left side and stick between legs or at right side (depending settings).

I have years moved my hands to operate all the buttons and switches in the cockpits to touch them.

This example means in Mi-8MTv2 that I need to swap the seat to co-pilot if I want to operate the right side of the cockpit. If I want to operate the upper panel then it is better be done from the flight engineer seat.

It is great we finally have the laser and crosshair gone, but it should be option to turn them back On by those who requires the "extra reach".

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

2 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

This example means in Mi-8MTv2 that I need to swap the seat to co-pilot if I want to operate the right side of the cockpit. If I want to operate the upper panel then it is better be done from the flight engineer seat.

Youre right.

Ive just had this trouble in the Huey server. And you cant zoom, so when you want to select guns and turn on your weapons, its a nightmare with the new pointer..

8 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

Youre right.

Ive just had this trouble in the Huey server. And you cant zoom, so when you want to select guns and turn on your weapons, its a nightmare with the new pointer..

That is not a trouble for me, that is the realistic experience. You can't in reality reach things = you need multiple people in the cockpit for each person to do different tasks.

And that is well done in Mi-8 that you can jump to second seat. At now we can't have a AI keep flying smoothly if you jump to co-pilot seat or flight engineer but need to keep flying even if flight engineer doesn't have controls, but it is better than nothing. 

Like in reality you can swap controls with the co-pilot when they have better visibility to right side, so you can do that just with a flip of a hat to that side and do it from there.

I mean in reality yes- our copilot would do it for us..
Surely- It goes both ways, You wouldnt be able to switch seats mid flight.

Stretching your arm to flick a switch would probably be a better solution than swapping seats with someone, only to swap back..

The Mi8 is my go to helo' Its a bit broken for the VR user right now.

5 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

I mean in reality yes- our copilot would do it for us..
Surely- It goes both ways, You wouldnt be able to switch seats mid flight.

You are not swapping the seats, you are swapping the character. That is the difference. You are in the RPG where you select what AI seat you are playing. You are not flying alone the helicopter but with the AI. So you just "allocate the soul" of the AI. 

So just like you pretend to be a pilot virtually, you are pretending to be a commander, co-pilot, flight engineer or door gunner.... 

Stretching your arm to flick a switch would probably be a better solution than swapping seats with someone, only to swap back..

Again, it is not that you are there to swap seats with some other person. You are allocating just the person in that position.

And you are stretching your arm as far you can, but not further. Like in Mi-8 it is for commander easy to flip the weapons safety above his head, in VR you can do that without even looking once you get the experience that in what position it is. It is like in reality that you just reach to it and flip it. But, it is easier for a flight engineer to prepare the weapons by turning weapons safety off from the top left ceiling and then from center top panel and prime the weapons. And commander task is to operate his weapons panel above his head. 

The Mi8 is my go to helo' Its a bit broken for the VR user right now.

Actually it is not. I just tested. 

As long you keep pressing Touch Controllers Grip button, so long you are grabbing the cyclic or the collective. But once you release the grip button, you are not anymore grabbing the virtual controls. So it works exactly as you would want to (I would like to see that option to enable press once to grab, press second time to release).

The normal problem is that in Mi-8 you can not bind the weapon release button to mouse - hence you can't just use right controller to fly and use right controller trigger (default left mouse button) to fire. In a UH-1H this is allowed for be binded for mouse, so you can select the LMB to Weapon Release/Machine gun - but you can't still fire with right controller trigger as on that moment the trigger is not recognized as left mouse button. 

13 hours ago, Fri13 said:

That is similar problem as in many VR games that people don't have space to even flex their hands when they stand, even less to take a side step. 

So why should those who have space to be limited for standing position and not to be able even move their arms further from their bodies?

Sure, return the laser and crosshair as option in VR settings. But allow them to be turned Off separately so that VR hand is required to be used to activate things. 

I have, like many others too, empty space around the flight chair. There is nothing else than a throttle on left side and stick between legs or at right side (depending settings).

I have years moved my hands to operate all the buttons and switches in the cockpits to touch them.

It is great we finally have the laser and crosshair gone, but it should be option to turn them back On by those who requires the "extra reach".

you are totally correct and I agree with you. If they can change it so that we as the consumer can toggle what we want on and off that would be a Win/Win.

that way players as yourself who have a cockpit and the room can use it the way it is now, and players as myself who are not able to can go back to the old way.

I am not asking for it to be changed back with no option to keep the new way.

• Thanks 1

Guys, you are totally correct about the new gloves. It is nice in principle but now turning knobs is close to impossible.

And I have another problem I hope someone could help with plese? In various opportunities when I try to push a button, or turn a knob, the gloves end up grabbing the stick and the plane then goes flying nuts (I have lost missions because of this issue). Is there a way in which one can de-activate the option for the gloves to take the stick and/or the throttle? I am fine pressing buttons and turning things around though, so I wouldn't like to cancel those options.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.

Best

• Thanks 1

Not only has the pointer lasers gone, but the thumbsticks no longer work, so I can't rotate dials or even flick a switch off once I have turned it on.

I only ever play DCS in VR and it is now completely unplayable.

I hope this is just a bug that's been flagged for fixing, because without hand controllers DCS is finished for me.

• Thanks 1

Kit: i9 10900k, Rog Strix RTX 4090, Asus Rog strix Z490 Mobo, 64 GB, Varjo Aero HMD running Open VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster Pendular rudder peddles

MODS: Pretty much all of them

1 hour ago, john_e_alarcon said:

Guys, you are totally correct about the new gloves. It is nice in principle but now turning knobs is close to impossible.

And I have another problem I hope someone could help with plese? In various opportunities when I try to push a button, or turn a knob, the gloves end up grabbing the stick and the plane then goes flying nuts (I have lost missions because of this issue). Is there a way in which one can de-activate the option for the gloves to take the stick and/or the throttle? I am fine pressing buttons and turning things around though, so I wouldn't like to cancel those options.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.

Best

I have had this same issue for as long as I've been playing DCS. Over time I have found that when not using the hand controllers, I place them in my lap with the handles facing towards my junk. This has the effect of making the in game hand avatars face away from the stick and in this position they rarely seem to automatically grab the controls

• Thanks 1

Kit: i9 10900k, Rog Strix RTX 4090, Asus Rog strix Z490 Mobo, 64 GB, Varjo Aero HMD running Open VR

4 hours ago, Major Corvus said:

Not only has the pointer lasers gone, but the thumbsticks no longer work, so I can't rotate dials or even flick a switch off once I have turned it on.

I only ever play DCS in VR and it is now completely unplayable.

I hope this is just a bug that's been flagged for fixing, because without hand controllers DCS is finished for me.

Yes, this is the other problem with 2.7. not only the "green laser" is gone, but now you can hardly turn knobs. It is practically not possible.

I have reported this to Customer services since I cannot really play. So maybe if they receive more feedback on this, ED would fix it soon.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, john_e_alarcon said:

Yes, this is the other problem with 2.7. not only the "green laser" is gone, but now you can hardly turn knobs. It is practically not possible.

I have reported this to Customer services since I cannot really play. So maybe if they receive more feedback on this, ED would fix it soon.

Cheers

I have had a reply on my ticket and they have clarified that it is a bug and is earmarked for a fix. So fingers crossed it won't take long

• Thanks 1