DCS 2.7 VR performance

Charly314159

vor 1 Stunde schrieb B4ron:

clean Win10 install - thats what I haven't tried yet.

What exactly did you do? Settings / recovery / recover this PC / remove everything?

Before reinstalling:

Export DCS Input Settings Folder from your SavedGames-Folder (only Input !)

as a precaution > Ingame Export Throttel|Joystick|Mouse|etc....lua.files

Screenshot Ingame Settings DCS ( Video|Audio etc pp )

if available

Export Vaicom Pro Settings

Export JetSeat Settings

All Exports done > Clean Win10 & Clean DCS

after this > Clean Install Vaicom & Jetseat, Import Settings

that should have been it 🙂

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

2 hours ago, Supmua said:

Windows KB5001330 update, and the previous KB5000842 preview update are known to cause in-game stuttering for some.  Fortunately, I do not have this issue with my setup but there are numerous reports and this has also been acknowledged by Microsoft.  DCS VR experience on my Valve Index has been spectacular since the introduction of Reshade VR and SteamVR's fix throttling.  

What advantages do you have with steamvr fix throttling??

2 hours ago, SquidgyB said:

That issue *should* be resolved now, providing you're up to date with Windows:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/windows-10-fixed-the-recent-game-performance-problems

Indeed, I saw this too.  Info in the link, you can check if you've got the "fix"

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-pushes-emergency-fix-for-windows-10-kb5001330-gaming-issues/

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hello guys

After playing this morning and like most here was having reduced performance in 2.7

I did a few tweaks and now my fps is back where I like it at 45 most of time.

My steps if I remember correctly.

1. Cleared out shaders in saved games

2.Cleared out shaders in dcs/mods/terrains/misc

3.Put terrain texture to low.

4.Put cloud textures to low...they look fine in VR

5.Forced ipd distance to 64 in vr settings

6.Steam vr to 42% dcs@100% resolution 2044x2004

7.Installed mods via JSGME....reshade vr sharpen/color.....reflected`s vr labels.....remove vr lens flare....modified countermeasure programs....CGTC mod with taz trees on top....mustangs persian gulf/nttr noise fix

i9 9900k..rtx2080oc...64 gb ram..ssd..reverb g2

Hope it helps somebody 

Edited by aceviper

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

What advantages do you have with steamvr fix throttling??

Smoothness. 

I set my headset at 80Hz, so my framerate can fluctuate between either 40 fps with 2:1 reprojection (motion smoothness) or 80 without depending on the area that I’m in.

Transitioning between the two mode can cause slight stutter, for example diving from high altitude to cluttered area with multiple ground objects.  Fixed throttling eliminates this, and everything remains smooth all the time—at the expense of image retention artifacts on oscillating objects. 

Turning off motion smoothness also allows smoother framerate transition, but you see slight cockpit smear/juddering when looking side to side since the framerate isn’t locked to the headset’s default frequency or its multiplication. 

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

25 minutes ago, aceviper said:

7.Installed mods via JSGME....reshade vr sharpen/color.....reflected`s vr labels.....remove vr lens flare....modified countermeasure programs....CGTC mod with taz trees on top....mustangs persian gulf/nttr noise fix

Can you point those labels settings?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, Max Thunder said:

I am not to much into VR technology, but why did you expect a performance increase by doing this?

I have the same question. I have seen a video on VR settings that mentions that this setting has nothing to do with the known IPD we set in our headsets. I have it on too but I can’t confirm that it helps FPS. I hope someone here knows more about it.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

55 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Smoothness. 

I set my headset at 80Hz, so my framerate can fluctuate between either 40 fps with 2:1 reprojection (motion smoothness) or 80 without depending on the area that I’m in.

Transitioning between the two mode can cause slight stutter, for example diving from high altitude to cluttered area with multiple ground objects.  Fixed throttling eliminates this, and everything remains smooth all the time—at the expense of image retention artifacts on oscillating objects. 

Turning off motion smoothness also allows smoother framerate transition, but you see slight cockpit smear/juddering when looking side to side since the framerate isn’t locked to the headset’s default frequency or its multiplication. 

But is the same if you set "force motion smoothing ON" in steam options, right? I set my Index at 90hz but with with constant 45 fps motion smoothing

9 minutes ago, diamond26 said:

I have the same question. I have seen a video on VR settings that mentions that this setting has nothing to do with the known IPD we set in our headsets. I have it on too but I can’t confirm that it helps FPS. I hope someone here knows more about it.

Just listed my steps..cant point to the one that worked for me!

1 hour ago, Gryzor said:

But is the same if you set "force motion smoothing ON" in steam options, right? I set my Index at 90hz but with with constant 45 fps motion smoothing

It is very similar but not the exact same. Fixed throttling option allows you to fine tune the additional prediction in ms. 

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

7 hours ago, Supmua said:

Windows KB5001330 update, and the previous KB5000842 preview update are known to cause in-game stuttering for some.  Fortunately, I do not have this issue with my setup but there are numerous reports and this has also been acknowledged by Microsoft.  DCS VR experience on my Valve Index has been spectacular since the introduction of Reshade VR and SteamVR's fix throttling.  

I use SteamVR Fixed throttle in 120 fps (Max) teamed with Index at 120hz refresh rate and i get great results

2 hours ago, diamond26 said:

It´s the size of the world and objects around. If use the default (65 IPD i think) i feel a giant inside the A-10C cockpit. I use 56 most of the time, i fly the Hornet and Viper and that´s the size/setting which works best for me.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

11 minutes ago, Tiphys said:

IPD is just the "inter pupil distance"  

pupilary-distance-average-hero-678x446-compressor.jpg

In the Headset yes but in DCS VR options no.

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

53 minutes ago, jadaz said:

Hello guys, is anyone having the following problem with HTC vive pro after the 2.7 update? it happens only when the flight starts, while browsing the menu there is no problem. Thanks

Screen_210428_065354.jpg

Screen_210428_065431.jpg

Screen_210428_065431r.jpg

Screen_210428_065658.jpg

I’d log that as separate bug, it will get lost here.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I am seeing a significant performance decrease to. Clouds are jumping all over as well (this is a know bug.), Hopefully when the clouds are fixed the performance will come back (I wish it would get better.), I hate playing 2D.

System Specs:

MSI Z490 Godlike

Intel 10900KF

128gb 4000 RAM

RTX 3080

NVME 4.0 SSD

The clouds just give you a 30% decrease in performance, period. Even "light scattered 1" . Turn clouds on in any way = minus 30%. 

This is in VR , but ALSO in 2d . 

In VR you get the extra problem that it looks absolutely terrible. 

Not just the clouds but the lighting overall is way off , and i can't even read my MFD's anymore because of the bad lighting. 

I just wish they didn't keep building extra features on this graphic engine but instead just focus on the new API. 
I hear very little from ED about this performance drop, and i don't have a lot of hope that this will be a quick fix. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WMR does not like motion smoothing at all. I have two computers with the same specs one VIVE pro, the other G2. I set the same resolutions and the Reverb G2 is alot more choppy when moving your head around the cockpit. Better motion smoothing is needed for the mixed reality platform. lets hope the new VIVE headsets have great resolution as the reverb so I can sell it upgrade.
https://www.vive.com/ca/vivecon2021/ 1920-top.jpg

zprwsp-6.png

Not what i was hoping for...stand-alone headset with the focus on enterprise . We'll see when more specs are released ...

My RiftS will be dead to me the end of this year , and no good replacement in sight . WMR does not appeal , and the Index needs more res .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

3 hours ago, Convexrook said:

WMR does not like motion smoothing at all.

twaddle.  WMR and motion smoothing works just fine

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg