2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

3 minutes ago, Burt said:

Awesome can’t wIt to get home a get the update. How about the Tomcat ? As all my issues was in the Tomcat only after quit and Fly again single mission crash. 

I have been trying with the Tomcat and it seems to work for me, although I don't know whether I have been testing using the same missions as you

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

6 minutes ago, Burt said:

Awesome can’t wIt to get home a get the update. How about the Tomcat ? As all my issues was in the Tomcat only after quit and Fly again single mission crash. 

Same here, when I start the "On devils edge" BVR Instant action mission for example on Syria a second time, DCS just quits to desktop instantly (no "DCS has crashed" or freeze).

Edit: A few times I could go in a second time but after about 20 seconds the same happens

Edited by kilux

Great news confirmation!  Multiple missions with stops and restarts and the issues appear to have been resolved!  Is there anyone at DCS that I can talk too about pain and suffering?  LOL 

Thanks for all you folks do!!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zonie said:

CTD on the second mission after the latest update.  Channel map, Spitfire.  Did all the usual stuff, shaders cleared, no mods, etc.

Please can you attach your log file

Also, please could you provide more details about which mission you are trying to fly - I have just jumped into several different Spitfire instant action missions on the Channel map and have had no issues restarting any of them

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I may fake sick and home and update. With me it was any mission with the Tomcat mostly single player missions especially the Syria Dogfight?BFM with the eagle, I love that one. 

Ah man my stomach hurts !

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

So far so good here as well after latest patch!  Multiple mission reloads with Tomcat and Hornet...no crashes!

Thank you ED for figuring this out, it didn't seem easy.

****ruh roh...spoke too soon***

I just experienced a hard crash, DCS not responding, not crash log created, had to reboot PC

It happened after I did an Instant Action Mission in the Tomcat and then went to try and load a mission in the ME.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

2 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Please can you attach your log file

Also, please could you provide more details about which mission you are trying to fly - I have just jumped into several different Spitfire instant action missions on the Channel map and have had no issues restarting any of them

ME mission, Channel map, WW2 coalitions, single a/c, player as Spitfire, takeoff from runway at Manston, 6AM, high scattered 3 clouds, if I recall. Log attached.

dcs.log-20210602-150300.zip

Still here...

*no mods*

Syria F18 free flight mission:

- Flown for 10 secs

- ESC

- Changed SSAA from 1.5 to OFF (glitching as per patch notes)

- Reloaded same mission (from main menu, not "fly again" obv)

- Crash

NB: I updated to the latest OB then ran a slow repair before launching DCS. FXO & Metashaders 2 deleted. New NVIDIA drivers 466.67. full screen off & other settings as per Flappie instructions 

log attached 

dcs.log dcs.log.old dcs.log-20210602-172110.zip debrief.log

Edited by Snakedoc

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

58 minutes ago, Donut said:

So far so good here as well after latest patch!  Multiple mission reloads with Tomcat and Hornet...no crashes!

Thank you ED for figuring this out, it didn't seem easy.

****ruh roh...spoke too soon***

I just experienced a hard crash, DCS not responding, not crash log created, had to reboot PC

It happened after I did an Instant Action Mission in the Tomcat and then went to try and load a mission in the ME.

See edit to previous post...crashes still not as frequent as before though.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

See edit to previous post...crashes still not as frequent as before though.

Please could you attach your log file from this - if you have flown again it will be log.old

5 minutes ago, Snakedoc said:

Still here...

*no mods*

- Flown for 10 secs

- ESC

- Reloaded same mission (from main menu, not "fly again" obv)

- Crash

NB: I updated to the latest OB then ran a slow repair before launching DCS. FXO & Metashaders 2 deleted. New NVIDIA drivers 466.67. full screen off & other settings as per Flappie instructions 

log attached 

dcs.log 125.63 kB · 4 downloads dcs.log.old 54.94 kB · 0 downloads dcs.log-20210602-172110.zip 253.97 kB · 0 downloads debrief.log 940 B · 0 downloads

An update to my previous post:

I couldn't replicate the same crash despite trying multiple times after... maybe it was a one-off fluke due to changing in game settings in between 2 missions? 

Now I am re-loading the same mission with the "fly again" button and also going though the main menu successfully without any crashes.

Let's hope it was just a one-off 🙂

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

13 minutes ago, zonie said:

ME mission, Channel map, WW2 coalitions, single a/c, player as Spitfire, takeoff from runway at Manston, 6AM, high scattered 3 clouds, if I recall. Log attached.

dcs.log-20210602-150300.zip 190.08 kB · 1 download

10 minutes ago, Snakedoc said:

Still here...

*no mods*

- Flown for 10 secs

- ESC

- Reloaded same mission

- Crash

log attached 

dcs.log 125.63 kB · 4 downloads dcs.log.old 54.94 kB · 0 downloads dcs.log-20210602-172110.zip 253.97 kB · 0 downloads debrief.log 940 B · 0 downloads

I think this is actually a different cause

Both of you have the following errors immediately before the crash which don't seem to have been in earlier crash logs I have seen (and certainly not in mine from previous crashes)

2021-06-02 15:02:59.963 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Zero size of texture '_SSAO'!
2021-06-02 15:02:59.963 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Zero size of texture '_SSAO_distance'!

Will check with the team

2 minutes ago, Snakedoc said:

An update to my previous post:

I couldn't replicate the same crash despite trying multiple times after... maybe it was a one-off fluke due to changing in game settings in between 2 missions? 

Now I am re-loading the same mission with the "fly again" button and also going though the main menu successfully without any crashes.

Let's hope it was just a one-off 🙂

I think it is to do with changing the SSAO settings and then not restarting - I will have a quick try with mine and see if I can replicate

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 2

I have just managed to replicate by changing my SSAA value from off to 1.5 and then trying to fly a mission without restarting DCS - will report to the team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Log attached, hope it helps.

dcs.log.old 131.43 kB · 0 downloads

Interesting - I am not sure what has happened here because there is no ACCESS_VIOLATION listed in the logs, it just stops

Are you able to replicate?

15 minutes ago, PeevishMonkey said:

It seems to me, ANY changes in xxAA MUST BE provided only through restart the game.

I agree

Wrong log file: this one shows no crash.

IF your crash only happens with the Tomcat, it may be a different crash (more a freeze, actually, if you don't see a crash stack at the end of your log). According to ustio, here, the Tomcat issue hasn't been fixed yet:

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

26 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yes, it happened again.  

dcs.log.old 151.04 kB · 1 download

Next time, please could you attach both dcs.log and dcs.log.old - I agree with @Flappie that I think this crash is a different issue

27 minutes ago, Flappie said:

IF your crash only happens with the Tomcat, it may be a different crash (more a freeze, actually, if you don't see a crash stack at the end of your log). According to ustio, here, the Tomcat issue hasn't been fixed yet:

5 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Next time, please could you attach both dcs.log and dcs.log.old - I agree with @Flappie that I think this crash is a different issue

Roger that.  Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

We are talking about this one?

1-60 crash.jpg

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

We are talking about this one?
1812341209_1-60crash.thumb.jpg.b0708b85687edc756c3d0c55cec8ae5e.jpg
There have been several different crashes / hangs so it could be. Either way, the getting stuck at World 1 / 60 is different to the second mission crash / end of mission crash.

I don't know whether there is already a separate thread for this

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk