2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

It is one of the high priority items at the moment. That is why Rik took a few volunteers to try and reproduce the crashes. Progress were made today.

ED will keep you all posted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

20 minutes ago, Flappie said:

It is one of the high priority items at the moment. That is why Rik took a few volunteers to try and reproduce the crashes. Progress were made today.

🙂👍

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

On 5/30/2021 at 9:36 AM, Mr. Crow said:

I can confirm the crash after first mission exit.

Yep, I've gone from crash before second mission to crash after first mission exit as well.

• Like 1

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass, Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero Z270, Intel Core I7 - 7700K, Gskill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM750X, Windows 10 Home, Asus ROG PG348Q 34” 3440 x 1440 100hz curved IPS G-Sync monitor, Saitek X52 Pro Hotas, TrackIR V5

Windows Explorer Freezes and no interaction can be made about 15-20 into playing, DCS with HP reverb G2.

Tested other VR games and no Crashes of the sort.

Tested 2D Games and no crashes.

No logs to show as there is no way to get one

zprwsp-6.png

On 6/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, Flappie said:

Would you be able to share with us what was wrong after you guys correct it? Just got super curious after this 40+ page discussion.

In layman's terms of course.

• Like 2

The first rule of closed beta program is: you don't talk about closed beta program.

The second rule of closed beta program is: you don't talk about closed beta program. 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flappie said:

The first rule of closed beta program is: you don't talk about closed beta program.

The second rule of closed beta program is: you don't talk about closed beta program. 😉

In this case of  very long living superbug wich bothered many peoples for a really long time its not a good policy to say nothing.

• Like 2

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

7 hours ago, m005106 said:

Would you be able to share with us what was wrong after you guys correct it? Just got super curious after this 40+ page discussion.

In layman's terms of course.

Same here. But as a software engineer by trade, while I agree that a good debugging story can sometimes read like a novel (BTW, if anyone in software dev is reading this, I recommend Raymond Chen's blog "The Old New Thing" for plenty of epic stories), they are hard to explain in laymen's terms. And the causes are almost invariably the same story  "We found a race condition/memory corruption/uninitialized variable (pick one) and Sasha (statistically, a russian dev is called Oleksandr a.k.a Sasha) found it by bisecting the pile of commits/sheer brainpower/randomly moving debug statements/generously sprinkling mutexes (pick one)".

19 minutes ago, Flia said:

In this case of  very long living superbug wich bothered many peoples for a really long time its not a good policy to say nothing.

If my guess is right, until "Sasha" finds the cause (maybe causes, there could be several sub-bugs), there is nothing more to say than "We are working on it". And no promises can be made. Once someone is able to reproduce reliably and "Sasha" can send them instrumented builds or intermediate versions, then it's only a matter of time until the bug is identified. 

Patience ... Waiting is. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Flia said:

If this superbug would hit release/"stable" version, maybe we would get a public explanation for the trouble.

But remember closed beta and open beta are test programs. We "signed" for more frequent game updates at the cost of dealing with bugs. Explanations, however, are not part of the deal. If you want to know a little more about bugs, you can ask to join the closed beta program. But you won't get detailed explanations about how bugs happen either. I don't know a lot more than you do about this superbug, but I know enough so next time a superbug happens, we can quickly understand why some people get it, and others don't.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi all

We will have a potential fix in the next open beta 

thank you for your patience

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS 2.7.1.7029 Open Beta

DCS World

• VR. Reduced clouds jitter.
  • CTD on mission restart - possibly fixed.
  • MP. Fixed crash when called to AI wingmen when attacking a ground target.
  • MiG-29. Correction of training missions.

Fingers crossed 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BuzzLine said:

Good job Sasha (or whoever fixed the bug) 👍

Don't forget the few bug-stricken beta testers who answered Rik's call to test special builds in order to accelerate bugfixing.

And also all of you who patiently kept posting crashlogs and testing solutions (42 pages!). Kudos, guys.👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Let's hope all sorts of strange crashes have been resolved

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

IMPORTANT: To avoid any issue in the near or distant future, don't forget to disable the following options in your DCS.exe file properties:

• Compatibility mode
  • Run as administrator

image.png

(sorry, French O.S.)

Awesome can’t wIt to get home a get the update. How about the Tomcat ? As all my issues was in the Tomcat only after quit and Fly again single mission crash. 

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020