2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

32 minutes ago, casserole said:

It starts crashing again. My workaround suggestion worked almost 72 hours before it turned bad again.

I give up for good.

Good luck guys

I tried your work around with the mission folders and it kinda works for me, the first time i load up DCS and load a mission then quit i get a CTD after that when i restart DCS i do not get any crashes at all atm and not using Win8 mode, however in compatibility mode DCS runs with no crashes! appreciate you guys that are trying to sort this all the same.

48 minutes ago, casserole said:

It starts crashing again. My workaround suggestion worked almost 72 hours before it turned bad again.

I give up for good.

Good luck guys

These have all been workarounds. And they are time limited by nature because the actual fix lies in the software itself. 72 hours is damned good. Far better than anything else so far.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Finally had time to play the latest OB build today for the first time since its release... aaaand I also became the member of "CTD on mission exit club". First crashes since about 3 weeks. Not amused. Fortunately they happened "only" twice, each time it was exiting a mission with P-47 as my plane and each time it was a case of a different terrain (Caucasus and Normandy) being loaded for the first time after purging fxo and metashaders folders. So is the problem somewhat related to the Thunderbolt itself (I doubt it), or to the recompiling of the shaders (more likely)?

Later, played a couple of missions after restarting the game again, using other airplanes, and didn't have any problems with exiting then. Weird.

Logs after the second CTD attached below.

dcs.log-20210528-224005.zip

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Since the last OB Update, DCS crashed almost regularly. Especially as soon as you want to quit the current game with the Esc key. Happened to me today while playing with the following modules: FA-18, Mig-21, M2k and now finally with the Mi-8 (see the 2 zip files in the appendix). And no, I haven't installed any mods. 

dcs.log-20210528-225027.zip dcs.log-20210528-231426.zip

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Have not had the mission exit crash since the first mission after the most recent update. However I'm still experiencing the 2nd mission crash. It seems slightly less frequent but it's still there.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

22 hours ago, the_jovian said:

Haven't tried any of the latest workarounds, just updated to the latest patch. Looks like I'm also crashing on mission end now, not at mission start. 😕

same here, flying F16, no mods,when exiting an 'instant action' mission

Yes same here. After latest patch im crashing when i hit escape. Thats new for me too.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Win 10 game mode desactivated  is a way to explore : This evening , I had crash when exit on every mission . Then i tried de desactivate win10 game mode . Then No crashes AND game really smoother . I think it worth trying this tip . I don t know if its the solution to these anoying crashes but who knows !!!!

• Like 2

I'm also getting the crash at the end of the mission after hitting the ESC key.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I’m getting crashes at start, menus and repeat missions. And that is in Win 8 compatibility mode. 
Never seen anything like this before in DCS. Really serious. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

10 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Have not had the mission exit crash since the first mission after the most recent update. However I'm still experiencing the 2nd mission crash. It seems slightly less frequent but it's still there.

Same for me. Only the 2nd mission crash. I'm not going to make any changes until the Devs have a fix. BTW, the solution posted WAAY back in this thread to exit the mission and / or mission editor, opening settings then hit "OK" seems to work for me almost every time. I have not run any Windows compatibility modes or any of the other temporary fixes other than emptying the FXO folder in Saved Games regularly. 

14 hours ago, reinerjl said:

Win 10 game mode desactivated  is a way to explore : This evening , I had crash when exit on every mission . Then i tried de desactivate win10 game mode . Then No crashes AND game really smoother . I think it worth trying this tip . I don t know if its the solution to these anoying crashes but who knows !!!!

Win 10 game mode off seems to work. Just gave it one try. I'll check further later on today.

Edit : Win 10 game mode off not working in all cases.

Edited by Fra298

After updating to the latest version, the crash when loading the second mission disappeared, but there is a crash when exiting the first mission. Currently I am using "non-full screen" mode, all crashes seem to disappear, but my game FPS is affected a bit.

Full Screen mode changed with the first 2.7 release. Since then a lot of people have a crash problem + some of them mentioned that it "solved" their crash problem.

Going window borderless mode affect FPS indeed. Time to bring the old (pre 2.7) Full Screen mode back (it would also solve the problem below).

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thought I would share...

I thought I had just the second mission load crash. Well, without doing any updates, or any changes to the files for the first time I got a CTDT with no warning when loading a MP mission (same one I usualy load with no issues). Still on 2.7.1.6430. Don't know anymore. I always re-start DCS to run another mission, now this. Damn...

---

Edited by Noluck
typo

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

Disabling Windows Game Mode is a default tweak, not only for DCS.

Honestly thought this is common knowledge.

Same for Full Screen Optimization and so on…

The less windows interferes with anything the better.

I‘m still to experience any crashes (mp or sp) whatsoever since enabling Win8 compatibility mode…

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 hours ago, NukeBear01 said:

After updating to the latest version, the crash when loading the second mission disappeared, but there is a crash when exiting the first mission. Currently I am using "non-full screen" mode, all crashes seem to disappear, but my game FPS is affected a bit.

I can confirm the crash after first mission exit.

I dont like this no info about working on this issue. This must be top priority for all ED testeres,programers, coders. Or not 😞 ?

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II