2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

4 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I had no crash before this patch.  No 2nd mission crash.  But now I'm getting constant crash upon mission exit like @Baz000

Uncheck Full Screen option, if u have selected. I had indentical problem

1 minute ago, Baz000 said:

Even with full screen option unchecked I am getting mission exit crash, in fact my whole time testing I have never had DCS in full screen.

I resolved my yesterday crashes by cleaning FXO and Missions folders. I am loading my missions outside of DCS.openbeta and had no crash since 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

seems like mine happens when the mission is running for a while and I want to quit the mission to go to main menu to select another... It crashes before entering the debriefing screen.

Edited by Baz000

seems like mine happens when the mission is running for a while and I want to quit the mission to go to main menu to select another... It crashes before entering the debriefing screen.
I also had this yesterday

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It also only seems to happen in VR for me, not 2D... Although to be honest, I haven't tested too much in 2D but when I did, I didn't notice any problems.
Mine was 2D yesterday - i was trying to trigger crashes while watching what was happening.

As with most people here it didn't happen every time

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

yeah, I think in my particular case... I am experiencing several different types of crashes but they have a tendency to masquerade themselves as other types of crashes... But I sure have been on random occasions getting that quitting mission causes crash issue... I can't trigger it all the time, just from what I noticed it is really happening when extended play time in a mission as opposed to loading and waiting a min or 2 and then quitting a mission.

Up to now I had no "classic" 2nd-mission-crash with the new patch. But I did not have enough time to be somehow remotly confident at this point. Also because of the crash I just had.

But this crash was odd. When I hit LShift+R the screen just frooze still in the aircraft even before I got to the loading screen. This is not "classic" since 98% of my recent crashes happened at the end of the loading with "Mission load done" and I never before had a crash just before the loading screen.

Maybe my files help.

dcs.log dcs.log-20210528-103148.zip

5 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I also had this yesterday

6 hours ago, Baz000 said:

That it happened to me once, when I played a long mission in the campaign for F18

Edited by zampe

Well...just about on schedule. 2nd mission crash.

The DLL involved is a new one for me:

(EDIT: Did I see this DLL mentioned in this thread or another thread involving the F-14? Just curious because I reactivated both the FA/18 and F-14 this morning.)

Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: DCS.exe, version: 2.7.1.6709, time stamp: 0x60adebf9
Faulting module name: ImGui.dll, version: 2.7.1.6709, time stamp: 0x60a037bc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000052b26
Faulting process id: 0x3b28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d753be29b82e00
Faulting application path: D:\DCS World OpenBeta Clean\bin\DCS.exe
Faulting module path: D:\DCS World OpenBeta Clean\bin\ImGui.dll
Report Id: 2f9c325f-a691-4a56-a7bc-0cd4808c0499
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

dcs.log-20210528-130352.zip dcs.log

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

12 hours ago, VRimulator said:

Good News Here!
I tried the recommendation mentioned somewhere in this topic about creating a blank mission,

Seem that we can do shorter: open mission editor and just after return to general menu.

That work for me today, but i have to do this every time i launch DCS world.

edit: and alway delete fxo folder before launch DCS.

Edited by Shadok

On 5/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, casserole said:

Aaaargh, it went sour again.

I installed a fresh DCS World an a fresh Windows 10 Pro on a new SSD in the same Rig yesterday. No other application installed, just the game and game controllers.

Nothing was imported from the old install. Game options and HOTAS settings were freshly configured by memory.

Yesterday all went well.

Today, after the 2.7.1.6709 update, it went crashing again with a vengeance, although I had no mission in my Missions folder at the default location (Saved Games/DCS.openbeta).

Now I dread the same on my old SSD where it all started and from which I tested the game earlier on today.

I'm out of options now.

From now on I'll stop proposing any suggestions on the forum. It all ends up misleading people. Sorry about that.

Ok, I said yesterday I would never post again any suggestion as they lead to nowhere.

However, I managed to get my new DCS World install work without any crash, at all, after all, on a new Windows 10 install on a new SSD on my old rig.

Here is the solution that works for my crashes  (2nd mission crash):

When you select a simple mission for a single player, your DCS explorer opens the default "Missions" folder located in "Saved Games\DCS;openbeta".

You need to navigate to a folder outside the DCS.openbeta folder and select a mission from there, even if you don't have any mission in the default folder.

Here is how to do it:

- create a new folder outside that Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder and call it "FUN" (choose whatever name you want). I put mine at the root of the Saved Games folder. So the address would be "Saved Games\FUN".

- place a couple of personal missions in the FUN folder.

- when opening the game, hit the "MISSION" choice just under CREATE FAST MISSION.

- now the game explorer opens the default "Missions" folder. 

- with the DCS explorer navigate to the FUN folder outside the DCS.openbeta folder (by double clicking the "folder.." icon).

- choose one of the couple of personal missions you just put in there.

- run the mission.

That's it!

Your DCS explorer will keep opening the same FUN folder next time.

For me, I can now play any simple mission (SP), any MP server, any instant action mission I want, hit L Shift + R or ESC without any crash.

And I don't delete the fxo folder anymore, nor the metashader2 folder, nor the temp folder. I don't have the game running in the Windows 8 compatibility mode.

Remember when I said that I was dreading the game crash on my old SSD after these crashes on my new SSD? Well it never happened.

And that is because the game explorer of the old install was already ouside the DCS.openbeta folder of the Saved Games folder.

The new install was still opening the default Missions folder. As there was no personal in it, I thought that I could leave it like this. And I got the crashes.

Now the new install opens the FUN folder and I can play whatever I want without any crash SP, MP, Instant Action).

For those with the 2nd mission crash, try it out and let me know.

And again, if after a period of 72 hours it starts again failing, I was wrong. But keep in mind my old install is now running for 48 hours without any crash.

Edited by casserole

3 hours ago, Wali763 said:

Up to now I had no "classic" 2nd-mission-crash with the new patch. But I did not have enough time to be somehow remotly confident at this point. 

Did not take much longer for those crashes to come back.....

29 minutes ago, casserole said:

Ok, I said yesterday I would never post again any suggestion as they lead to nowhere.

However, I managed to get my new DCS World install work without any crash, at all, after all, on a new Windows 10 install on a new SSD on my old rig.

Here is the solution that works for my crashes  (2nd mission crash):

When you select a simple mission for a single player, your DCS explorer opens the default "Missions" folder located in "Saved Games\DCS;openbeta".

You need to navigate to a folder outside the DCS.openbeta folder and select a mission from there, even if you don't have any mission in the default folder.

Here is how to do it:

- create a new folder outside that Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder and call it "FUN" (choose whatever name you want). I put mine at the root of the Saved Games folder. So the address would be "Saved Games\FUN".

- place a couple of personal missions in the FUN folder.

- when opening the game, hit the "MISSION" choice just under CREATE FAST MISSION.

- now the game explorer opens the default "Missions" folder. 

- with the DCS explorer navigate to the FUN folder outside the DCS.openbeta folder (by double clicking the "folder.." icon).

- choose one of the couple of personal missions you just put in there.

- run the mission.

That's it!

Your DCS explorer will keep opening the same FUN folder next time.

For me, I can now play any simple mission (SP), any MP server, any instant action mission I want, hit L Shift + R or ESC without any crash.

And I don't delete the fxo folder anymore, nor the metashader2 folder, nor the temp folder. I don't have the game running in the Windows 8 compatibility mode.

Remember when I said that I was dreading the game crash on my old SSD after these crashes on my new SSD? Well it never happened.

And that is because the game explorer of the old install was already ouside the DCS.openbeta folder of the Saved Games folder.

The new install was still opening the default Missions folder. As there was no personal in it, I thought that I could leave it like this. And I got the crashes.

Now the new install opens the FUN folder and I can play whatever I want without any crash SP, MP, Instant Action).

For those with the 2nd mission crash, try it out and let me know.

And again, if after a period of 72 hours it starts again failing, I was wrong. But keep in mind my old install is now running for 48 hours without any crash.

I am going to give this a try,will report back.

It is really stupid to have to jump through all these hoops as an end user to get  this program to try and run correctly like it should. And not one of these so called fixes that has been posted on this thread has worked as a full proof fix to the problem for me and I am sure that is true for many others . I have tried them all multiple times. There is something seriously wrong with something that they changed in the code three updates ago when this issue first raised its ugly head.

Edited by Manhorne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A beta software remains a beta software, not close in development and search for possible problems, so the 2.7 is a beta, it is for me logical that this crashes, the 2.5 stable is there to play and enjoy, I cannot find these crashes as a problem, just logical for a test version.

This is more like an Alpha version, isn't it.

ED couldn't find any serious crashes during their testing on their computers and released it as a beta version.

But when it hit a certain number of end consumers who have difficulties playing it for 10 minutes, it became an Alpha version. Unfortunately it was already out.

So I don't blame ED, they couldn't foresee this.

Edited by casserole

I test without compatibility mode, I have one crash and it is not caused by the second mission load.

I have a much better feeling from the last update, definitely the best build 2.7 version.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.