2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Same here, English version and not a single 2.7 crash.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

You make us dream there, because it's getting worse and worse, no way to do more than 2 flights without having the crash, I drop the beta for the moment and switch to stable 2.5, there at least we can play without risk a heart attack in front of your screen ....

• Like 1

I'm using english version and i've been having those crashes occasionally. After installing latest hotfix drivers from nvidia(466.55), i got rid of that crashing at least temporarily. I haven't been able to reproduce that crash since yet but time will tell. Also at the same time i got rid off the wmr for steamvr beta crashing.

Edited by divinee

http://dcsfinland.fi/

Dcs: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, MiG-21bis, M2000C, C-101, AJS-37, F-5, MF1, Bf-109K4, AH-64, UH-1, Ka-50, Mi-24, FC3, SC

System: i5-13600k@P58,58,57,57,56,56/E45 Asus TUF 3080Ti OC 12gb, 64gb DDR5 5600cl32, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBrD, Warthog throttle with deltasim slew, MFG Crosswind, DIY ”UFC”, 3x TM MFD’s

14 minutes ago, divinee said:

I'm using english version and i been having those crashes occasionally. After installing latest hotfix drivers from nvidia(466.55), i got rid of that crashing at least temporarily. I haven't been able to reproduce that crash since yet but time will tell. Also at the same time i got rid off the wmr for steamvr beta crashing.

I made the same experience. After all most recent Nvidia driver updates the crashes have gone initially, but only for a short time.

I assume that the updates are deleting some graphic settings and memory presets, which will then be "filled" again until the next crashes occur.

I'm also at 466.55 and having the same "good old" crashes.

Spanish version here and crashing like there's no tomorrow (I mean, second mission crash)

Found if I make one mission with one plane, then another with another plane, I can repeat missions with same plane with no crash more times than not, but I suppose it's one dice roll solution more, like the others...

Edited by deeleyer

• ED Team

We have a patch today with some fixes, there maybe one fix related to the second mission crash, but we do not think it is the full fix. 

We continue to look at the issue, thank you for all of your data and observations in this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 5/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, Ironhand said:

This is going to be a strange suggestion but I'm going to toss this out. I figure, what the hell, we're trying everything including throwing salt over our left shoulder while facing the cardinal directions...

Create an empty mission in the ME. Just select a map and save the result. "Fly" it. Close out the mission. Since doing that, I haven't had a single crash with all my normal settings. I did that yesterday as part of a test and the crashes which were happening frequently have stopped. I was going to wait a few days to see if things held. But I figure several people trying that would provide the answer sooner.

Well WTF!

This worked, I doing refuel training and have to start over and over again. This solved it. Makes no sense to me but it works

Not at my computer, both from memory.
Old computer from May 2013
English Windows 8.0 Enterprise, upgraded to 8.1 upgraded to latest Windows 10, "Downgraded" to Pro by changing serial
3960K CPU OC to 3.7GHz, 2xTitans not OC
32GB Ram, Windows handles page file on C which is 2X840 500GB in stripe. DCS on D 4x840 500GB in stripe.
Haven't had one single crash on 2.7, now latest 2.7.1, unless I OC GPUs.
So this is a really strange issue for you guys.
I never touch ME, usually fly user missions, ED missions, IA, training and campaigns.
Rarely fly the same missions twice in a row though.
Lots of mods, haven't even had the Frenchpack issue. And not on the latest version of that one either.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, streaker said:

Well WTF!

This worked, I doing refuel training and have to start over and over again. This solved it. Makes no sense to me but it works

Seems to have worked for me too. From 100% 2nd mission or usually in my case 2nd spawn during multiplayer crash to none. The windows 8 compatibility mode solution also worked but increased load times and vr shaking during multiplayer menus. 

Edited by shrimpy_dikdik

14 minutes ago, shrimpy_dikdik said:

Seems to have worked for me too. From 100% 2nd mission or usually in my case 2nd spawn during multiplayer crash to none. The windows 8 compatibility mode solution also worked but increased load times and vr shaking during multiplayer menus. 

This sulution worked for me for few hours only. Afer that crasehs started again as always.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I took this video to show what happens to me, but I was sometimes able to load 13 missions for example... However, now I am experiencing a new crash even just on 1st mission load after playing inside the mission for a while watching the AI fight in the external views.

I had the same crash, after a setting modification.

Usually I think DCS restarts after a system setting change ...

In this case, it did not restart ... 

Not sure that it's the same cause as that of the 2nd mission

Edited by Tanuki44

3 minutes ago, Tanuki44 said:

...Usually I think DCS restarts after a system setting change ...

I've noticed that since 2.7 things like changing resolution or FullScreen Enabled still cause the game to exit. However, unlike before 2.7 when the game would restart to apply the changes, mine now never restarts, it just exits and I have to restart manually.   Not sure if this is insignificant in anyway.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

For the record: also for me Win8 compatibility mode seems to prevent 2nd mission load crash. Big thanks for the idea! (I'd never think of that myself.)
It's been like 4 or 5 days w/o crashes now, so I hope it's long enough to conclude it works. It certainly seems long enough for me - I was having these crashes every day or every other day at best.
No other methods given here really worked on my PC (of those given prior to these 4-5 days, I haven't tried anything else since then).

PS. Oh, and yes - as stated above, DCS shuts down long in Win8 comp. mode. First GUI disappears, but DCS process remains running for something like 20-30 seconds more perhaps. I don't really care about it, but I just wanted to point out it happens on my PC as well.

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

How do i get todays patch , usually i get a message on DCS start up to install but not so atm? is it released at different times re region I'm in the UK, i have tried via the "update DCS" but says i am on latest version 2.7.1.6430 and am up to date!

Sorted 15.30 hrs

Edited by DOBBO45
Added info

So far so good with todays hotfix patch. Not second load crash yet 👍

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

No 2nd mission crash after updating. First mission crash instead. First time ever for that.

I'll try it again later after cleaning out folders and whatnot.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

This is worth a try guys:

No more crashes after relocating your "Missions" Folder in Saved Games/DCS.openbeta by doing this

- Copy the Mission folder

- Paste it somewhere else (I pasted it in Saved Games at the root).

- Delete all your missions in the "Missions" folder at the default location, as they are now saved at the new location.

Now you won't have crashes anymore!

- If you want to load one of those relocated missions, you need to navigate to it by double clicking the "folder.."  icon.

Loading your personal missions won't generate the infamous 2nd mission crash.

It worked for me 100 %, not 80, not 90 not 99%, but 100% for the past FEW (I know it is too soon to say) hours. (hehe, sounds like a commercial)

Now while writing this, I noticed that a new update came online, maybe it fixed all the crashes now.

So my suggestion is maybe obsolete.

But anyhow, if it isn't, this may help.

Of course there is the 48 hours state of grace where all changes seem to work. Maybe my work around is also doomed to fail, but who knows....

Having said this lets try out this new update.

Edited by casserole

My PC seems to like this crash, so it's easy for me:
1. Turned off Win8 compatibility, because dcs_updater was complaining.
2. Updated to 2.7.1.6709.
3. 2nd mission load crashes immediately :biggrin: (I'm testing other things a bit today and reloading missions quickly)
4. Turned on Win8 comp. mode again, no more crashes (since this is my cure, I assume it still simply "works").

As a side note - yesterday I upgraded to 32 GB RAM and moved DCS to a brand spanking new SATA SSD (from an HDD for masochists) - it doesn't matter a rat's butt as far as this crash is concerned. On my PC of course.

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

21 minutes ago, PeevishMonkey said:

Now (after the latest update) game crash is exactly after press "ESC". 

Happened to me also. I just had to decrease FXAA from 16x to 8x and no more crash.

As a side note, it seems Metashaders2 (I started with a fresh dcs saved games folder) folder is empty. Is this ok?

Edit : Had to decrease again FXAA to avoid crash on syria map.

Edited by Fra298

10 minutes ago, PeevishMonkey said:

Now (after the latest update) game crash is exactly after press "ESC". 

Same here unfortunately

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta