2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Same, freezing when launching the same mission a second time.

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, imacken said:

Still crashing for me after today's update.

They still haven’t been able to reproduce it. So it’s no surprise that there wasn’t a fix in today’s update. We’re in for a long ride.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• ED Team

team are still looking into it, but I am afraid it remains a mystery at the moment.

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

This entire issue is bizarre, especially since no one in a position to help seems able to reproduce it. What do we all have in common that makes us the ones experiencing this issue? Is it the color of our eyes? Mine are blue.

More seriously, could it be how we installed Win10? As an upgrade of an earlier Windows version? Or a completely new install? I think mine’s a fresh install. But that was awhile ago.

I just wish someone could figure this out. None of the usual suspects seem to be the culprit. 

I think we should start by looking at this Win8 compatibility mode, since it helps a large part of you to stop the crashes. What does it do? I'll see what I can find here.

EDIT: Here's a good explanation of how Windows compatibility mode works:

Windows application files contain an import table which tells the application loader which DLLs the application needs and which functions it uses from them. A process might for example reference GetVersionEx in the kernel32.dll. When a program shall run in compatibility mode, then the shim is put between the application and the shim replaces the GetVersionEx function, so that the application does not call GetVersionEx from kernel32.dll but the GetVersionEx in the shim. The shimmed functions then implement the behaviour of previous Windows versions. GetVersionEx is an easy sample, each Windows version returns its own version numbers in GetVersionEx, so when faking an old Windows the GetVersionEx function now not returns the Windows 7 version numbers but for example the Windows XP version numbers. So the application will believe it is running on Windows XP.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

In my case it's practically confirmed, my crashes are purely aircraft dependent. I hadn't noticed before as i was hitting fly and restart in random missions, random planes, random maps, but after updating to the latest open beta, i decided to try Hornet missions only. Over 20 starts, restarts and fly again attempts. Not a single crash without Win8 compatibility. Tried an F-14A and wham......crash on the 2nd attempt, loading process 1/60, just as before. So it must be the Tomcat. I don't have the time to check on the Viggen right now.

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Good evening, Update mode today, to verify I switch to W10 mode, crash at launch, so I switch to Windows 8 compatibility mode as before, no crash, crash, DCs takes a long time to launch and close, but since 4 days in Windows 8 mode absolutely no crash of DCS Beta 2.7 update on May 20, 2021 Sorry for English not really my language, French ...

Edited by RogSimu

I compared around 10 DxDiags with mine. Here are my conclusions so far:

The bug makes no difference between:

• W10 Home or W10 Pro (happens to both)
  • MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, Alienware, MicroElectronics or whoever else's motherboards
  • AMD or Intel CPUs
  • AMD or NVIDIA GPUs
  • 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of RAM
  • Mono, multi monitor or VR
  • DisplayPort, HDMI or internal connectors
  • 4 GB, 8 GB or 11 GB of VRAM
  • 1360x768 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 2560x1080, 3840x2160 or whatever
  • Hardware scheduling available or not
  • DMA, pixel or primitive graphics preemption
  • DMA or dispatch compute preemption
  • Jack or USB microphone, or no micropone at all

I'm thinking about the Export.lua file. Can some of you please attach theirs? I'm looking for a common "hook" that might cause this crash. The file can be found here : "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts\Export.lua".

3 hours ago, Blinde said:

Sorry. Mine are brown and crashes frequently.

QUIT FILLING UP THIS SERIOUS ISSUE WITH THIS BULLCRAP post like this! Common guy's... seriously! I don't have time to scroll though all this BS!. Grow the heck up and contribute something useful. Thank you! Great scott...

Edited by Noluck
I felt like it...

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

I'm thinking about the Export.lua file. Can some of you please attach theirs? I'm looking for a common "hook" that might cause this crash. The file can be found here : "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS..\Scripts\Export.lua".

Flappie,

My export.lua has nothing in it. 0KB. The file is there, but no content.

59 minutes ago, Noluck said:

QUIT FILLING UP THIS SERIOUS ISSUE WITH THIS BULLCRAP post like this! Common guy's... seriously! I don't have time to scroll though all this BS!. Grow the heck up and contribute something useful. Thank you! Great scott...

Geez...

Step outside and calm down if it stresses this much.

Like I said before, there's no excuse for bad coding. Which is the case in this game.

Edited by Blinde

On 5/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, Burt said:

Holy crap ! 6 crashes back to back within 30-40 mins. one after another. 

Burt, you lucky bastard. You came home from a hard days of work rushed home and got the update today and played for 4 hours and no crash issues... not one. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

So...

I got home from work tonight and wondered what Win10 would have to say about DCS.exe. So I ran the Win 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter and what do you suppose it suggested after checking the file:

Compatibility.jpg

Now...  isn't that a hoot? There is something there that makes Win10 think DCS is an old program that'll run best in an old environment.

@Flappie  I wonder if you'd get the same result, since you aren't experiencing the crash. Or any of the others who haven't experienced the problem.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

43 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

So...

I got home from work tonight and wondered what Win10 would have to say about DCS.exe. So I ran the Win 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter and what do you suppose it suggested after checking the file:

Compatibility.jpg

Now...  isn't that a hoot? There is something there that makes Win10 think DCS is an old program that'll run best in an old environment.

@Flappie  I wonder if you'd get the same result, since you aren't experiencing the crash. Or any of the others who haven't experienced the problem.

useful finding. It's worth going on there.

I just wonder why we, the beta testers, should not only test the beta and report results but also find out WHY the beta software crashes.

Edited by wernst

7 hours ago, BioZ said:

Since 2.7 rolled out I experienced 0 crash.

Same here, after yesterdays update i did all i could find in here which generates a crash for people. No luck...☹️

I stay crash free.

BTW, i ran the Win 10 Compatibility Troubleshooter, also says it's best to use Win 8. However, Win 10 mode just runs fine.

Windows 10: 21H1 (latest)

nVidia: 457.30

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I uninstalled, deleted the game directory, downloaded  and installed the whole nine yards from web.  No mod, nothing, except what comes from the "Saved Games" directory. Still crashing here after clicking "Fly Again". For me, it crashed consistently after "Mission Load Complete" message, it made me wait and then it failed.

As usual, the logs are sent to ED via sFTP.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, wernst said:

I just wonder why we, the beta testers, should not only test the beta and report results but also find out WHY the beta software crashes.

If no one at ED (which is possible), experience this crash, it will be a tough search to find what's causing it.

As mentioned above, i did not experience any 2.7 crash (and with me there are lots of others) and tried to make it happen. No joy. So...?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

5 hours ago, Noluck said:

Relax dude. Most of the people in this thread have been contributing and trying to get to the bottom of this problem for weeks now. This is your first post in the topic and you contributed exactly zero.

We are all frustrated, and making jokes blows off some of the built up steam. Try it.

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

2 hours ago, Ironhand said:

I get the same:

image.png

However, I've just tested the following games and I got the same result:

• Among Us
  • Assetto Corsa
  • F1 2021 F1 2020
  • Running With Rifles

I guess it doesn't mean much, then.

Edited by Flappie

6 minutes ago, Flappie said:

However, I've just tested the following games and I got the same result:

• F1 2021

I guess it doesn't mean much, then.

Yes it does.

It means you have early access to F1 2021, batard sournois!

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2