2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Are you sure about this? Because it seems the 3 .bin files are only re-used when hitting Shift+R.

When doing "Exit" and then "Fly again", new .bin files are made. Doesn't DCS also crash when doing "Exit" then "Fly again" ?

I'm not even sure the issue lies within the .bin files.

You know, you may be right about that first point. I might be connecting dots that don't deserve the connection.

But the BIN is the indication that there's a problem and it may occur prior to the BIN being written. For certain, the problem has already occurred by the time to you start the 2nd mission.

EDIT: Reconsidering the indications, I'd say the BIN file is actually the indication of a problem that's already happened.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Re DCS crashed on 2nd mission loading.

May 16 3pm. Sadly these crashes have returned. It is really really frustrating. 😒 I read Ironhand's recent comments here and the solution seems to be beyond us. Given this is a major beta update to DCS a stealth glitch was to be expected. But I did have a good time flying around in a public server last night. 😀

I have enclosed my log from the most recent crash on May 16. If it helps great.

dcs.20210516-191628.log

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

DCS crashing on 2nd mission load.

Somebody created a Facebook poll this issue but so many do not use FB. This is a simple poll creation website that is accessible to everyone if somebody wants to create a poll and share on discord.

https://www.strawpoll.me/

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Are you sure about this? Because it seems the 3 .bin files are only re-used when hitting Shift+R.

When doing "Exit" and then "Fly again", new .bin files are made. Doesn't DCS also crash when doing "Exit" then "Fly again" ?

I'm not even sure the issue lies within the .bin files.

It does - that is how I tend to get my crashes - I think the .bin file is more an indication to the developers of when in the process the issue is happening

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Disregard the crash is back. Somethings missing the handshake. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

9 hours ago, NightHawk1867 said:

DCS crashing on 2nd mission load.

Somebody created a Facebook poll this issue but so many do not use FB. This is a simple poll creation website that is accessible to everyone if somebody wants to create a poll and share on discord.

https://www.strawpoll.me/

A poll like that should be on top of the forum entry for everybody to see. If it's only accessable from with this topic, you only get those who read the topic to respond. And 90+% of those are having a crash issue.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It must not mean anything, but I am trying something at the moment.

1.) the compatibility modes (Win 7 / Win 8  ) worked for me for the last days. No crashes, but a bit slow on loading and exiting.

2.) now I stumbled across a message here in the forums that someone had crashes and he could solve this by uninstalling and reinstalling his official F-14 Module. So I tried that also.

So far no compatibility mode and for now no crashes. But it might be that they come back after a few hours or days. So has anybody else tried this and had success or could he/she tell me that this isn't worth the testing(?)

Edited by FR4GGL3

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

The Win7/8 Comp mode seems to work for us too, but honestly it's too much of a PITA to do. It's actually quicker just to exit the sim after each mission and reload DCS from the desktop than it is to wait for the extended loading times that occur with Comp mode turned on. However, at this point I'm just going to bite the bullet and reinstall 2.5 on all three machines until this is fixed. 

1 hour ago, FR4GGL3 said:

[...]

2.) now I stumbled across a message here in the forums that someone had crashes and he could solve this by uninstalling and reinstalling his official F-14 Module. So I tried that also.

[...]

So far no compatibility mode and for now no crashes. [...]

Update: it crashed. I'm back to comp mode...

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

18 hours ago, wernst said:

No way, I don't do that. I enjoy DCS 2.5.6. stable (in my case 100 % crash free so far)

I enjoy the good things of DCS, even without spectacular clouds.

When I read what recipes are suggested here to avoid crashes, I get even more gray hair . . . while I'm still alive. 

(btw, I have 2.7. on a second drive for test purpose and follow up) 

🙂  I just can’t fly without the new sky...and I usually dom’t have time for multiple flights anyway. I’m lucky if I can fit an hour in now and then.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Allow me to stir the pot with a little more crash voodoo.

If I load a mission and then Alt-Tab out to windows, then Alt-Tab back into DCS I can restart or fly again as many times as I like without crashing (and without having to Alt-Tab again). Furthermore, I can go on to load any other mission and restart / fly again without crashing too (and without further Alt-Tabbing), ie. it plays normally.

If I load the exact same mission without Alt-Tabbing it will consistently crash on restart / fly again.

Tonight I intend to try playing DCS under the full moon, while festooned with a necklace of garlic and silver earrings.

• Like 5

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Lol ! I’ll try that this evening because I had quit a few crashes yesterday / last weekend a few in a multiplayer bfm server right after a kill... now that’s alittle aggravating to say the least.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Setting Win 8 compatibility mode for DCS.exe does stop the crashes for me.  I’ve restarted my system, restarted the sim, flown every kind of Instant Action across different maps in different aircraft, campaign flights, training missions… the only thing I’ll say is the first load up does seem normal and then subsequent missions when I would expect to see a CTD, the loading screen hangs for maybe 10 sec and then seems to figure out whatever the hang-up was and load normally.  In-sim seems normal.  No drop in FPS or strange behavior from anything.  

It behaves at if in normal Win 10 it can’t clear something cached from a previous flight and crashes but in Win 8 compatibility mode it can. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

54 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Tonight I intend to try playing DCS under the full moon, while festooned with a necklace of garlic and silver earrings.

I like that good sense of humor. It makes the annoying crashes a little easier. I will also try your recipe with a garlic ring around my neck.

But since we neither have a full moon nor can I see the moon, I will be flying in Win XP compatible mode.

Edited by wernst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

Allow me to stir the pot with a little more crash voodoo.

If I load a mission and then Alt-Tab out to windows, then Alt-Tab back into DCS I can restart or fly again as many times as I like without crashing (and without having to Alt-Tab again). Furthermore, I can go on to load any other mission and restart / fly again without crashing too (and without further Alt-Tabbing), ie. it plays normally.

If I load the exact same mission without Alt-Tabbing it will consistently crash on restart / fly again.

May take some witchcraft to solve this mind boggling DCS crashing puzzle.

so far, win8 compatibility mode has fixed this for me as well. Crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

On 5/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, wernst said:

just to understand: Does W7 or W8 comp modes give you zero crashes or do they help getting less crashes?

How long have you tested the W7 and W8 comp modes?

0 crashes for me. And i switched to Win 7, as DCS exit times are quicker!

EDIT: this also includes restoration of the mods, constant alt-tab ing, running browsers, music players, recorder software in the background..... Nothing, nada..... not a single crash!

Edited by captain_dalan
  • Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

41 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

0 crashes for me. And i switched to Win 7, as DCS exit times are quicker!

I have the same experience.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

DCS Crashing on 2nd mission load:

Once a again a potential success in resolving DCS crashing on second mission load but don't get too excited. Did a DCS repair and restarted the pc then went into settings and turned off SSAA SSLR SSAO. Restarted the pc then loaded DCS and was able to load 3 instant action missions in a row, exited the ran DCS again and loaded another 3 instant action missions. Think there is somebody in the thread above who did this and it worked for them. Note that my clouds are set to low.

SSAA Super Sample Anti-Aliasing [may have been turned off already as MSAA on].

SSLR Screen Space Local Reflections.

SSAO Screen Space Ambient Occlusion [new to DCS 2.7 and NOT in manual. Involves the GPU and real-time ambient occlusion. Whatever that means?].

Time will tell.

Update: Lasted less than an hour then 2nd mission crashes continued.

Below is my options screen to provide a visualization. Settings are bottom left.

Screenshot 2021-05-17 154524.png

Edited by NightHawk1867

6 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Nah, you'll have to wait till May 26th for the full moon :D. Plenty of time to harvest garlic tho!

Maybe there's another factor here -  who got covid-vaccinated and who didn't 😉 ?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

22 minutes ago, Snappy said:

The Win 7/8 compatability mode is not really supposed to be the permament solution for this, is it?

Regards,

Snappy

No. Its emergency solution for now only. 

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II