2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

Only work around for the moment: Install Stable 2.5 again. None of those work arounds mentioned on 18 (!) pages before did work for me. Independently of the game mode used the game crashes on the second flight. I have observed it so far on those modes and after hitting in debriefing fly again or pressing LShift+R in the mission:

• Instant action
  • Fast mission
  • Mission (SP/MP)
  • Campaigns (Rising Squall checkpoint feature is currently useless)

Even a full re-install, with mods or w/o mods, plus all the tipps mentioned before. Never had any issues with DCS World betas before 2.7. ED, please stop any work on new features and bring this piece of scrap to a level of maturity that deserves being called "beta".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

craycobra : Never had any issues with DCS World betas before 2.7. ED, please stop any work on new features and bring this piece of scrap to a level of maturity that deserves being called "beta".

Yes i agree completly. This issue is really big. I also never had such a problems in DCS or any atoher game or sim installed on my PC.  Please ED put more testers and prorammers to this problem. This bug is wiith uz almost a 1 Month. This is inexcusably. Make this problem to absolute priority for  ED team plase! 

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Flia said:

craycobra : Never had any issues with DCS World betas before 2.7. ED, please stop any work on new features and bring this piece of scrap to a level of maturity that deserves being called "beta".

Yes i agree completly. This issue is really big. I also never had such a problems in DCS or any atoher game or sim installed on my PC.  Please ED put more testers and prorammers to this problem. This bug is wiith uz almost a 1 Month. This is inexcusably. Make this problem to absolute priority for  ED team plase! 

The team are investigating, its an unusual crash, it did not reproduce for us in testing which makes it even harder to pin down. Your reports and comments will help us get to the bottom of it. 

Thanks

• Thanks 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

The team are investigating, its an unusual crash, it did not reproduce for us in testing which makes it even harder to pin down. Your reports and comments will help us get to the bottom of it. 

Thanks

👍

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

9 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Thank you very VERY much for the help!  Greatly appreciated!  Updated the drivers this morning to 466.27 using DDU and all is well.  I spent the better part of today flying, and was in and out of the Mission Editor a whole lot.  No crashes at all... not one!

Out of curiosity, is there any info around on interpreting the DCS log files?  I'm fascinated by it, but don't know where to start.

You're welcome ! 😀 Glad your got rid of your crashes (precision for the others: this was NOT the second mission loading crash bug).

I've been thinking about creating a thread to explain how to read the dcs.log file. I'll see what I can do.

4 hours ago, petsild said:

All released bata 2.7 crashes CTD too often.

Drivers are up to date, fixed without mods.

- log.set_output

dcs.log-20210507-124958.zip 202.75 kB · 2 downloads dcs.log-20210507-144920.zip 700.36 kB · 1 download dcs.log-20210507-192122.zip 188.91 kB · 1 download

You're in the right thread. You're having the second mission loading crash bug.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Flappie, when is the metashaders folder in use with 2.7? I have checked it before, during, and after flights and never seen it populated.

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

Thanks

Thank you, good to know. I hope you take the feedback and introduce changes to your development environment like the test systems and their setup also the test scope before release. Not being able to reproduce is from my point of view not understandable since everybody of my friends has this behaviour.

30 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

@Flappie, when is the metashaders folder in use with 2.7? I have checked it before, during, and after flights and never seen it populated.

You're right, it seems they are not produced anymore, at least in the "metashaders2" folder.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

34 minutes ago, Ironhand said:

It was populated during the game until the last update. I don’t know why it has changed. I’ve solved the crashes deleting this folder, the fxo and repairing, now I’m lost.

Same kind of crashes, problems with DX11, “shaders” folder. But no way to fix them.

51 minutes ago, Flappie said:

You're right, it seems they are not produced anymore, at least in the "metashaders2" folder.

Not anywhere else in the Saved Games or Temp folder either that I can see. They must be loaded into memory and dumped after each session.

51 minutes ago, Dgpm said:

It was populated during the game until the last update...

The little update after 2.7?

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Could this possibly be contibuting to the crashes? Seems a fairly drastic change in the software/coding.

Cheers!

Edit: The part about metahaders2 possibly being written to temp then dumped.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks

Not reproducible?!  It is so widespread as can be seen on the forum and everyone I personally know is also having constant crashes.  I get a crash after every second mission load.  I have tried all the potential fixes, Windows 10 and Nvidia both are fully updated, etc.  2.7 did something, and whatever version you are testing might not be what you released to us.  

This has become a show stopping bug, maybe the biggest and most serious bug in my 6 years with DCS.  Hopefully it is pinned down and fixed ASAP.  

• Like 4

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

26 minutes ago, Scotch75 said:

Could this possibly be contibuting to the crashes? Seems a fairly drastic change in the software/coding.

Cheers!
emoji1634.png

Edit: The part about metahaders2 possibly being written to temp then dumped.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s what I was wondering. But, as far as I can tell, they aren’t being saved anywhere. Just loaded directly into memory and, then, dumped.

_____

Had the same since the recent update patch for 2.7. Lots of CTD in any second mission loading.

After deleting the the .fxo and .meta2 files of following main DCS Open beta folder, the CTD are gone and so far didn´t happen anymore:

../DCSWorldOpenBeta/Mods/terrains/Normandy/misc/metacache/dcs/

and

../DCSWorldOpenBeta/Mods/terrains/Normandy/misc/shadercache/

In the "../metacache/dcs/" -folder there were *.meta2 files dated 17.04.2021, which is the date I´ve run after the big 2.7 update for first time. Now, after deleting these *meta2 files, they were not created again and the folder stays empty.

In the "../shadercache/" -folder there were *.fxo files dated 17.04.2021, which is the date I´ve run after the big 2.7 update for first time. Now, after deleting these *.fxo files, they were not created again and the folder stays empty.

I´ve done this for every map ( caucasus, NTTR, TheChannel, PersianGulf, Normandy ) in the "../DCSWorldOpenBeta/Mods/terrains/" - folder.

Not sure if it is coincident or something different related to the problem, but since deleted the .fxo and .meta2 files remaining there from the original 2.7 update, I had no more CTD.

Edited by Rosebud47
  • Like 2

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

16 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

Had the same since the recent update patch for 2.7. Lots of CTD in any second mission loading.

After deleting the the .fxo and .meta2 files of following main DCS Open beta folder, the CTD are gone and so far didn´t happen anymore:

and

In the "../metacache/dcs/" -folder there were *.meta2 files dated 17.04.2021, which is the date I´ve run after the big 2.7 update for first time. Now, after deleting these *meta2 files, they were not created again and the folder stays empty.

In the "../shadercache/" -folder there were *.fxo files dated 17.04.2021, which is the date I´ve run after the big 2.7 update for first time. Now, after deleting these *.fxo files, they were not created again and the folder stays empty.

I´ve done this for every map ( caucasus, NTTR, TheChannel, PersianGulf, Normandy ) in the "../DCSWorldOpenBeta/Mods/terrains/" - folder.

Not sure if it is coincident or something different related to the problem, but since deleted the .fxo and .meta2 files remaining there from the original 2.7 update, I had no more CTD.

Nice find. Im going to test it right now

25 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

and

Thank you, it works!

26 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

and

Didn't work for me. DCS froze during mission loading screen, didn't let me alt+shf+del nor alt+tab. hard reset.

37 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

and

I cleared the metacache / shadercache a second attempt again 😞 CTD.

Now folder saved games of the Metashaders2 is working 🙂 again as before.

Edited by petsild

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Tested with deleted metacache folder and shadercache folders udner terrain a i have crash like before. Unfortunately 😞

1 hour ago, Ironhand said:

Not anywhere else in the Saved Games or Temp folder either that I can see. They must be loaded into memory and dumped after each session.

Yes, this week little update.

Just a question. Okay so we have to be signed in to DCS to play the sim. So is this considered a server? Just curious.

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020