2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

8 hours ago, Smashy said:

I was having consistent second-mission-load crashes today.  I saw maybe 6-8 of them.  I saw the latest posts here and installed Windows 10 20H2 KB5001391 and did about 4-5 mission reloads with no crashes.  I'm cautiously optimistic that this update has done something to help.  If the crashes return, I'll update here.

Welp, crashses while loading 2nd missions are back.  😞

1 hour ago, Smashy said:

Welp, crashses while loading 2nd missions are back.  😞

Yes, it came back to me too, but it’s much rarer. Maybe of 10 (2nd mission starts) 2or3 will be with crash

Edited by zampe

Does anyone get the sensation that this is caused by the mission editor?

It feels like after you bash the computer around (delete folders, install drivers, et.c) reloading missions works fine as long as you stay out of the editor. Then you go into the editor and do *something* and then some corrupt state get cached and will crash on reload until you delete folders et.c. again.

Does anyone else get the same feeling? Does anyone get the crashes without ever touching the editor?

(I do get the uneasy feeling of being a confused villager trying to appease a capricious crash god🙃)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gronank said:

...Does anyone get the crashes without ever touching the editor?...

Yes. The only pattern I've been able to discern is that it will happen either the 2nd or 3rd day after deleting the FXO folder and the DCS folder in TEMP. By that time, I have closed out the sim and restarted it. During the first day, however, I can close and restart without an issue. OTOH, I haven't tested to see if the issue occurs if I leave the sim running for days.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

54 minutes ago, Gronank said:

Does anyone get the crashes without ever touching the editor?

Without touching the editor, because I'm currently not doing anything in the mission editor.

Edited by trashcan
  • Like 1

I agree. When i try fly mission straight from the  mission editor the probility of crash is 99 %

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

49 minutes ago, Conroy said:

For my opinion is time to move on, the problem is elsewhere than W10 update or driver update.

The problem certainly lies inside DCS 2.7, since there was no such issues with 2.5.6. The problem is:

• The log file doesn't tell much,
  • The bug happens on some PCs and never on some others, and we still don't know why.

By the way, do you guys use FPS capping?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

A user told me he had identified FPS capping as the major source of 2.7 instability on his rig. I had asked him to reset NVIDIA panel to default, which he did. He had no more crashes. Then he tried re-setting the NVIDIA panel like he used to, then DCS crashed a lot again as soon as he enabled FPS capping.

Since we don't have a fix yet, you can try disabling FPS capping and see how it goes.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Just now, Flappie said:

Since we don't have a fix yet, you can try disabling FPS capping and see how it goes.

On AMD side it doesn't make a difference Vsync on/off, FreeSync on/off, Radeon control panel settings default or not

I am currently running windowed with vsync enabled @144Hz

and I am again in a phase where game won't crash whatever I do but it will return at some point, that is obvious now.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

The problem certainly lies inside DCS 2.7, since there was no such issues with 2.5.6. The problem is:

• The bug happens on some PCs and never on some others, and we still don't know why.

Yes 60 FPS. Im trying to improve life of my RTX 2080. Beacouse i cannot afford new one for triple price 😕

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Who uses fps limit? I never got more than about 40 fps, with 2.7. is it the same or rather less. I wish I could release any fps brake.

Edited by wernst

33 minutes ago, XPACT said:

...and I am again in a phase where game won't crash whatever I do but it will return at some point, that is obvious now.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. After I updated nVidia drivers and Windows, the crashes came back with a vengeance. So I ended up changing the Page File again - I set it to System Managed Size on the C: Windows drive and set an additional fixed page file (32768) on a separate drive. Both are SSDs.

This has gotten rid of the crashes for now, despite all my many efforts to induce them over a couple of days and several system restarts. The problem seems to be memory related for me, since changing the page file is the only thing that has affected it noticeably on my system.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

I've been plagued by this issue as well and have tried everything in this thread. Like others I'd change something and think it fixed it as the crashes would disappear for a couple days but then would come back. Today I discovered something that I can consistently reproduce the mission reload crashed with.

Preload Radius @ 150000 = Crash

Preload Radius @ 100000 = No Crash

I can switch between these settings, restart the game and at 150000 I get a crash every time on the second reload. I'll keep testing but this seems to be the trigger on my system.

EDIT: More testing and it appears not to be related to the preload setting it self, but changing the setting and restarting the game. The crashes are so random its driving me insane. I hope ED can find a solution.

Edited by bandit648

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

20 hours ago, Tepnox said:

Worked for me as well! No crashing so far after intense testing.

My crashes after 2nd load are back for me - despite the prior installation of KB5001391 . Fiddling around with capping FPS and vsync on/off: still consistent crash after 2nd mission load. Back to zero I think - disappointed.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Yea this bug always come back to you and hit you again...

Edited by Flia

Just installed in the new update with no change. First LShift+R ended in a crash, the second at least produced a crash-report, that I could send.

Using RadeonChill to cap FPS to max of 60 because of TrackIR. Also am using a slight undervolt on my CPU (PBO Curve optimizer) and on my GPU.

Yesterday, when I both CPU and GPU set to default and clearing all the mentioned folders it did not take long to witness the first crash, or freeze, as somebody here called it, that does not get crashes...... 

Edited by Wali763