2.7.0.4625 Open Beta crash at second mission load

XPACT

28 minutes ago, theoklahomaaviator said:

I’m at your disposal.

Thank you well first thing I would do if I had another decently sized SSD would be to reinstall Windows, install every driver and DCS only. If it doesn't crash after 3-5 days of usage than I will also join the hunt with trying to pinpoint exact conflicting software, on the other hand if it still happens then pulling out memory sticks, putting them in single channel only etc I would focus on memory configuration first

Edited by XPACT

ED devs need to reproduce the crash in their dev environment because then it allows them to get back to the source of the crash, which is something we cannot do with our "regular" DCS installation.

I'm not experiencing any crash with DCS 2.7 so far, so here you go:

NVIDIA settings (GTX1080 TI):

Program settings ("DCS Black Shark") are using global settings only.

My global settings:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

My rig has 32 GB of RAM and I'm not using any overclocking, not even "standard" XMP frequencies.

My CPU is not overclocked either.

image.png  image.png  image.png  image.png

Flappie_DxDiag-no_crashes).txt CPU-Z_Flappie (no_crashes).txt

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Flappie I will mirror your settings as closely as possible and report back.  If I can get solid performance. I’ll slowly re-introduce my settings and see if I can narrow what is causing this.  Thank you for your time and responses!

• Like 2

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

@Flappie I need to do more testing.  I thought I was on to something by turning OFF Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start under MISC.  I had restored all my other normal settings and even restarted the sim several times with no CTDs.  So finally I restarted my computer and first launch second mission it crashed.  So now I’m back to square one.  More to follow.  I’m not done, just out of time.

• Thanks 1

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

Still acting weirdly.

I tried the Hornet Case 1 training mission on Caucasus.

Flew it a bit and exited.

I then went back to my custom mission on Syria and had the same crash (mission load done freeze)

I restarted DCS and went back directly to my custom mission and could fly and refly again and again with no crash ...

I finally resolved my crashes. In my case it was reshade. I manualy deleted bin folder where reshade was instaled then run repair. Reshade was gone comletly. Then i load in the mission and press Shift+r many times. And in cca 30 resrarts of mission i have 0 crashes!

• Thanks 1

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

16 minutes ago, Flia said:

I finally resolved my crashes. In my case it was reshade. I manualy deleted bin folder where reshade was instaled then run repair. Reshade was gone comletly. Then i load in the mission and press Shift+r many times. And in cca 30 resrarts of mission i have 0 crashes!

I don't like to be party breaker but if you already encountered d3d11.dll or dx11backend.dll errors there is massive chance that they will return at some point. All fixes so far seem like placebo. I had my fair share of no crashes (5 days of heavy use) but now they returned at almost every second mission load. 

1 hour ago, XPACT said:

I don't like to be party breaker but if you already encountered d3d11.dll or dx11backend.dll errors there is massive chance that they will return at some point. All fixes so far seem like placebo. I had my fair share of no crashes (5 days of heavy use) but now they returned at almost every second mission load. 

ok i report back after few days of testing

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Hello I'd like to report that I've been experiencing this crash also, DCS was playing fine with no crashes at all for months in 2.5, as soon as I went to try the exciting new clouds I can't enjoy the game anymore. having the same Graphics::Renderer::FreeUnusedResources + 0x20 that everyone is getting in my .crash file. tried updating drivers a thousand times. Cleaned up all my user files twice, and reinstalled the game already, not running an antivirus and it still crashes very other mission, I can reproduce the issue consistently by trying to hit re-fly on the F/A-18 Syria free flight mission. I gave you guys a lot of money and now I just want to play my game...

Capture.PNG

dcs.20210501-034732.crash

1 minute ago, GreyGrizzly said:

Hello I'd like to report that I've been experiencing this crash also, DCS was playing fine with no crashes at all for months in 2.5, as soon as I went to try the exciting new clouds I can't enjoy the game anymore. having the same Graphics::Renderer::FreeUnusedResources + 0x20 that everyone is getting in my .crash file. tried updating drivers a thousand times. Cleaned up all my user files twice, and reinstalled the game already, not running an antivirus and it still crashes very other mission, I can reproduce the issue consistently by trying to hit re-fly on the F/A-18 Syria free flight mission. I gave you guys a lot of money and now I just want to play my game...

Capture.PNG

dcs.20210501-034732.crash 4.22 kB · 0 downloads

As a workaround, does it happen if you exit to the menu and then go in again as opposed to just hit re-fly?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I used to get this crash on loading a 2 and mission, every single time since I updated to 2.7 . 

Today I updated my Nvidia driver (to the one that came out yesterday) and have had not a single crash in 1 hour continuous mission loading. On top of that it seems that the super carrier mission CQ (instant mission , caucasus f14) seems to work smoother. 

Got a Reverb G1, 2080Super, 5900X CPU, 32 gb ram. 

I tried the pagefile fix a few days ago and since, the amount of crashes has massivley reduced. It crashed for me reliably on second mission start. Now most of the time I can restart multiple times before it crashes again.

However, what I'm curious about, does "remove all unofficial mods" include Tacview and Vaicom Pro? I use both and I bet most people at least use Tacview. Also SRS is very popular. Do the testers test with any of those add-ons installed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cathnan said:

Do the testers test with any of those add-ons installed?

I do have SRS and Tacview installed, and many testers have them as well.

However, I had disabled Tacview recording some time ago. I've just reactivated it, for I know many users have it enabled.

• Like 1

• ED Team

thank you for the continued logs. 

Can we ask those of you who do not have full debug logs enabled to enable them

A guide can be found here 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just an FYI that I've had greatly reduced crashes lately, and the major change that I had was that I downloaded all the optional Windows 10 updates. In particular, the 20H2 update (and associated fixes which included the KB5001330 rollback. Fingers crossed...

Cautiously optimistic again. The F-14B Carrier Case 1 mission is no longer crashing the second time I load it! Note that to get the Windows updates I had to use "Check for Updates" from the start menu -> "View Optional Updates". Might be worth a shot for someone else as well...

• Thanks 1

Here's a summary of solutions that helped some of you getting rid of the crashes, sometimes partially, sometimes completely.

Most of users who fixed their game used a combination of those. Feel free to try them all.

Want no more crashes even if you get longer loading times? Try this:

Right-click the DCS.exe file, click Properties, go to "Compatibility" tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." and ensure "Windows 8" is selected. Then click OK.

Ironhand+The Gray Weasel workaround - the best one so far (may not work for all) :

Before starting DCS:

• Empty C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo
  • Empty %TEMP%\DCS.openbeta
  • Empty %TEMP%\DCS (only if you can't found DCS.openbeta)

After your mission is over (you must do this after each mission) :

• Go to Main menu, Settings, and simply click "OK".
  • Load any mission : DCS shouldn't crash anymore.

Older workarounds (may not work, or at least not for long):

Empty fxo, metashaders and DCS temp folders (source 1, source 2 , source 3)

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\metashaders2

%TEMP%\DCS

%TEMP%\DCS.openbeta

Remove ReShade from DCS (source)

Manualy delete \DCS World...\bin\ folder -where ReShade is instaled- then run a DCS repair.

Installing the latest Nvidia driver 466.27 (source 1, source 2, source 3)

Prior to this, you can remove older ones thanks to DDU.

Reduce preload setting to 100000 (source)

Set V-sync to "application controlled" in NVIDIA options (source)

(more radical) Reset all NVIDIA settings (source)

In NVIDIA options, set all "DCS Black Shark" program settings to "Use global settings".

In NVIDIA options main window, click "Restore default" (top right)

Remove mods and run a DCS repair (source)

Update Windows 10 to the very latest version, including optional updates (source 1, source 2)

Windows Start menu -> "Check for Updates" -> "View Optional Updates"

Manually setting pagefile size (source 1, source 2 )

The idea is the "initial size" must match the total RAM amount ("16384" if 16GB, "32768" if 32 GB...) and the maximum size must be at least "32768" (32GB) if the drive holding the pagefile has enough free space (howto).

Set "Full screen optimisations disable" to OFF (NEW)

Right-click the DCS.exe file, click Properties, go to "Compatibility" tab, uncheck "Full screen optimisations disable".

I'd like to add this one, for NVIDIA users, which already worked for other kinds of crashes:

Empty NV_Cache folder

Ensure DCS is not launched.

Go to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache

Remove all files (hit "Ignore" if Windows prevents you to get rid of some of the files, it's OK).

After all this, for those who never do, don't forget to restart your computer.

Edited by Flappie
added Full screen optimisation disable to OFF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, the_jovian said:

Just an FYI that I've had greatly reduced crashes lately, and the major change that I had was that I downloaded all the optional Windows 10 updates. In particular, the 20H2 update (and associated fixes which included the KB5001330 rollback. Fingers crossed...

+1 (20H2)This has worked for me atm, a few hours in and out of ME and no crashes where as before it was pretty much every second time, also emptied the temp folder and updated NVDIA...more than likely jinxed it now but will see how it goes. 

Three days of flying various missions without crash - that's after updating to the 466.27 drivers + purging the older ones with DDU. Even though I don't expect them to be THE ultimate solution of the problem and I'm ready to face the CTD again, it seems they at least noticeably reduced the crash probability - to the acceptable level for me (as far as playing OpenBeta is concerned).

Edit: crashed on the fourth day. Oh well, it's still not a bad record compared to what I was dealing with before.

Edited by Art-J
Update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.