2.7 Tomcat Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

4 hours ago, Palmetto 1-1 said:

I really, really appreciate Jester’s speed callouts. Thank you for the hard work, I see it and enjoy it almost every day. The down side is I am now very aware of how much I absolutely suck at energy management. I’m either rocketing past (and losing angles) where I want to be, or fighting a stall/wing flip buffet from being too slow. Jester’s call outs are helping me unlearn self taught, bad habits. 

I’m still positively awful, don’t get me wrong, but Jester has become a legit force multiplier. How insanely difficult it must be to code software that has to react dynamically to encounters that are each different than any others. 

My one niggle, I wonder if it’s doable to break out Jester’s voice volume as a separate slider? Not a game breaker or non negotiable, more of a wish understanding it’s far easier to wish for something than to actually implement it. 

Thank you for your consideration. 

You have an ICS volume knob. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palmetto 1-1 said:

Thanks, wasn’t aware that was functional. 

Yep, I have added lowering the ICS volume to my startup checklist...one of the first things I do.  Even with the helmet volume lowered in the menu, Jester is still way too loud for some reason.

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

6 hours ago, Hunter2.1 said:

Fire extinguishing button doesn't work...maybe i'm doing something wrong, can anyone confirm?

image.png

Yeah, the physical button does not work. Its bindable under controls though 

That was some of the best flying I've seen to date...right up to the part where you got killed

10 часов назад, Salty сказал:

Yeah, the physical button does not work. Its bindable under controls though 

Do I understand correctly that it will work from the keyboard?

UPD: no, it doesn't work

Does HB know about this?

Edited by Hunter2.1

Летаю по священным скрижалям Хартмана

FYI - Reinstall the F-14 module seems to solve the problem of crash at respawn.

EDIT : I have less crash but it still happens 😕

Edited by krostar

AMD Ryzen 5800x3D, MB Asus Dark Hero, 64GB DDR4 PC3200, Nvidia RTX 4090 Asus, SSD NVMe 2TB WD SN850, Varjo Aero, Winwing Orion 2, Windows 10

LOMAC survivor

On 5/10/2021 at 12:56 AM, Hunter2.1 said:

Do I understand correctly that it will work from the keyboard?

UPD: no, it doesn't work

Does HB know about this?

I posted about that when they first added the feature, and there response was that if there's too much fire, the extinguisher won't be enough to put it out, so chances are your fire was too big.

While I'm here, is there any update on the static Over-oversweep bug?

Edited by 9thHunt

On 4/26/2021 at 8:29 AM, draconus said:

Jester bailed out on me - canopy only looked like raised and was still in place in cockpit view (VR). External F2 view showed no canopy.

I experienced the same issue, non-vr. So far I've had two instances of taking some damage, and Jester being Jester, bailed out to inspect the ground up close.
In cockpit view the canopy looks as if it's raised, whilst in F2 it's gone.

I am using mods, though, including Drunken Sailor's F-14 cockpit mod, although that only edits the consoles' visuals afaik.

9990563417699647488_20210520222736_1.png

9990563417699647488_20210520223010_1.png

Edited by Alighierian

Nothing on the F14 in the latest patch notes from ED, does this mean that no fixes made it into the latest patch, or that they are just missing from the patch notes?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Nothing on the F14 in the latest patch notes from ED, does this mean that no fixes made it into the latest patch, or that they are just missing from the patch notes?

Missed that?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...

When do we finally get the U.S. Navy and IRIAF early As, the USS Forrestal and the Iranian campaign? This is really getting old. This stuff was supposed to be done by March. It's now June. What's the hold-up? 

• Like 1

I use the R2D2 mod to solve the "Jester jumping ship" problem. I appreciate the effort of making the F-14A &B. Please keep up the good work.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.