2.7 Tomcat Patch 14-04-2021 Feedback Thread

IronMike

F4 view has this strange almost musical whistling for the Tomcat.  For the Hornet, it's more of a wind rustling type thing but definitely seems to be an effect they didn't expect but it is interesting that it's different on the Tomcat.  

• Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Since the update i have CTD every single time i try to fly the F14 at the very start of the mission if i play it with supercarrier carriers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Thank you for the cool update and this awesome Tomcat module!

Unfortunately there is no precipitation on the canopy with the new weather system. Will this be fixed/added?

Regards

i9 13900K, Asus ROG Z690-E Wifi, 32GB DDR5 6400RAM, Asus RTX 4090 TUF, TM Warthog with F-16 Stick, Trackir 5, Windows 11

It seems a couple more of the fixes did not get pulled. Wire calls should have been fixed, the coop missions were added, etc... Not sure why they did not get pulled, those were not last minute like the oversweep and slats fix for the AI.

Our apologies that you will have to wait till the next patch/ hotfix for that.

The crashes seem to be "version-jump hickups" across modules, I flew for about 4hrs on the server yesterday, multiple respawns, restarts, switches between aircraft and only had a CTD when I left the server once in between.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, Simon1279 said:

Since the update i have CTD every single time i try to fly the F14 at the very start of the mission if i play it with supercarrier carriers.

Please try running a repair, this sounds as if the update went wrong, and some version mismatch or similar happened. Please make sure that you have no mods installed that might not be compatible with 2.7 anymore. After the repair, please let me know if you still get them. Thank you.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

2小时前,Simon1279说:

try delete fxo metashader and missioneditor in saved game

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

36 minutes ago, Cornflex said:

Thank you for the cool update and this awesome Tomcat module!

Unfortunately there is no precipitation on the canopy with the new weather system. Will this be fixed/added?

Regards

This seems to be the case for all modules. The new rain squalls I think are not being recognized as rain yet, I am sure this will change.

Heatblur Simulations

Hi,

Since the last 2.7 update, there are issues with the cockpit lightning at sunset and sunrise. On the attached pictures, one can clearly see that the light in the cockpit does not match the light on the mirror. This issue did not exist on the previous version. 

Also, I find the general lightning at dusk and dawn too light, should be slightly darker.

Thanks for fixing it, that would be great !

Best regards

Scrat

Light2.jpg

LIGHT1.jpg

8 hours ago, XCNuse said:

Plane appears to have some sort of CTD/lock issue.

Spawned in a B, game crashed; next startup, B loaded in fine.

Spawned in A, FPS dropped about 50%

Attempted to spawn back in B, game crashed.

Have had 3 people confirm this happening.

So.... F14 is broke again, severely.

This was in multiplayer.

There seem to be general loading issues with 2.7, the game alt tabs out on loading, or loads very long and for some systems it seems to result in a crash. Although I have an older system, too, and I flew on the server for about 4 hours yesterday and had no loading related crash or any other crash during spawning or flying. Once the SC textures did not load, and one CTD was on exiting DCS.

I doubt there is a specifically F-14 related CTD.

Please make sure to do the usual care on large version switches, mainly delete your FXO and metashaders folder in your saved games. You can also delete the mission editor folder. Note: this will cause some small freeze, everytime a new planetype crashes/explodes, etc for the first time when DCS recreates the FXO, but only once and barely noticeable.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

45 minutes ago, ShinyMikey said:

I noticed that we didn't get the contest winner liveries added in this update. Are those new skins coming in the next update?

I'd have to ask @ensamvarg - I think they are still being worked on, or so, not sure. Maybe he can fill us in here.

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, IronMike said:

This seems to be the case for all modules. The new rain squalls I think are not being recognized as rain yet, I am sure this will change.

I think it only works with clouds set to ultra. At least on some other modules I tested.

1 minute ago, Skysurfer said:

I think it only works with clouds set to ultra. At least on some other modules I tested.

I have my clouds to ultra and in all the modules I've flown so far it worked in none, but I have only tested a few, so that doesnt say much. Maybe it is something that needs to be turned on on our side, we'll investigate.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

1 minute ago, IronMike said:

I have my clouds to ultra and in all the modules I've flown so far it worked in none, but I have only tested a few, so that doesnt say much. Maybe it is something that needs to be turned on on our side, we'll investigate.

Works on the F-16 last time I've seen. Haven't had much time with 2.7 either.

In multiplayer as a RIO in the B, I used to hear only the AIM-54 engine ignite sounds. Last night I noticed I don't hear any AA weapon release sounds.

Also in multiplayer, my pilot noticed last night when repeating the TID it now shows when the AIM-54 goes active when the target blinks. Thanks for fixing that!

Cheeto-Eating RIO = Bad Solo Pilot = Me

Intel i7-6700K / Geforce GTX 980 Ti / 1TB Samsung 970 M.2 / 32GB RAM

4 hours ago, IronMike said:

There seem to be general loading issues with 2.7, the game alt tabs out on loading, or loads very long and for some systems it seems to result in a crash. Although I have an older system, too, and I flew on the server for about 4 hours yesterday and had no loading related crash or any other crash during spawning or flying. Once the SC textures did not load, and one CTD was on exiting DCS.

I doubt there is a specifically F-14 related CTD.

Please make sure to do the usual care on large version switches, mainly delete your FXO and metashaders folder in your saved games. You can also delete the mission editor folder. Note: this will cause some small freeze, everytime a new planetype crashes/explodes, etc for the first time when DCS recreates the FXO, but only once and barely noticeable.

I think the F14 is just the "worst of the bunch" due to the assets loaded versus everything else. I had a few lockups but not really any CTDs last night (until I clicked the screen lmao); it's a brand new build though, m.2 nvme on everything, 3070, 10850K, it's no slouch, but the F14 last night at times took upwards of like... 3 minutes to load in (longer than the entire game itself). Definitely cleaned out metashaders and FXO, will keep an eye on it.

It was the only aircraft I had that happen to consistently last night, but will keep an eye on it.

It could have been related to the deletion of those folders as some things did take a hot second longer to load at times, but at the end of the night (when I very much should've been asleep) we said screw it one last time to hop in F14 multicrew and ... we both managed to plop in, but still took a short bit.

Side note; got an AIM7 to pull a rather insane 16Gs... so that as pretty cool 🙂

9 ore fa, IronMike ha scritto:

Please try running a repair, this sounds as if the update went wrong, and some version mismatch or similar happened. Please make sure that you have no mods installed that might not be compatible with 2.7 anymore. After the repair, please let me know if you still get them. Thank you.

The repair solved my issues

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

I tested just briefly yesterday evening and it seemed to me that AIM-54 guidance performed worse than before, pulling extreme hard maneuvers and burning up all the energy. Comparing to some 120C there was a very different behavior, just like if they had a completely different FM or guidance. Take this just as something to try out, i looked at them from F6 view after several trashed shots, i didn't make any accurate testing and can be very well related to changes in the AI.

On the bright side, internal engine sound in the A are a big improvement IMHO, there's still some kind of repeating pattern catching your ear but they are much better than before, and, at least in the ears of someone that never sitted in such a jet more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks for being so proactive with the post patch problem solving / info sharing. It's why Heatblur is my favourite third party developer ... by far. You guys clearly care about your product, and your customers. 🏆

cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Enjoying the update only had a quick cloud surf the only issue I have is the bottom display in the front seat is quite dim.... even after twirling the brightness knob to its left ..

Has anyone else notice before I clear out the usual metashaders etc..

Thanks

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wanted to train AAR a little bit.

I have found problem with Caucasus Air-to-air refuel practice Instant Action missions.

Texaco remains silent and does not respond for call outs.

Default radio is set to 225 AM, same as Texaco in briefing. I've tried to use both radios ('\' and 'RShift + ' shortcuts) and even told Jeeter to set TAC for Texaco from radial menu and it doesn't work.

The BFM calls along with the bandit calls seem a bit disjointed, one second he's panicked the next he's calling me Dale Earnhardt and to slow down.

I don't know how you fix that, but it does break the immersion when his emotions are flailing all over the place.

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook Plus using Tapatalk

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD