Syria 2.7

Arikaj

Hey,

did we get any indication if Syria is moving out of EA with the release of 2.7? I want to take advantage of the EA discount but I still want to see the performance hit after 2.7.

"Student budget struggles"

Thanks

My first impression of Syria in 2.7 is it looks much better with new lighting and performance has improved. Wasn't looking at FPS or rigorously testing but felt smoother flying low over cities and a random stutter issue I had before is gone. My only complaint would be the new billboards that all say "Normandy 1944" on them everywhere.

• Like 4

Tried Syria in the last F2P period and had horrible stutters over cities and 30 or less FPS. But now (bought it, cloud performence was good)the FPS is around 45 without stutters. With some altitude I am able to maintain 60. The performance was greatly improved.

• Like 1

Had a brief fly around in mp on the Syria map last night and I would say my FPS has improved a bit but I’m getting bad hang ups as it’s still using 31gb of my 32 gig ram. I was hoping that 32 gig would have been more than enough for this map. What are you all using ram wise?

I think maps gobble up whatever RAM they can in DCS. VRAM too!

Edited by C3PO

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Hi. I went from 32GB to 64GB in hope to cure some stutters. Always had 28-30GB Ram-usage before, now up to 36GB. Did not change a thing.

I dont think having 30GB RAM in use also means your low on RAM. I think the system just uses the RAM if its there even its not really nessecary....

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:50 AM, cthulhu68 said:

My first impression of Syria in 2.7 is it looks much better with new lighting and performance has improved. Wasn't looking at FPS or rigorously testing but felt smoother flying low over cities and a random stutter issue I had before is gone. My only complaint would be the new billboards that all say "Normandy 1944" on them everywhere.

+1

After the 2.7 update the Syria map became my number 1 map. 

Thanks Ugra Media! 🍻

• Like 2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Not everything has improved though.

Seems they bought the higher performance by some "cheap tricks".

My favorit "benchmark" is the UH-1D instant action mission "Incirlik and Adana Tour". Of course, that is just for whirly-bird-people.

When flying towards the city, you will notice the following:

1. added details, like fences (which cause a lot of flickering due to lack of transparency AA), which seems nice at first, but tanks the FPS and is annoying due to the flickering (4K with MSAA on).

2. to compensate for performance, detailed textures will load very, very late. Which manifests in constant popups in the corner of the eye.

3. some very obvious problems with large buildings. E.g. in the center of the city are three large buildings and a moschee across the river. In 2.56 the detailed textures for those buildings are loaded, when you are so far away, that you won't notice it. Now they have some washed out, very low detailed textures, that will change not until you are virtually over the first building - which is a massive(!) immersion breaker...

last but not least - no performance increase but decrease about 5%.

Everything tested with the unmodified instant action mission from 2.56 (so without clouds)...

Don't get me wrong. I love the syria map. I could fly for hours over it in the evening with a broken cloud layer in an F-16 and enjoy the beautiful views...

but it's considered as a prime map for Helicopters, and for those it's very important, that the detailed scenery on the ground it right.

At this moment though, they made things definetly worse!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 4/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

anyone knows where to find the windmillds?

There are some turbines on the eastern side of the golan heights, on the border: N 33°02'05", E 035°51'04", - about 14.5km ENE (~70°) from Rosh Pina airport.

I don't think they account for the direction and speed of the wind, but it's definitely a start.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

There are some turbines on the eastern side of the golan heights, on the border: N 33°02'05", E 035°51'04", - about 14.5km ENE (~70°) from Rosh Pina airport.

I don't think they account for the direction and speed of the wind, but it's definitely a start.

Many thanks buddy!👍

• Like 1

Take a look at my MODS here

51 minutes ago, Ala12Rv-watermanpc said:

Many thanks buddy!👍

No worries! I'll try and hunt some more down.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.