A hefty glove loadout

BreaKKer

f14b101k.png
1997 NAS Oceana - VF-101 F-14B-145-GR BuNo 162923
AIM-9M, followed by 5-inch Zuni's, TALD, and then on the right side of the TER, 2.75-inch Zuni's

• Like 2

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Airshow show off with triple racks?

Most likely. We have documents listing the loadouts possible in DCS as validated and approved and this is not one of them. This one in particular does not make sense for anything other than display as the aircraft sees a TER as a single payload that it can pulse multiple times to release all mounted weapons. So if this was actually done the results would be... interesting! 😁

Physically mounting something to a hardpoint is one thing and actually using it another. The IRIAF seems to be particularly good at showing off stuff hung on their F-14s that we have no proof of actually working.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Naquaii said:

Most likely. We have documents listing the loadouts possible in DCS as validated and approved and this is not one of them. This one in particular does not make sense for anything other than display as the aircraft sees a TER as a single payload that it can pulse multiple times to release all mounted weapons. So if this was actually done the results would be... interesting! 😁

Physically mounting something to a hardpoint is one thing and actually using it another. The IRIAF seems to be particularly good at showing off stuff hung on their F-14s that we have no proof of actually working.

Couldn't find any photos, but I was looking for the dual TALD on the TER, like A-6s had in desert storm. 

BreaKKer

8 minutes ago, BreaKKer said:

Couldn't find any photos, but I was looking for the dual TALD on the TER, like A-6s had in desert storm. 

As far as we know the only valid TALD loadout on the F-14 is one on each fuselage station using a TER for distance.

10 hours ago, Naquaii said:

As far as we know the only valid TALD loadout on the F-14 is one on each fuselage station using a TER for distance.

I'm seeing the same thing. Probably in the depths of a VX squadron weapon separation test lies any sort of TER loadout like that.

BreaKKer

• 2 weeks later...

Also on the TALD, I was curious whether we were ever going to see the other 2 variants of the TALD; the chaff one and the passive RF one. Or even if the active RF of the 141A that we have is modeled.

BreaKKer

On 4/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, BreaKKer said:

Also on the TALD, I was curious whether we were ever going to see the other 2 variants of the TALD; the chaff one and the passive RF one. Or even if the active RF of the 141A that we have is modeled.

The TALD is not a weapon we model ourselves. If ED add them we might also add them.