DataLink Not Functional - With Full Alignment

CypherBlue

Hello All, 

Need some help here. I have tried both a Full and Stored Heading Alignment with Confirmation of Coordinates. Datalink does not work in either scenario. AWACS is up in the Air. Attaching Track File. This is for a Multiplayer Server. 

I could not upload the track here so here is a link to download it: 

Edited by CypherBlue

Can't run the track at the moment, but just a quick check. Are you turning on the MIDS LVT knob (correct) or trying to use the D/L switch (non functional)?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Is the XMT option on HSD set to L16?

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hmm...I see this is on a server, was other F-16 players able to get DL data  from AWACS or other fighters?  Could be a problem with the AWACS AI commands being duplicated or just not set.

Addendum:  I would try this on a single player mission to see if the result is the same or different.  If its the same, then that would mean it's something you're doing wrong.  If different, then its a problem with the server.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

And its only on this particular server?  Or more than one?

Okay. I’m about to view your track now.

I’m not sure why, but this is difficult for me to see what you’re doing during startup. Are you using a simpit? When you look left and right I don’t see the camera angle down to the panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

Hmm... well as far as I can see, you did the alignment correctly, because that is a requirement for DL to work as well. I see L16 is selected. Yeah, I can’t see your panels for some reason. Ah, wait. That was my fault! Gotta start over.

Okay on your track, you’re doing stored heading, I’m not familiar with that one, but I think you don’t have to confirm the coordinates, since they are already stored?
Normal alignment you do.

I also noticed that RDY didn’t flash before selecting NAV on INS panel. Again, not very familiar with stored HDG.

Also I see there are two AWACS. It could be possible that one is programmed correctly and the other isn’t, hence why it’s spotty? Again, I’m not sure the distance is between the two, but I know one has smaller radar coverage than the other.

Now that I think about it more, it should still work without AWACS. Because the fighters broadcasting Link 16 should still show up and provide their own surveillance to you. Granted everyone is programmed correctly. Sounds like a bug to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

Unable to watch the track at the moment, but I've noticed two things that mess with D/L

1.  Having units with A-A TACAN set to 1-36 or 64-99.
  2. It seems like being on red team degrades your D/L even if you have an E-3 on your side.

So see if any of these apply to your situation and see if changing them fixes things.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• ED Team

Hi, 

it sounds like a red team issue, and not a bug. If you are against blue / NATO forces then some aspects of you link 16 will not work correctly. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

it sounds like a red team issue, and not a bug. If you are against blue / NATO forces then some aspects of you link 16 will not work correctly. 

Hey BigNewy, 

So I am playing as BluFlor. Sever is set up as PvE. All of us experiencing the issue are BluFor. Mainly the Vipers are the only ones with this issue. A10s and 18s no issue. 

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

Huh? I never heard of such a restriction before. I just now about the SATNAV restriction for REDFOR, but not about Link 16 restrictions? :huh:

Can we please get some details on how REDFOR side affects Link 16 functionality?

It's undocumented stuff like this that can drive you crazy if something is not working as expected...

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

4 hours ago, Eagle7907 said:

Is the XMT option on HSD set to L16?

XMT does not control how the HSD uses datalink, XMT simply decides if you're sending data messages over link 16 or IDM. Data messages are things like sharing steerpoints that you have to give command to send via COMM inboard, do not confuse this with things like air targets, this system is commanded sepratly from that.

• ED Team

Ok I need to take a closer look at this, I checked with the team 

link 16 should work for both coalitions

communications via datalink between coalitions are prohibited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2