Server profanity Filter - provide the list please

"Interesting" idea, now can you supply us with a list of words in this filter we cannot use please?

eg  Rogue is now a forbidden word, knowing this would have saved this man time

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

5 hours ago, HC_Official said:

"Interesting" idea, now can you supply us with a list of words in this filter we cannot use please?

Yes it will be nice to have at least the "baseline" of "well known" banned words, to be aware of that and don't accidentally use them.

Just a question to the ED, it will also include the mission name that the server is running in that particular moment?

Thanks

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Anything that suggests conservatism, at least here in the States....

• Like 4

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

9 minutes ago, Pilot Ike said:

Something like this for MP user callsigns might be a thing in a few cases... but I can't see how 'rogue' fits into the profanity category.

ED are Trekkies.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• ED Team

Hi,

it is a simple filter for profanity, we can not allow servers to use profanity in the server list. 

If a server has profanity in the server name it will not be listed and will return a 415 error code. 

If you are having issues with your server PM me I will take a look at the server name. 

8 hours ago, HC_Official said:

I will take a look at the filter, thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Edit:

Rouge was in the list strangely, removed now. 

thanks 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

@BIGNEWY  why can we not get a look at this list, you could attach it as a zip file as not to offend people

It is not a list we will share. 

It is only basic profanity words, we have just reviewed it and removed some words that are not bad words so no one should have any issues now, as long as they are not using profanity. 

thanks

• Like 1

Welcome to the brave new world - all is very nice, we all have pearl white brushed teeth, we talk nice, we don't swear at all,

go to church on Sundays, pray to God to save our souls... so nice and everybody wears his gun to protect all those ideals.

Ridiculous, simply RI-DI-CU-LOUS...

If you're really serious about all of this "cleaning", so don't forget to list all those individuals using Nazi / 3rd-Reich related

nicknames for their avatars.

Edited by THERION
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is not a list we will share. 

It is only basic profanity words, we have just reviewed it and removed some words that are not bad words so no one should have any issues now, as long as they are not using profanity. 

thanks

As servers admin I would like to have the list and be sure to avoid any misunderstanding and I can't figure out why you prefer to get us get in the trouble with our server unlisted first, then get back to you with PM and need to manage manually this things!
If it's an automatic banned wordlist you can simply publish somewhere, have it always updated, and users can also help to improve or suggest modification even before getting a server banned, or leave a server unbanned with bad word.

Trying to manually manage this kind of stuff in 2021 it's sound crazy to me, but I hope you have good reason to don't get this list public.

p.s. what about mission name @BIGNEWY? it will also affect the profanity filter ban?

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
  • Like 2

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

• ED Team

This is just for server names. 

Sadly some have been using profanity or racial slurs in server names.

thanks

Error in log is a good idea but also add a pop up window with a message like:

Error: Profane word XXXXXXXX is not allowed

Where XXXXXXXXX is the word that is being blocked, so its not some kind of guessing game

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

35 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Fwiw I've seen players with names like "Globalist hunter" which isn't exactly great

Fly fast and leave a pretty wreck

• ED Team
29 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

Error in log is a good idea but also add a pop up window with a message like:

Error: Profane word XXXXXXXX is not allowed

Where XXXXXXXXX is the word that is being blocked, so its not some kind of guessing game

As mentioned in your hoggit post 

The team have added to the error code

code==415 - server name and/or description contain forbidden words.

It will be enough to let you know, the filter list is a basic list of the most common profanity and racial slurs. 

thanks

• ED Team
6 minutes ago, Caster said:

Fwiw I've seen players with names like "Globalist hunter" which isn't exactly great

The profanity list is a basic one, so individual words that are most offensive in normal circumstances. 

for other issues it is best to PM myself or Nineline

thanks

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

I'm sure that someone unfortunately did it on purpose and it's great news that you've managed to put in place a restriction to avoid this kind of stuff, but I'm still confused why we can't have the list public available for server admins to avoid any problem. Maybe I'm just an "old style IT man" that prefer to prevent problem rather then solve it.

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

As mentioned in your hoggit post 

The team have added to the error code

code==415 - server name and/or description contain forbidden words.

It will be enough to let you know, the filter list is a basic list of the most common profanity and racial slurs. 

thanks

So we have to look at our server's DCS.log and see if we have a lane containing: "code==415 - server name and/or description contain forbidden words" ?
It's the exact sentence? I'll put in my logs parser to quickly catch up this kind of things.

11 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

which log parser are you using hombre ?

To guarantee the max availability of my DCS servers I put them under monitoring, using a little bit complex but effective tool called nagios ( Nagios-core 4.4 free )  with email alert and so on. The parser is the check_logfiles plugins.
I'm using this one just because I'm familiar with it, and I use it in the past three years to monitor a lot of stuff for my work 😉

On 4/14/2021 at 10:46 AM, BIGNEWY said:

The profanity list is a basic one, so individual words that are most offensive in normal circumstances. 

for other issues it is best to PM myself or Nineline

thanks

Why is "freechina" or "freedom" considered profanity though?

The whole list is pretty riddiculous and shows right away who was behind that idea